Meta + Strike Missions = Turtle. No thank you.

At first I didn't like the Meta event either, nor am I fan of strike missions, but I honestly like the meta event now, yes even when it fails, and no that's not because I managed to get the egg last night. The only down part I see for casual players (which I am myself) is that preparation time towards the actual event is for most people too long. That is something I can't deny. Certainly when you're a trying to live the grown up life or student life without much free time on your hands. That said, the challenging aspect of the events is actually what I've started to appreciate.

And when it comes to the turtle, today a change will come in which you can buy the egg with 200 writs (correct me if I'm wrong on that) so, no more need to finish the Meta completely to get it, just do a lot of the pre-events over and over and you'll have your writs. The strike mission? It's actually not that hard to find a group that can carry you through it. And you don't have to like it, as long as you enjoy the result, which will be your turtle...

Edited by Mystflower.7319
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

29 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

i have tried one. i went in with very low expectations, knowing, that i prolly wouldnt like it

it was even worse, than i expected. thats about it. you can keep it. dont want it.

That you didn’t like it doesn’t mean that it is not casual friendly. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Not sure how anyone can sit here and really complain about the strike when they literally already beat the strike on single player as it's part of their story mode LOL. Literally there's like 1-3 changes between story and instanced strike mission.

Have faith in your self and your team and you will win. It's way easier than ED meta.

Edited by NOneWarhead.7648
  • Like 3
  • Confused 7

2 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

That you didn’t like it doesn’t mean that it is not casual friendly. 

if it was casual, there would prolly be more players. AFAIK, they are already boosting the rewards to motivate people

you can like it all you want and play it all day, nobody is stopping you

just like the sushi, they lured me into trying. one bite was enough. that doesnt mean, that sushi should be banned.

it just means, that i wont pay for it. i wont even taste the free samples.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

If you want the reward, you have to do the work.

Also.

Don’t worry, you can totally find a group to carry you.

😄

Maybe different players say these things though? 😄 I certainly know that I have an opinion that it's completely normal to be expected to complete certain tasks in order to get a reward in games. I'm also not a fan of some sort of "you don't need to try, just get others to carry you instead!" approach.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

strike requirement makes NO SENSE for 1 reason and 1 reason alone: CAN'T USE SIEGE TURTLE IN STRIKES! if group instanced content is required to obtain a mastery, then the mastery better be useful in that content. so it makes no sense to gate it like that. it would be like locking the HoT raid masteries behind obtaining PvP rank finishers, or gating PvP amulets behind finishing the core personal story.

i'll say it again. INSTANCE GROUP content should be classified as its own game mode, because mounts and other PvE masteries are blocked from them. should be PvI (player vs instance, to include raids, strikes, dungeons, and fractals), PvE (which is story and open world), sPvP (player vs player) and WvW (world vs world)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Maybe different players say these things though? 😄 I certainly know that I have an opinion that it's completely normal to be expected to complete certain tasks in order to get a reward in games. I'm also not a fan of some sort of "you don't need to try, just get others to carry you instead!" approach.

yep. and the reward is not nearly enough for that kind of work. you may feel different, its your time, not mine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

yep. and the reward is not nearly enough for that kind of work. you may feel different, its your time, not mine.

If you think the reward is not worth completing the content then you just don't. It's your choice and you're free to make it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

To the people saying the strike mission for the turtle achieve is not hard; Really ? So you're saying only what's hard for you matters, but what's hard for others doesn't matter ? The other players are not, lazy, stupid, entitled, or not geared right, just because you don't like their style or pov. And just in case other trolls are going to answer with get gud, don't even try. I got my egg, meta earned, thanks to a great com. At least be honest and say ' I got mine, and I don't really give a sh*t about u'. Because that's the real truth behind this debate. < Mic Drop >

Edited by SimulationOfLife.4657
clarity
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

if it doesnt appeal you than maybe you dont have to do turtle collection no?

WvW does not appeal me, but I have to play them if i want to get gift of battle. Not every content have to cater to you just because certain step isnt appealing and you refuse to do them.

Edited by ardhikaizecson.3697
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, NOneWarhead.7648 said:

Not sure how anyone can sit here and really complain about the strike when they literally already beat the strike on single player as it's part of their story mode LOL. Literally there's like 1-3 changes between story and instanced strike mission.

In that case, why not put the turtle behind the story mission instead of strike? I mean, if it makes no diference...

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

20 hours ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

strike requirement makes NO SENSE for 1 reason and 1 reason alone: CAN'T USE SIEGE TURTLE IN STRIKES! if group instanced content is required to obtain a mastery, then the mastery better be useful in that content. so it makes no sense to gate it like that. it would be like locking the HoT raid masteries behind obtaining PvP rank finishers, or gating PvP amulets behind finishing the core personal story.

i'll say it again. INSTANCE GROUP content should be classified as its own game mode, because mounts and other PvE masteries are blocked from them. should be PvI (player vs instance, to include raids, strikes, dungeons, and fractals), PvE (which is story and open world), sPvP (player vs player) and WvW (world vs world)

I can use mounts in PoF-raidwings just fine - they're even mandatory for some parts of these raidwings. Does that mean that there should be a raid-component for getting each mount? 😄 In all honesty, you just have to do a single Strike Mission for the turtle. You can literally just leech though Kaineng Overlook. Playing a MMORPG, you should expect that you have to do multiplayer-content at some point. GW2 is already insanely lenient in that regard.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Raizel.8175 said:

I can use mounts in PoF-raidwings just fine - they're even mandatory for some parts of these raidwings. Does that mean that there should be a raid-component for getting each mount? 😄 In all honesty, you just have to do a single Strike Mission for the turtle. You can literally just leech though Kaineng Overlook. Playing a MMORPG, you should expect that you have to do multiplayer-content at some point. GW2 is already insanely lenient in that regard.

This is not a job or a school, we don't need leniency, we need transparency before we purchase.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, SimulationOfLife.4657 said:

This is not a job or a school, we don't need leniency, we need transparency before we purchase.

It’s getting more and more absurd. The turtle is available for everyone. You have to do some events and a strike mission. Getting the roller beetle took the same time. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SimulationOfLife.4657 said:

True, it's not a job or a school. It's a game and completing set tasks for rewards is a staple thing that games include "since forever".

"I bought the expansion, so everything that's included in that expansion is bound to be easly acquirable" is just not true.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

It’s getting more and more absurd. The turtle is available for everyone. You have to do some events and a strike mission. Getting the roller beetle took the same time. 

Getting the beetle was not this bad, and if you have the beetle, you know that.                                                         

9 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

True, it's not a job or a school. It's a game and completing set tasks for rewards is a staple thing that games include "since forever".

"I bought the expansion, so everything that's included in that expansion is bound to be easly acquirable" is just not true.

No one asked for everything, just those things that Sold them on buying the xpac.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, SimulationOfLife.4657 said:

Getting the beetle was not this bad, and if you have the beetle, you know that.                                                        

Getting the turtle isn’t bad either. I have both mounts and it took me the same amount of time to get them. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SimulationOfLife.4657 said:

In. Your. Opinion. As long as you don't shame others for a different opinion, then your opinion is not the reason for all the anger.

What anger? You mean all the crying because people actually have to play the game to get the turtle? The time they spent here complaining, they could easily have done the strike mission. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

What anger? You mean all the crying because people have actually to play the game to get the turtle? The time they spent here complaining, they could easily have done the strike mission. 

You have no way of knowing if they could have or could not have done the strike, as you are not them. However that is beside the point I made. And trying to shame people for commenting on their in-game problems, in a place meant for doing so, is also not helpful.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

What anger? You mean all the crying because people actually have to play the game to get the turtle? The time they spent here complaining, they could easily have done the strike mission. 

Do you really think people are spending their game time on the forums?

I mean, you can access these forums from anywhere with a cell phone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, SimulationOfLife.4657 said:

So you basically want Arena Net to spoil the whole expansion just so people have "transparency"? Sure, awesome idea. Just ruin the expansion for everyone so everyone is equally p*ssed. ...and coming back to the beetle-collections: Those are potentially more time consuming than getting the turtle. The problem isn't the strike mission. The problem isn't the meta event itself either. The problem is the huge impact RNG has on said meta event. Instead of discussing how to improve the meta event, several people act like spoiled children demanding everything on a silver platter. Mind you, GW2 is already insanely casual friendly. In other games, you usually can't expect to get everything an expansion offers during the first few weeks. Hell, getting some things even takes several months.

• Like 5
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Welcome to:

"If you want the thing, you got to do the thing to get the thing" 2: Turtle Boogaloo

I found it strange ANet opted for the "upper medium" one of the strike missions and not Ankka or Mai Trin tbh. Kaineng Overlook throws a lot of things at the group and coordination is actually necessary as people who don't know what to do can wipe the group. Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly doable once people get used to the mechanic, but on the way there, expect to die a few times depending on your group. Best you can do now is,  read up on the encounter, watch a vid about it or let someone explain it to you. I'm sure there will be groups doing it. Just remember, when you want something, there are probably others that want the same thing, now you only need to find them. You have the lfg and even the forum has such a section.

See you again next time on "If you want the thing, you got to do the thing to get the thing" 3: Scales of the Jade Maw (unless they fixed that in the meantime ;))

Cheers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1