Turtle Strike Mission, end of the line

The Strike mission is hard, with soo-wong 50 man team comped can do it, but for most people they  dont want to waste there time on a dead meta, however the strike missions going to kill the casual players on getting a turtle, unless you dumb down the strike mission level difficulty, most dont do strike missions as casuals, i refuse strikes and raids but if anet keeps trying to force me into content i do not, want then the game wont be fun anymore, think of the casual players.

i got better things to do then be rammed down my throat strike missions, raids, if arena net isnt planning another exspansion and its going to cater to the elitests, then fine, the game will be dead to me.

i want pve and fun, not here we gave you a way to buy a turtle however you must be forced into a strike mission.

the strike mission is dead, why because no one wants to do it, master li half the time slays the entire party the other half is the 3 goons kill you off, another time it could be the sniper and robot, that event isnt good or fun, strike mission to get turtle isnt fun, consider yourself a game for harcores and change the discription, casual players shouldnt be forced to wasted 10 plus hours or more on a stupid strike mission to get a turtle.

im starting to think the game is completely dead.

just my 2 cents.

let the debate begin.

~Commander Eirena Skyy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 10

The strike mission is fine (well the mini bossess are kinda spongey but not threatening enough). Just make sure to know the mechanics if you're leading and teach them if they dont know. Have at least 1 healer in each subgroup is mandatory. No time limit meaning you can take it slow.

One of the solution for casuals is to join the group that is asking for dps since that mean squad already sorted out crucial roles. But do make sure to know mechanics and how to response against them first! Once again there is no time limit so try to stay alive and dps as much as you can.

Im sure that when kaineng overlook lfg pops up it completely filled in seconds so to say it is dead is completely wrong. 

Edited by Harubpunbaru.3260
  • Like 7
  • Confused 7

56 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

The strike mission is neither hard nor dead. The difficulty is absolutely fine.  Even casuals do strike missions. 

This is the thing, you get some people saying it's not hard.  Then others say it's impossible.  (I can't say either way I haven't done it yet.)  But what isn't hard for you might be for me or vice versa.  People have different abilities.  In real life I have a very specialized business, and what I do isn't hard...for me.  But it's also a successful business because many other people can't do it.  Easy or hard is incredibly subjective.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Minjin.8259 said:

This is the thing, you get some people saying it's not hard.  Then others say it's impossible.  (I can't say either way I haven't done it yet.)  But what isn't hard for you might be for me or vice versa.  People have different abilities.  In real life I have a very specialized business, and what I do isn't hard...for me.  But it's also a successful business because many other people can't do it.  Easy or hard is incredibly subjective.

Of course, you are right. The strike mission doesn’t ask you to do anything you haven’t done before in the game. You even know how the fight is going to be because you have played it before in the story. There are just some additional mechanics, but to play them you don’t have to do anything new. There is not a timer so you don’t even have the pressure that the time will run out, you can just take your time and play it safe if you like. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 3

It's not about being able to do the Strike or not. It's in my opinion about being "forced" into Strike Missions that most casuals don't participate in the first place. I use the word forced meaning you have to complete it to get the Thruster Control Unit to complete the mount collection.  If you don't complete the Strike Mission that mount will be forever locked behind game content that is not enjoyable. 

I have found that Strike Mission and Raids are filled to the brim with some of the most toxic players in all of GW2.  

What ever happened to the OG manifest about playing how you want to play?

Just like the DE Meta, there needs to be an alternate way of getting the Thruster Control Unit besides having to deal with toxic players to get a mount that was clearly used as the main push for everyone to buy the EOD expansion. 

"Ready to ride"

Edited by Baron Von Graymouse.7801
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Baron Von Graymouse.7801 said:

It's not about being able to do the Strike or not. It's in my opinion about being "forced" into Strike Missions that most casuals don't participate in the first place. I use the word forced meaning you have to complete it to get the Thruster Control Unit to complete the mount collection.  If you don't complete the Strike Mission that mount will be forever locked behind game content that is not enjoyable. 

I have found that Strike Mission and Raids is filled to the brim with some of the most toxic players in all of GW2.  

What ever happened to the OG manifest about playing how you want to play?

Just like the DE Meta, there needs to be an alternate way of getting the Thruster Control Unit besides having to deal with toxic players to get a mount that was clearly used as the main push for everyone to buy the EOD expansion. 

"Ready to ride"

So far I have never experienced toxicity while I was doing strike missions. That seems to be a myth. Maybe try and see it from Anet’s perspective: we got this feature everyone wants, the turtle, and we got this feature we want to promote, the strike missions. Combining this two seems not that stupid to me. The strike mission was daily yesterday. Some in the group I did it with, did it for the turtle and it was their first time doing EoD strike missions. After we finished they said that they liked it and will do it more often. Of course there are also people that won’t do strike missions again. But you can never satisfy everyone. 
After Thursday you don’t have to do the meta to get the egg. You can just buy it. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

So far I have never experienced toxicity while I was doing strike missions. That seems to be a myth. Maybe try and see it from Anet’s perspective: we got this feature everyone wants, the turtle, and we got this feature we want to promote, the strike missions. Combining this two seems not that stupid to me. The strike mission was daily yesterday. Some in the group I did it with, did it for the turtle and it was their first time doing EoD strike missions. After we finished they said that they liked it and will do it more often. Of course there are also people that won’t do strike missions again. But you can never satisfy everyone. 

I have been kicked from Strike Missions because I was using the wrong spec. Also, been kicked for refusing to gear check. I am glad that you have never experience this, but for you to say it doesn't exist or it is a myth is not being truthful or fair to those who have experienced this.

I am not saying that Anet needs to give the item away. All I am saying is that there needs to be an alternate way of getting it in the open world and not being forced into instanced content that quite frankly I am not interested in doing. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Baron Von Graymouse.7801 said:

I have been kicked from Strike Missions because I was using the wrong spec. Also, been kicked for refusing to gear check. I am glad that you have never experience this, but for you to say it doesn't exist or it is a myth is not being truthful or fair to those who have experienced this.

I am not saying that Anet needs to give the item away. All I am saying is that there needs to be an alternate way of getting it in the open world and not being forced into instanced content that quite frankly I am not interested in doing. 

Being kicked from a group because you don’t play what they need is not toxic behavior. But okay, there seems to be different definitions of that term. 
I don’t see the need for an alternative. You don’t have to be interested in strike missions. You just have to do one for the collection, that’s all. No big deal really. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Being kicked from a group because you don’t play what they need is not toxic behavior. But okay, there seems to be different definitions of that term. 
I don’t see the need for an alternative. You don’t have to be interested in strike missions. You just have to do one for the collection, that’s all. No big deal really. 

Clearly we are just talking past each other. It was nice talking to you. I hope you have a great day. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

To OP, i'm not here to cheer you up but i will share my experience so far and hope you will re think.

I am too is a casual to the core, i never done any strike, frac nor raid. All i ever done and still do in 7 years of gw2 is OW/WvW and guess what i suck at WvW as well, never actually win a 1v1 fight but i'm fine with it because it's fun.

Back to DE first week pre-nerf or fix, i was extremely lucky to get in a nice squad but everyone just tired after 12 hrs of failing and they attempted the last run, nobody really want to talk in chat and the map was silent beside commander giving direction and leading in discord but amazingly with good RNG we finally did it at 30s timer.

After that i found out that the nightmare wasn't end just yet, i need to do the strike...yeah my frustration was at the limit. Just so you know around the first week there were very few groups running Kaineng Overlook due to not many players have the egg and those who got the egg around that time frame were mostly try hard/raider so they just went on and did the strike with the try hard team. But since i wanted the turtle so bad and after many hours checking LFG my luck once again struck me with a "first time...." group. Everybody was so nice, really no one asking much from others, we went in blind although it took like 2 hrs because we were so bad we won and due to a stupid bug i did not get the thruster...i was raging and almost wanna quit. I pushed myself too far at this point so i don't care anymore and made my own group the next day and all i did was putting "Blind first time...." on the LFG, everybody joined in like 10s. I did not asked them to do anything beside asking if there were any Alac/Heal in the group, though at the end we're missing Alac and wiped a few times but everything went smoothly, no pressure at all, i was so happy that the nightmare is gone.

I'm a dedicated OW scrub so all my gears are for that purpose alone, i was playing necro wearing full celestial i know my limit, my dps is bad so i picked all quickness traits and literally spam every buttons that off cooldown with the boon duration on cele i managed to maintain perma quickness for the group so nobody complained and thanks to my personal survival gear as a scrub in OW i'm one of 4 last standing in that strike while 6 were dead and as they said "dead player deal no damage", that's literally the case in this Strike as long as you survive, even 2 players can carry the whole team.

After March 15 when everyone guarantee to get the Egg there will be a very high demand for Kaineng Overlook Strike so may be there will be a lot casual players out there try to do this mission. Join them or host your own group but remember, always be nice to each others. 

I too as a casual agree with you OP but we already got what we want with DE meta, asking for more is a bit too much at this point but this is just my personal opinion so don't quote me on this. Right now i'm more pissed off about the the turtle, after all i went through i realized its just a toy, i don't have control over 50% of the turtle when i'm alone and the back seat are mostly trolls that dump all the ammos on the WRONG TARGET then left.

Edited by Eros.6801
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Your post contains the solution to your own problem.

9 hours ago, Aerisskyy.8291 said:

~Commander

Start a squad (in "raid mode," which is a 10-person size cap). Put an accurate description like "casual' or "first time" or "turtle achievement" in the LFG description. You'll have a crew within minutes.

All you really need to make sure you're okay comp-wise are a few healers. Firebrand is great, Tempest is great, Healscourge is ideal because it's the best at picking people up when they're downed.

As long as you describe what you're doing accurately in LFG and set a decent baseline for communication, you'll pretty much always end up with a group of people on the same wavelength — either others who have the exact same need or just some nice people who want to help you succeed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Minjin.8259 said:

It's not really subjective. There is no failure timer, there are not many mechanics - and no instant death mechanics. There's also relatively little damage.

There are a few mechanics to learn, i.e. orange circles will not damage you but will down allies, the mindbender and enforcer together take less dmg (shown by purple tether between them) - I don't think it is difficult at all.

Like someone else said, you can just stack tanky and healer stuff.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, Minjin.8259 said:

Easy or hard is incredibly subjective.

5 half competent players can carry 5 people who literally go afk at the entrance. That's the level of difficulty we're talking about here.

Since there is no enrage timer at all I suppose with some preparation there might be youtube videos with horrible music in the future with 2 man or even solo runs.

• Like 6
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Is this a troll post? The EOD normal mode (CMs arent out yet) strikes are literally just dodge bad stuff. There are no dps checks or enrages. harvest temple requires a bit more memorization, but the first 3 are just reactive dodge fights. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Aerisskyy.8291 said:

i got better things to do then be rammed down my throat strike missions, raids, if arena net isnt planning another exspansion and its going to cater to the elitests, then fine, the game will be dead to me.

Having starter gear from 2012 and 1-2-3 weapon rotation doesn't work in 2022 :))

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

The strike mission doesn’t ask you to do anything you haven’t done before in the game. You even know how the fight is going to be because you have played it before in the story. There are just some additional mechanics, but to play them you don’t have to do anything new. There is not a timer so you don’t even have the pressure that the time will run out, you can just take your time and play it safe if you like. 

I agree. It could even be, that players, who struggled with the fight in the story, could have an easier fight in the strike mission, because of other players helping in the strike misson. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

They really ought to make a proper lfg system like WoW/FFXIV for an easy mode version of strikes/raids. Keep a proper difficult/normal mode with better rewards. It'd reduce the anxiety for those who have it and would make it more accessible to learn the fights. The important part is having flexible difficulties so you can make all kinds of players feel welcome to the content. It'd also help with some balance issues imo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Dear Anet, thanks for expac, over all i have a good experience. But minor things like meta and strikes leave a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak. I wasted  4-6 hours (or, not enjoyed playing) on meta on first days, but thanks to nerfs, i finally was able to do it. And after this - strike. As a very casual player (i have personal disabilities IRL, and not great PC, so even on lowest settings all fights is a bit messy) i am having a bad time completing strike. I did try it today for 2 hours, best result - we came to sniper/mech phase. If in a meta scenario I can rely on 50+ people and my contribution is not worth that much: another in a stike i am failing direct 9 players, making they game unpleasant. And i dont appreciate it. I am not having fun myself, I am not having fun wasting other people time, etc. Why force people to play the content, wich they dont enjoy? 

Will I be able to use turtle in strikes? No. Why tie the mount to it, then? Please make the other way to obtain collection item, like you did with meta.

I feel bad when your advertising say "get a new cool mount" (and I love it), but in reality, after purchasing expansion... i cant.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, yarr.4053 said:

Dear Anet, thanks for expac, over all i have a good experience. But minor things like meta and strikes leave a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak. I wasted  4-6 hours (or, not enjoyed playing) on meta on first days, but thanks to nerfs, i finally was able to do it. And after this - strike. As a very casual player (i have personal disabilities IRL, and not great PC, so even on lowest settings all fights is a bit messy) i am having a bad time completing strike. I did try it today for 2 hours, best result - we came to sniper/mech phase. If in a meta scenario I can rely on 50+ people and my contribution is not worth that much: another in a stike i am failing direct 9 players, making they game unpleasant. And i dont appreciate it. I am not having fun myself, I am not having fun wasting other people time, etc. Why force people to play the content, wich they dont enjoy? 

Will I be able to use turtle in strikes? No. Why tie the mount to it, then? Please make the other way to obtain collection item, like you did with meta.

I feel bad when your advertising say "get a new cool mount" (and I love it), but in reality, after purchasing expansion... i cant.

There are always people that don’t like specific things and complain, take the GoB for example. But is this a reason to change anything? Not really. 
They are combining two features of the expansion, nothing wrong with that. 

• Confused 9
  • Sad 3

31 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

There are always people that don’t like specific things and complain, take the GoB for example. But is this a reason to change anything? Not really. 

This.

You're not entitled to get everything, asap. Different rewards behind different hurdles. I would suggest you play games for the journey, not the rewards.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

It really just depends on whether they make more money leaving it this way or changing it. And only ArenaNet can decide that.

Any company that lasts would prefer their customers tell them when they are unhappy rather than just taking their money elsewhere.

Said company may decide they are better off without that customer, but it’s better to hear complaints than silence.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1