World Linking 1/28/2022

Cal Cohen.2358

16 hours ago, CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

Yet some crazy people, still wants to keep this broken Linking system..

many of us would like to preserve the server/team tool because it gave us a way to create a community, made you feel part of a team and gave you a motivation to do your best.

nothing to do with balance.

the administrator has about 1000 different ways to fix his balancing algorithm. probably only the will to do so is missing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Leaa.2943 said:

When you guys have not got a link 4 times in a row as Gandara did and still are closed after half a year or more then you might want to start talking about it as Gandara have tried for a long while now but people just brush it off because hey it is just Gandara you are so full. which we actually never where and it is just the way Anet count active people and how that is so totally broken and every relink 3 servers have no link and Gandara remain closed. just destroy your wvw and burn you out.

Mind though we where surprised because we actually got a link again. Two times in a row. That have also not happen for years. We are still closed of course but at least people who want to play with their friend and guilds can join the link or stay on it for another period which i guess is better then nothing.. 

Now when you guys on other servers also realise how horrible your wvw is and how much effort veterans have to put in extra every period without a link or your server goes to kitten and becomes tumbleweed land. and how broken the system is, maybe also you can start talk. Because if alliances is gonna work then the way they count population have to change or NOTHING changes in EU. 

the way in which the administrator performs the count of active participants and how he reconnects the teams in reference to these numbers and how he keeps these participants bound to his team does not center anything with alliance.

it's just the will to do it or not to do it.

moreover, we can also not exclude that the current counting system is further degraded, overlapping in some way with the ongoing world restructuring.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

many of us would like to preserve the server/team tool because it gave us a way to create a community, made you feel part of a team and gave you a motivation to do your best.

nothing to do with balance.

the administrator has about 1000 different ways to fix his balancing algorithm. probably only the will to do so is missing.

Ultimately that has everything to do with balance as well because there will be a heavy bias against "ruining WvW" if you are on a... lets say "healthy"...  community that roflstomps enemies week after week, compared to T5-T4 servers being in the gutter.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Ultimately that has everything to do with balance as well because there will be a heavy bias against "ruining WvW" if you are on a... lets say "healthy"...  community that roflstomps enemies week after week, compared to T5-T4 servers being in the gutter.

hi dawdler,

if you refer to me I really have no prejudices and I also believe that there will never be a ruin of wvw.

with gw2 they have created a really good product , with a really fun and unique pvp game dynamics, which has no competition even today.

this is demonstrated by the fact that so many of us are still here after many years.

as a player I only allow myself to give some suggestions and feedback for what I see and like in the wvw mode. with the sole objective of having the best fun for everyone.

1 hour ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

And what does Alliances do to prevent you from doing this? Creating a guild cost 1 gold

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

SFR was so long so overstacked. Ok, quite a while ago, but still I think there is some late justice in it, that you now have to experience the otherside of being overstacked 🙂

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

p.s. even if you have a good community even if you have good teams there is little to do if you lack the numbers.

you can still have fun but you will inexorably go down a level.

Real community: feels good because guild/alliance has been through both thick and thin together and still enjoys rallies.

Fake community: feels good because server is winning due to being stacked in numbers and coverage. players leave when losing starts.  lacks self-awareness.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Real community: feels good because guild/alliance has been through both thick and thin together and still enjoys rallies.

Fake community: feels good because server is winning due to being stacked in numbers and coverage. players leave when losing starts.  lacks self-awareness.

And some guilds will only apear IF they can ktrain wich makes the combat even worse on the small population servers, for example DB has huge ViP ktrain guild but they only fight dead zones of others if enemy has decent population they m8 apear and then bail out wich makes  wvw harder to balance even when algorithm thinks populations will be similiar..nope they wont.

WvW has more ktrainers than actually wvw players :S

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

I'm curious do you just throw different color pastas at a wall and see who sticks together cause i'm thinking even that would make more sense than this terd fest! Love being linked with nothing servers and tossed up against the cesspool of try hard's that is Blackgate. Please tell me that Alliance is coming with the xpack because if it isn't ill walk away for another year or until maybe Microsoft buys this clown college!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/28/2022 at 9:37 AM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Oh hey anet, are you now saying Blackgate isn't the fullest full server anymore? because somehow you matched them with a high instead of a medium server.

And oh look only three links didn't get changed, the two with the medium servers linked with full servers who can't compete for t1, and one link that will probably be dumpstered in t4 once again as they only switched who was host.

/slow clap

Now being stuck in a same link again, I either take two months off or bandwagon to another server.

GG.

Yeah this is horrible. BG doesn't need a minor server. And with the current WvW population, they should reduce the tiers to 3 tiers and start consolidating the minor servers and do 3 servers per team. 

2 more months of grief. Thank goodness, FFIV finally opened their servers again for new players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

And with the current WvW population, they should reduce the tiers to 3 tiers and start consolidating the minor servers and do 3 servers per team.

No thanks.  The current population is fine.  Plenty of queues during prime time.  Consolidation would just make queues worse.  The problem is the population isn't distributed well because we're still using the server system.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

They must have figured they would make a chunk of sales on gems, 1000 instead of 500, if they stuck bg with a high server to start with for their usual bandwagoners. They're obviously not even balancing servers to servers around them anymore, and couldn't give two farts about the quality of matches. Might as well just stop relinks, keep the pairs, uncap servers, stick transfer fees back to 1800 and call it a day, just milk the transfers before alliances hit. No point shuffling for meaningless matches.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

No thanks.  The current population is fine.  Plenty of queues during prime time.  Consolidation would just make queues worse.  The problem is the population isn't distributed well because we're still using the server system.

You must be in BG, because no other servers have this problem. The only time there are queues is during reset, which last for about 2 hours every week. 

13 minutes ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

You must be in BG, because no other servers have this problem. The only time there are queues is during reset, which last for about 2 hours every week. 

Actually BG outside of reset, queues one map, maybe a 2-4 queue on a second

And I wouldn’t insult @Chaba.5410by saying they are on BG.  🤷

• Haha 1