Nerf confirmed for Renegade, Firebrand, and Scourge with Expansion launch

LuRkEr.9462

"Hi! End of Dragons' launch update does have some tuning adjustments, just not 'full balance patch' level of things like skill reworks. It includes some key adjustments to Firebrand, Scourge, and Renegade intended to tamp them down a little, and help give new specs some breathing room."

Curious how they will do it, particularly with firebrand. Renegade I assume will be Condi RR damage nerf and Scourge barrier nerf while in DPS build.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

A little? Whats that? Some minor barrier change and another 5% of demonic lore on scourge? Less base duration quickness and a few seconds less burning on some skills on firebrand? Some more duration decreases on torment on renegade?

Seriously, just obliterate them, they are unhealthy for the game.

And until the big balance patch(es) they will keep dominating the game.

Edited by anbujackson.9564
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 8

28 minutes ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

A little? Whats that? Some minor barrier change and another 5% of demonic lore on scourge? Less base duration quickness and a few seconds less burning on some skills on firebrand? Some more duration decreases on torment on renegade?

Wouldn't be surprised if they overnerf it. Games over due a meta change

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I don't mind the nerfs to these 3, but let's see what happens to other specs and if Anet will back up on their recent "anti-power creep" philosophy by the nerfing the kitten out of everyone to make EoD specs look appealing..

Well, yeah. I can understand a nerf with a reason of balancing things out and nerfing things that stand out. "Balancing" with reasoning of "giving new specs more breathing room" however sounds mightily like "instead of making the new especs good, we'll just keep nerfing everything else down until you will find them (since someone down the line didn't understand, "them" here means "the new not-so-good ones") appealing"

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Just now, Astralporing.1957 said:

Well, yeah. I can understand a nerf with a reason of balancing things out and nerfing things that stand out. "Balancing" with reasoning of "giving new specs more breathing room" however sounds mightily like "instead of making the new especs good, we'll just keep nerfing everything else down until you will find them appealing"

Does this mean that Power Berserker is getting nerfed to make that joke of an espec more appealing?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

No, just buff the new specs instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

2 hours ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

Sounds like PvE nerfs

Of course is PvE. Firebrand is so bad in PvP that I don't see way to make it worse: no one uses them. And ANet doesn't cares about WvW so is PvE.

Not worried about Renegade: condi Herald is as strong as condi Renegade in OW and Vindicator is power spec, so can't compete against them no matter what they try to buff it (much less with a 1/4" of a dodge).

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

If I had to guess:
1. Mantra of solace on Firebrand obviously to force supports to use shield/"Advance"/mace mainhand if they want party aegis. Ashes of the Just stacking on allies (maybe to match rangers' stance share only half stacks for allies) / Permeating Wrath ICD on Firebrand to push Willbender as "selfish" DPS.
2. Righteous Rebel on renegade, possibly the CC, possibly reverting Devastation to only affect strike damage, possibly the damage on shortbow (all modes) as you can do 36K DPS camping shortbow (i.e. ranged)
3. Scourge shared barrier healing scaling (lowered base barrier significantly) and/or DPS gained from Demonic Lore. Probably the latter to ensure Harbinger has a cDPS role.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

I wholly expect scourge dps potential to get obliterated, to ensure that they only will work as a heal/barrier bot spec. To promote the Harbinger as the new condi spec for necromancer.

Harbinger is more supportive than Scourge.

Scourge has almost no boonshare, just Might stacking, and really only offers heals, cleanses, barriers and revives, most of which are still available to Harbinger since aside from a few barrier sources, they're all Core Necro mechanics, especially their main purpose on Mercy Scourge build will work with Harb as well.

Most importantly, Harbinger offers Quickness, one of the top three boons. This alone will shift metas away from just taking a condi DPS barrier Scourge in every comp, especially if QFB gets nerfed.

Edited by Hannelore.8153

Its odd that they did not say any thing in post on the forms about the balancing but they did throw an add on post. I do not think its going to be a major update but i think we are going to see 10 target being removed with out any thing going to make thoughts effects better over all being nerfed to 5 targets.