Spinal Shivers 7k-9k at 1200 range LMAO

solemn.9670

1 minute ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Yet when I meet your average full power necro I breathe a sigh of relief as its an easy enemy to fight because at least its not an infinite lifeforce core condi super bunker.

100% agreed

This is how bad the balance is

When you see a lesser unbalanced build it's a sigh of relief LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Meanwhile you have fresh weaver doing twice that damage on not even half the range while stacking boons and kitten effects.

FA Scepter* weaver

Which is one niche build that can be easily countered unlike the vast majority of problem builds

You want to complain about weaver, complain about full cele barrier spam condi burn fire/arcane weaver. FA weaver is easy to counter if you spend some time figuring it out, cele fire weaver is just overpowered.

• Like 4

Rapid Fire + OWP, idk how much damage. A lot.
Last month.

14.9k Backstab
Last year.

21k Malicious Backstab
2 years ago.

16.2k Deathstrike
2 years ago.

10.9k Essence Sap
Last year.

14.6k Heartseeker
Last year.

8.4k Long Range Shot
Last year.

15.4k Backstab, 15.3k Shadow Shot
Last year.

9.1k Shield Of Wrath
2 years ago.

12.5k Test Of Faith
Late last year.

16.4k Test Of Faith
Late last year.

13.5k True Shot
Last year.

11.2k True Shot (with 3.4k armor)
Last year.

In conclusion, everything is stupid.

In all seriousness though, people really need to stop taking things out of context. If I say someone hit me for 15k and complained of the balance, where is the validity in that without explaining the scenario?
That 16k Test Of Faith hit me in the middle of a zerg right before I downed, and I was full zerk. I probably had 25 Vuln on me, or close to it, and the DH almost certainly had 25 Might and probably other buffs from the zerg. It doesn't usually hit that hard, but without explaining how it happened I'm sure some would just jump to the conclusion that it always does.

Idk why I'm engaging in this discussion tbh. I already know you complain for the sake of it, whether you're memeing or just brain dead is anyone's guess.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shroud.2307 said:

Rapid Fire + OWP, idk how much damage. A lot.
Last month.

14.9k Backstab
Last year.

21k Malicious Backstab
2 years ago.

16.2k Deathstrike
2 years ago.

10.9k Essence Sap
Last year.

14.6k Heartseeker
Last year.

8.4k Long Range Shot
Last year.

15.4k Backstab, 15.3k Shadow Shot
Last year.

9.1k Shield Of Wrath
2 years ago.

12.5k Test Of Faith
Late last year.

16.4k Test Of Faith
Late last year.

13.5k True Shot
Last year.

11.2k True Shot (with 3.4k armor)
Last year.

In conclusion, everything is stupid.

In all seriousness though, people really need to stop taking things out of context. If I say someone hit me for 15k and complained of the balance, where is the validity in that without explaining the scenario?
That 16k Test Of Faith hit me in the middle of a zerg right before I downed, and I was full zerk. I probably had 25 Vuln on me, or close to it, and the DH almost certainly had 25 Might and probably other buffs from the zerg. It doesn't usually hit that hard, but without explaining how it happened I'm sure some would just jump to the conclusion that it always does.

Idk why I'm engaging in this discussion tbh. I already know you complain for the sake of it, whether you're memeing or just brain dead is anyone's guess.

And when enemy is in boon blob any of those skills can't even tickle them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Damage calculation is too complicated for most players. Otherwiese we wouldn't see these threads every week. The actual damage dealt has a huge variety as damage reduction multipliers are as frequent in the game as damage multipliers.

Regarding the example in this specific thread: That 9k Spinal Shivers tickles the average bunker build for 1 to 3k damage (at 20 to 30k HP) - and that bunker is still capable of killing the zerk necro that can achieve 9k Spinal Shivers. A zerk necro loses to pretty much every bunker in the game if singled out (that's what I like to do with these builds - easy targets). 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spinal_Shivers

Usually get hit for around 7k

No risk, all reward

EZ 7k to 9k hit on a player with no skill involved

Cooooooooooooooooooooooool

edit: solo roaming context

Maybe you should run those "OP" builds rather than your yolo builds for the sake of some video montage, cherry picking fights after hours/day spent roaming looking for bad enough players with their zerg builds dieing to some yolo build. You are already playing a bad enough class, on top of that you play these yolo builds with low toughness, healing power and you expect the game to be nerfed to a level where your yolo builds will shine more than they can now. If you don't want to play some condi/healing tank on ele...don't complain when you die easy...playing a power melee ele with the current meta/balance is like trying to win a F1 race with a bicycle , yes...from time to time you face people who can't even drive a gokart and out of those people you make a video and so what? How many times do you die by comparison ?

Unless somebody can zerg burst, support, tank, duel with the same build..whatever the player uses cannot be considered OP/broken, "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Elementalist is the only class that no matter what, if you say something against it, 100% of the times someone will come at you to argue how wrong you are.

Ii think you are provoking some sort of argument here for no reason. Comparing FA weaver to overpowered builds is just laughable. High burst can be done by anyone, power Mesmer/Ranger/Berserker can do it by clicking 2-3 buttons. As FA you need to sweat more to do it. 
Whereas necro for instance has easy burst + good sustain on every build. As FA you need to watch your every step not to be wiped.

And these are Just the power builds which have hard time with cele condi spammers who dominate.

So it makes you come off as someone who never played it just got clapped by it.

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5