What are your overall positive + negative thoughts regarding EOD?

story is ok but has some very blatant political messaging it's mostly easy to ignore though. The general story was decent though.

Class balance is very... I'll just say bad and direct you to the respective forums you'll get a better picture there.... I suggest just picking a class you enjoy for it and sticking to it till they do a balance pass.

play time if you sit and go through the story is around 6-7 hours if you don't skip the dialog and only do the story missions. Mapping and stuff is a bit longer.

Fishing feels ok nothing to write home about.

Maps are all good though they do feel a bit smaller than pof was at launch. Overall though they are nice.

Overall I would give the expansion a 6.8/10

It's nothing to write home about but it's worth the play through at least once and the game is the same gw2 you've known all this time.

Edited by Dakiaris.2798
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

I like the skiffs im working on the masteries for depth charge, fishing is kinda cool reminiscent of another game I played with fishing. I actually liked the story I have not completed it yet but i made it to aborstone and it was interesting. I dont care if they want to put lovers in that are same sex or w/e but some people will take offense , I mean lets face it people get offended over everything. But the actual story was decent and sad too so far, im not going to spoil it but listen to the dialog and follow the story its not bad. Kannig city is wow!! my only gripe is no bank and TP come on anet this city needs all the amenities of a city because I rather base there than LA. The gadgets are fun as hell, love zip lines jade bots the teleporters my skiff . 

WTB Kuunavang mount pst with price! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I have liked it decently.  Maps are good in my opinion, and I like the elite specs. I am not worried about class balance at the moment since they are always getting reworked. No point worrying about something that will change soon enough. As for the story, I liked it a lot. I like the closure it brought to a lot, and it really did feel like an end of era which I will miss. But, one story ends while another begins. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

*I really like the skiffs. Very easy to maneuver. 

*I was really looking forward to fishing - hate the mini-game aspect of it.  Sucks, but such is life. 

*The jade bot seems cute, but I have found no actual use for it yet. 

*The maps are gorgeous, but that is expected. GW and GW2 have always had top notch artwork. Kaineng city is horribly laid out, and ridiculous to navigate, but so is Lion's Arch... The starter island is an absolute joy.

*The story is quite enjoyable. I never play the story in any game, but I am actually playing this one and like the characters.  I have seen complaints about the politics, but have no idea what they are talking about.

*Have not found a bank yet... very odd. 

I will definitely have fun later exploring all the nooks and crannies.  The maps are really great so far. 😎

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

*I really like the skiffs. Very easy to maneuver. 

*I was really looking forward to fishing - hate the mini-game aspect of it.  Sucks, but such is life. 

*The jade bot seems cute, but I have found no actual use for it yet. 

*The maps are gorgeous, but that is expected. GW and GW2 have always had top notch artwork. Kaineng city is horribly laid out, and ridiculous to navigate, but so is Lion's Arch... The starter island is an absolute joy.

*The story is quite enjoyable. I never play the story in any game, but I am actually playing this one and like the characters.  I have seen complaints about the politics, but have no idea what they are talking about.

*Have not found a bank yet... very odd. 

I will definitely have fun later exploring all the nooks and crannies.  The maps are really great so far. 😎

To be fair, they did replicate the feeling of Kaineng accurately from the first game, so I like what they did with the new city. It brought me back to my GW1 days. lolz

• Like 2
  • Confused 8

Not really impressed, or excited about anything...

Jade bots are not user friendly, and seem to be grinder fuel.

Maps are not fun to navigate.

Story's dialog is childish and annoying.

Combat is just as frustrating as with any xpack. Every minion has CC, and movement abilities of some kind.

Elite specs are uninspiring.

Oh...

But the maps are very beautiful.

Edited by IchbinVol.5407
  • Like 18
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It's alright I suppose.

The maps are slightly too big for my taste with a lot of low density areas in them.

There are some interesting new elite specs.

The story is...yes there is a story.

New masteries are ok I suppose. Not really a fan of fishing but to each their own.

New map meta events seem to be slightly over tuned for your average GW2 enjoyer but they'll prolly iron that out eventually.

I mean it's okay...it's GW2.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

1. our final enemy feel a bit random. never heard of them until eod and suddenly in 5 acts of eod, they go from unknown to ultimate world destroyer (i've never played gw1 or read much into gw lore in general so i could be wrong)
  2. feels a bit cramped introducing all these new characters etc. bad npc's dying felt a bit too quick (we met them like three times?)
  3. story is generally good otherwise
  4. maps are good and metas are fun but a bit too messy/crowded with enemies/enemy attacks
  5. the sustain nerfs left a sour taste to eod launch

edit: sorry forgot about spoliers

Edited by Sevens.9452
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sevens.9452 said:
  1. soo-won and the dragonvoid feel a bit random. never heard of them until eod and suddenly in 5 acts of eod, they go from unknown to ultimate world destroyer (i've never played gw1 or read much into gw lore in general so i could be wrong)
  2. feels a bit cramped introducing all these new characters etc. ankka's dying felt a bit too quick (we met her like three times?)
  3. story is generally good otherwise
  4. maps are good and metas are fun but a bit too messy/crowded with enemies/enemy attacks
  5. the sustain nerfs left a sour taste to eod launch

nice spoiler there 😳

The expansion launched at a bad time for me and even though I picked it up, I didn't plan on playing it anytime soon. Turns out things have a way to messing with your plans, so I ended up getting into it anyway, but I tried to go relax through the story and not be my usual completionist self.

There were things I had issues with. I could critique the dialogue and some characterizations for days, but right now I don't want to dwell on that.

Overall, I had a lot of fun. I liked the zones, the skiff feels right, and the way the story sort of comes together made me feel like I really did just finish a long journey with some of my friends. I'm left at the moment with a very positive feeling and wanting to savor that feeling without throwing myself against any grinds or anything.

Edited by Jokubas.4265

All that we actually got is 4 new empty maps and 4 strikes. With so many bugs and glitches. I don't consider bad elite specializations as content.

Story is bad, boring, childish and recycled.

New legendary (black lion chest collection) weapons !? Lol.

Worst expack so far. This is fast baked filler expack for peps who love Cantha.

Very disappointed.

This game is got nothing to offer any more.

Time to move on.

Edited by KeConan.4563
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 6

Pro : 
- Nice story
- Very beautiful and cool landscape 
- Easy to get HP
- New class with new gameplay feeling
- Ton of fun with Bladesworn
- Fishing is faster and less boring than expected 
- Skiff are a bit clunky to drive but still don't have all mastery so..
- Some NPC are very cool an interesting
- MOAR DRAGON
- I like all the way to move on the map

Con : 
- Will fun some spe will need some help, gunsaber for exemple is not providing anything.
- Easy HP can be cool, but all ? No champ to fight like HoT ? VERY BORING !
- Heart, I hate that and even if not that much I would like they get ride of them, boring and repetitive huuu..
- Story has a daily ? Meh..

Overall I like it, currently exploring the 3rd map, taking my time and enjoying the story :)

• Like 2

I honestly love it, the story was engaging and had a satisfying ending. Fishing isn't my thing but I appreciate the inclusion. Skiffs are good and I'm almost certain they'll expand on them. Most of the elite specs are far better than the community paints them, I believe the opinion of them will shift once a meta forms.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I haven't gotten very far through the story yet (I'm just about to head to Kaineng) because I keep being side-tracked by stuff in the map, but that's ok because I've been really enjoying it.

My favourite thing so far is finding these little hidden puzzles that award a chest with some random items. No event, no marker to say 'there's a thing hidden here' just something that looks slightly out of place and if you poke around a bit you can find and solve a puzzle. It reminds me of the koroks in Breath of the Wild which I also really enjoy.

I've also been plesantly surprised by fishing. It's not the best video game fishing I've ever seen, but it's a lot more fun than many, I like that it's actually a little mini game instead of just a delayed gathering node, and that you can do it anywhere there's actual water and not just in designated fishing spots.

Overall I'm really enjoying it and very much looking forward to seeing more. It's going to take me a long time to get through the whole expansion because I only have limited time to play it, but that's ok. I'm not in a rush.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The maps are gorgeous and the art department had a triumph. The new GH is amazing. Arborstone/ Echovald is beautiful and really reward exploration. It's really what tangled depth should have been. 

Seitung has a neat mini puzzle I really enjoyed. 

I love the enemy design this xpac as I find it strikes a good balance between nice to look at but still threatening. I really enjoy not feeling like working for pest control. I'm looking at you chak, looking at you. 

I love the new skins in the game. The Jade tech armor set is amazing and I think I already dedicated a thread to my love of the Saltspray scarf. Also the ascended Jade punk set is neat and I like the saltspray set. 

I've not finished the story as I am playing it with a friend a few steps a night, but what I have seen so far is great. I would agree that it is slightly political, but all stories that touch and affect us are. Fantasy is always allegory for perceived reality or felt experience. I think it's fun. 

I would say the first three metas play super well and are engaging, so I had fun with it. 

Strike played well too. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I love EoD more than I thought I would. 😄 Was expecting an "okay" expansion, but it's really really great.

The story might be the best they have done in a consistent way so far, ever. 

The features are fun to play, as well.

The maps are amazing, but not super easy. But that's alright, we are not in a rush.

And the music!

OTOH, I'm not super impressed with the elite specs and the jade bot systems seems a bit too clunky and overly complicated on first glance. But I suppose that's more of a mid to long term project, so I'll give it some time.

I haven't tried out the meta events or strikes yet, so no opinion so far.

And I'm not super happy about the Elder Dragon plot, but at least it makes sense this time.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Aznarb.6347 said:

Skiff are a bit clunky to drive but still don't have all mastery so..

I keep seeing people say that... so I have to ask - Are y'all not using a trackball?  Man that skiff maneuvers easily, turns effortlessly, and stops on a dime.  "W", "S", and trackball.  I could not game without it! (well, I could, but I won't ha ha)  😎

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Tukaram.8256 said:

I keep seeing people say that... so I have to ask - Are y'all not using a trackball?  Man that skiff maneuvers easily, turns effortlessly, and stops on a dime.  "W", "S", and trackball.  I could not game without it! (well, I could, but I won't ha ha)  😎

MMO controls and track ball normally don't go hand in hand for most. I personally hate trackballs for being less controllable compared to standard mouse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

Never tried one tbh. I'm to used to my mouse

33 minutes ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

MMO controls and track ball normally don't go hand in hand for most. I personally hate trackballs for being less controllable compared to standard mouse.

I have not used a regular mouse since 1995. (maybe earlier?)  I hate chasing that thing around the desk. 😎

• Confused 2

Elite spec aesthetics are good, but a lot of them fail to answer “why would I use this over another build?” with a good answer.

Harbinger elixir icons look copy pasta.

Also releasing on a Monday was a terrible plan. I’d rather have waited until Friday tbh…

Edited by jpsssss.7530
  • Like 2