Prominent WoW content creator is covering GW2

Bellular recently made a video saying he's started looking at GW2. I was tickled pink to see him say that and so far he likes what he sees. We'll see how things go when he hits endgame, my understanding is he boosted a character to grab a raptor but is leveling a character primarily and working through the starting zones. 

He also has the potential to make it as a gw2 content creator. if you look closely, GW2's most famous ones, Mukluk and WP kind of have their own self-made content they use to cover the content gaps that occur. He does a lot of general gaming news, so that could keep him prominent. WP does a lot of speculation and lore while Muk is a bit of a comedian on the side as filler content. We'll see how it works out, but this is great news for the game and EoD. 

• Like 5

Bellular is great. 

I've watched his videos a lot of times, and i'm not even a WoW Player 🙂

Maybe even Asmongold will give the game a shot, and not just go by his first reaction to the game on stream (It wasn't positive 😄)

He react to Bellular's videos all the time.

• Like 1

Do people seriously say "content creator"? There's more mentions of the phantom all encompassing "content" in here than my brain can cope with.

Either way, how does this not count as advertising? If it was some other bottom of the barrel youtube twitcher, this'd be spam moved to one of the unvisited boards.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Streamers ruin games look what happened to wow When devs started to balance pve and pvp around streamers and their "millions" of followers. That is just 1 example, new world was made for streamers and look where it is now.  Hopefully the devs in gw2 don't listen to them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Bellular's one short video about GW2 didn't really go into any depth of the game. It barely scratched the surface.

25 minutes ago, Torn Fierceslash.6375 said:

Streamers ruin games look what happened to wow When devs started to balance pve and pvp around streamers and their "millions" of followers. That is just 1 example, new world was made for streamers and look where it is now.  Hopefully the devs in gw2 don't listen to them.

This is not an issue for GW2, since Arenanet doesn't balance the game at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

55 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

Do people seriously say "content creator"? There's more mentions of the phantom all encompassing "content" in here than my brain can cope with.

Either way, how does this not count as advertising? If it was some other bottom of the barrel youtube twitcher, this'd be spam moved to one of the unvisited boards.

Think he's actually a game developer. So content creator in more than one way 

5 hours ago, jokke.6239 said:

Bellular is great. 

Maybe even Asmongold will give the game a shot, and not just go by his first reaction to the game on stream (It wasn't positive 😄)

I really don't understand why people assume he's never played the game because he does not like it.

It's been very public more times than I can count that he HAS played the game.

To the cap.

And all he ever enjoyed was wvw and the JPs.

How many times does he have to say "Guild Wars SUCKS" before people stop this pathetic assumption that he has not played the game?

He didn't like it for some very solid reasons.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Torn Fierceslash.6375 said:

I've seen some trash takes on this forum lately but this one might be most disconnected from reality.

New World's failure has zero to do with Streamers.

They released an incomplete game that tanked it's own economy  via lax programming that allowed item/currency duplication. It's janky code allowed players to avoid taking damage simply by running in windowed mode and jiggling the window.
Players could post html code in the chat window and obscure other people's UI. 
The game itself was a clusterkitten.

Blaming streamers, because there was a setting to hide thier personal info is some next level garbage,

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Wait, it's the streamers that developers listen to and ruin games?

I thought it was the vocal forum minority.

No, wait. It was reddit users.

Sorry, I can't keep track of who it is steering games to their doom.

It can really be a combination of all of the above. I somewhat agree with the sentiment that streamers ruin games. i remember some of Asmon's ideas making it to BFA, specifically the azerite neck piece essences/abilities and he was never satisfied with the result and the rest of the community for the most part hated it. 

Bellular hasn't made a lot of suggestions like that, the most prominent suggestion I've heard him make is that Blizz should stop reinventing the wheel, which I agree with. Bellular tends to be fairly down to earth, I won't back him with a blank check of approval, just that he seemed to not be as crazy as I've seen other content creators go. 

But devs listening to hardcore streamers and it ruining the game is a thing. I would say Asmon is a good example. Devs have to do a good job of vetting ideas, from ANY source and make sure it's not just an idea that's good for someone who literally has hours to spend playing a video game each day. And who knows maybe the suggestion is bad, but what they're trying to accomplish isn't, so there's a middle ground implementation that could still have a good result. Though asmon was a terrible thing for WoW. He was almost too powerful. His followers were a bunch of lemmings and I kind of feel like if blizz did a good job on something and he said it was bad, his whole troupe would follow. So there was a massive imbalance between the devs and Asmon. I wouldn't want Asmon or his ilk anywhere close to this game. Mesmer portal trolls would increase massively and yeah he has lots of terrible ideas. He's like a US politician. Plenty popular, garbage leader. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

I really don't understand why people assume he's never played the game because he does not like it.

To the cap.

How many times does he have to say "Guild Wars SUCKS" before people stop this pathetic assumption that he has not played the game?

How about you calm down there mate?

Don't understand why you get so triggered about this? You could simply have replied that he has in fact played the game, instead of expecting everyone to keep up with Asmongold 24/7.

I saw a video of him reacting to the game, where he obviously had not played the game. I only watch a few videos with Asmongold on youtube now and then. But from what I've seen of him so far he almost only played WoW (he has said so himself many times) and only recently started playing other games. So I guess that's where my "pathetic assumption" comes from.

And honestly I don't think he would enjoy Guild Wars 2. But many of his reasons in the video I watched was not grounded in reality.

Like "Who wants to play a dead MMO".

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

To the cap.

Maybe because it's hard to find a video of him playing it? I found two GW2 related videos on his channel, both of which he is reacting to other videos. In reaction to a "should you play GW2 in 2019" video he hasn't played it yet by his reaction to the chat. In reaction to a "top MMOs of 2021" video he declares that the only things GW2 did well were WvW and JPs, but doesn't say he played it.

I'm not saying he hasn't played, but you wouldn't know it from a casual search.

I didn't know who he was. Seems like his schtick is mostly watching other people's videos and rolling his eyes and dropping his jaw in bewilderment. Or commenting on WoW and doing pretty much the same thing.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

Well, I think that a famous WoW youtuber who starts playing Guild Wars that is followed by people is news, not advertising, on a forum where people constantly say the game gets no exposure.  If this was a game where this happened all the time, it wouldn't be news.

Are you suggesting it's okay to say  on this forum that we never see anyone following Guild Wars 2 on twitch, but when a big name starts promoting it, it's not newsworthy?  Seems a bit of a double standard.

The guy didn't even link a stream or anything, but it's news that I'm interested in as a Guild Wars 2 player at least.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Are you suggesting it's okay to say  on this forum that we never see anyone following Guild Wars 2 on twitch, but when a big name starts promoting it, it's not newsworthy?  Seems a bit of a double standard.

No, i'm not saying that at all. 

I think any talk about watching people play games should be kept to, y'know, the places you can watch people play games.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, LSD.4673 said:

I think any talk about watching people play games should be kept to, y'know, the places you can watch people play games.

1 hour ago, LSD.4673 said:

Then any talk of saying that we don't have a lot of people watching people play games shouldn't be allowed here either but it is. You can't have one without the other. If you allow people to say no one watches Guild Wars 2 on Twitch, it has to be acceptable to point out when a particularly popular streamer is playing the game.  

We talk about promotion and getting the word out all the time. Surely it would be nice for some people to know that this game does get mentioned sometimes.  It may not matter to you. But forum rules don't exist to suit any one segment of the population.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/27/2022 at 1:53 PM, jokke.6239 said:

Bellular is great. 

He react to Bellular's videos all the time.

There is no way Asmon gives it a try, he kittens on the game anytime it is brought up. It sucks, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Knoxxius.1524 said:

There is no way Asmon gives it a try, he shits on the game anytime it is brought up. It sucks, but it is what it is.

He did the same with FFXIV and Runescape though. He have tried both those games now.

That's why I thought it might be possible that watching Bellular enjoy the game (if he still does when he makes a video about it) could possibly influence his opinion on it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

He did the same with FFXIV and Runescape though. He have tried both those games now.

That's why I thought it might be possible that watching Bellular enjoy the game (if he still does when he makes a video about it) could possibly influence his opinion on it. 

I sincerely hope, with all of my being, that Asmon never makes a GW2 vid, ever. I find him generally entertaining and enjoy watching his stuff, but I really don't think he'll find GW2 at all compelling. The end result will be net negative publicity, much of it likely unjustified.

Bellular has a much smaller following and he's a lot more analytical in tone, so he might be a better fit for presenting GW2 at least somewhat accurately. 

The sad truth is that GW2 is simply not ready for FF-like levels of attention. Too many rough edges in the early/core game experience, and not enough catgirls in bunny suits and player-run nightclubs to make up for it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

I sincerely hope, with all of my being, that Asmon never makes a GW2 vid, ever. I find him generally entertaining and enjoy watching his stuff, but I really don't think he'll find GW2 at all compelling. The end result will be net negative publicity, much of it likely unjustified.

Bellular has a much smaller following and he's a lot more analytical in tone, so he might be a better fit for presenting GW2 at least somewhat accurately. 

The sad truth is that GW2 is simply not ready for FF-like levels of attention. Too many rough edges in the early/core game experience, and not enough catgirls in bunny suits and player-run nightclubs to make up for it.

Hmm. I find GW2 early game quite good actually.

By comparing early game GW2 is miles ahead of FFXIV. 

FFXIV base game main story quest is such a bore.