Who's going to die in EoD?

lezbefriends.7516

Kas.

Only as she's dying she'll absorb Bubbles' magic instead of Aurene and become the new Human god.

In the next LW chapter she'll lead the commander on a hunt across the universe to eliminate the gods who abandoned her and absorb their powers so she can be a one-deity pantheon for the Humans.

As the commander realizes her grief-wracked need for vengeance is spiraling into cosmic levels of madness, they'll enlist Marjory's help in stopping her and poignantly putting her to rest before she can destabilize the time-space-eternal-alchemy-continuum.

Cue tearful scene where Kas dies (for the second time) in Marjory's arms while thanking her for stopping her cosmos-destroying insanity.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Well, braham is very unlikely even to be in it. We don’t always get major npc deaths. Did we get any in ls3 or PoF?

The commander died in PoF, but we got better. In LWS3 Demmi Beetlestone was killed by her father, which I think was intended to have more emotional impact than it did, for me at least. It also didn't make sense lore wise, she was still alive when the medic got there, do medics not equip healing skills? She was downed, press F to revive.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Every story has someone die to make up for the feeling of the good guy always winning.

Who will it be this time?

I hope it's Braham. He will go meet his mother.

The problem is, we all hope its Braham, that is why they won't do that, they only put deaths in as "Shock" Value cause GW2 writers suck at writing most of the time, I'm still amazed we managed to get lw4 even if that robot of course was their mandatory target. I could think of a thousand better stories for ibs that don't include their mandatory Charr deaths, cause there was many from the Charr story that die without even a word. And whats up with no funeral or anything, seriously IBS writing is SOOO bad. 

1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Well, braham is very unlikely even to be in it. We don’t always get major npc deaths. Did we get any in ls3 or PoF?

Lw3 did have a death though not impactful and PoF killed a dragon that saved you, then you died anyway. 

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Confused 2

Yep, had forgotten about Vlast and Demi Beetlestone - well remembered both

To be honest the only npc that seems to make sense is Taimi since we are concluding story arcs. I expect something to happen soon with her. 

Killing off Braham is rather needless and just killing him off for the sake of it. He’s had his redemption arc played out and so he’s likely to back seat or move away to do his own things now.

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 2

Tbh i hope Taimi dies, i think it is time for a new era of "heroes" to go along with you in the story. Listening to Taimi was fun for lots of years, but is already boring.

I hope Aurene doesnt die. But well see.

PD: I hope the Elder Sea Dragon dies also, and we get new conflicts that are not dragon related, like Balthazar or Yoko.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Marjory - Haven't seen much of her since S3 and since then she's been distant from the whole group. She's in the promotional images but it feels more like "just because she's descended from Canthans".

Rytlock - He was broken hard with the whole Ryland affair.. Like, Crecia was upset, Rytlock was devastated. Could see him actually trying to bring Ryland back using Sohothin as it's not the first time he's leaned on the weapon as a crutch.

Taimi - Would be a pretty big sucker-punch to most players as a lot of people like her. We know her illness came back and while Canthan tech might be able to help revive her there's only so much that it can do.

Aurene - End of Dragons.........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Tbh i hope Taimi dies, i think it is time for a new era of "heroes" to go along with you in the story. Listening to Taimi was fun for lots of years, but is already boring.

I hope Aurene doesnt die. But well see.

PD: I hope the Elder Sea Dragon dies also, and we get new conflicts that are not dragon related, like Balthazar or Yoko.

We should, Anet have said its the end of the elder dragons story.

4 minutes ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

Taimi - Would be a pretty big sucker-punch to most players as a lot of people like her. We know her illness came back and while Canthan tech might be able to help revive her there's only so much that it can do.

I think there will be lots of post if that happens, but at the end it will be veryy relaxing to not hear "Oh commander, you have to do this", "Oh ive discover this about"... i think Taimi is more predictable than Braham, which seems to have more personality and can bring more to the table, even if ppl dislike him (which kinda says the writers did a god job btw).

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1

Hopefully Taimi, Braham, Kas, Majory and Rox. Get rid of all of them!

Taimi: The main character in the story. A constant voice in our heads.

Braham: A clown.

Kas and Majory: Zero personality. Nothing interesting about either of them. 

Rox: Interesting but MIA most of the time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

The thing about Taimi is that with Jade tech, fully expecting her to be turned into a robot like Blish which then Gorrik marries anyway. Or maybe have their wedding on the day she's going to die. 
It will be interesting if they do kill off Majory and/or Kas, since they are rather bland characters with no personality. We know that they are in this, and maybe that would be their shock value? 
Most likely a random NPC we are introduced to and are supposed to like/fall in love with will die. 
But hey, maybe this will also be the first story to not have a death? Imagine that. Its hard cause GW2 writers might have to think about something else for once! And seriously after Lw4 Aurene should be unkillable but with IBS she was basically killed off anyway as she just stopped appearing entirely, compared to lw4 where you find her in the zones and story and play alongside her. She became the worst kind of Ally of the champion, a dialogue dump that does nothing and did nothing throughout the entire story. 

• Like 1