Tired of people complaining about harbinger

Yes it does a lot of dmg, but its best attacks are highly telegraphed. All it has is huge numbers and too little sustain.  I am not a necro main and so i have only fought against them.  And reality is, it can be deleted by a +1 if people focus it.  Even people complaing about vindicator gs5 is not great.  It could use a a bit of dmg toning down.  What nerf vindicator needs is to its sustain. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 10

12 minutes ago, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

Yes it does a lot of dmg, but its best attacks are highly telegraphed. All it has is huge numbers and too little sustain.  I am not a necro main and so i have only fought against them.  And reality is, it can be deleted by a +1 if people focus it.  Even people complaing about vindicator gs5 is not great.  It could use a a bit of dmg toning down.  What nerf vindicator needs is to its sustain. 

Thanks to the mobility, shroud5 and all the oneshot potential I am 10 times more survivable on my harbi than core necro.

You must be delusional to defend such a toxic spec. 

It is the same necro story of every patch, the most noob friendly spammy low risk high reward playstyle build which anet refuses to nerf or will do in years.

So much fun to have another 2 years of necro meta.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Attacks being highly telegraphed is a good argument for arguing against nerfs here? 

Well,  that and the fact that harbringer has bad sustain period.  Take away the dmg and harbringer is useless.  I mean it is still bad, but not utterly useless like it will become after nerf. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

10 minutes ago, myun.6395 said:

Thanks to the mobility, shroud5 and all the oneshot potential I am 10 times more survivable on my harbi than core necro.

You must be delusional to defend such a toxic spec. 

It is the same necro story of every patch, the most noob friendly spammy low risk high reward playstyle build which anet refuses to nerf or will do in years.

So much fun to have another 2 years of necro meta.

You are more survivable on your harbi than core?  Lol.  We are done here. Nice joke btw. 

Edit:- Also,  the meta is not going to be harbringer.  It will probably be mechanist, bladesworn, vindicator and specter from the eod specs. 

Edited by lightDestroyer.1265
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

Well,  that and the fact that harbringer has bad sustain period.  Take away the dmg and harbringer is useless.  I mean it is still bad, but not utterly useless like it will become after nerf. 

Having bad sustain/high telegraphs has never stopped these forums before.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 9

26 minutes ago, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

You are more survivable on your harbi than core?  Lol.  We are done here. Nice joke btw. 

Edit:- Also,  the meta is not going to be harbringer.  It will probably be mechanist, bladesworn, vindicator and specter from the eod specs. 

Mechanist is pretty useless with his mech perma cc rooted blinded right now, better still play holo.

With a dedicated healer harbinger is meta, don't doubt that.

All top players monthly at winners are playing it and they are again top leaderboard.

If it's weak and trash like you say with zero sustain they would have struggle to play it.

They are playing it coz it works, and it's overtuned just like vindi and mechanist pre nerf.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

The damage on harbinger also exists on berserker and no one complains about that.  The reason harbinger is good is the same reason reaper is good. It has good ranged damage and good melee damage with access to two teleports.  If you nerf its damage there is no reason to run it over reaper right now. What they should really do is double down on its hybrid nature by nerfing some power coefficients and increasing is condi output so it has an identity outside of reaper.

All tournament players here? 😁

The harbinger metabuild (carrion, curses, soul reaping) is only viable when strictly put aside a dedicated healer. In unorganized fights it is a freekill above bronze division skill level. (Keep in mind that most bronze division skill level players are in gold division actally since everthing below is just bots.)

Did you notice that ANet did not nerf harbinger yet in contrast to other EOD specs? That is the reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Lmao we're just determined to make sure everyone suffers while playing anything that is a class we don't play, while somehow expecting enough people will still play it to give us dopamine for beating them

You sir have won the internet. This is the forums in its purest form. I wish Anet would SEE THIS AND STOP TAKING ANYTHING SERIOUSLY SAID. In all reality if Anet did the opposite of every request ever made on here, we would be better off. Truly. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 8:33 AM, FrownyClown.8402 said:

The damage on harbinger also exists on berserker and no one complains about that.  The reason harbinger is good is the same reason reaper is good. It has good ranged damage and good melee damage with access to two teleports.  If you nerf its damage there is no reason to run it over reaper right now. What they should really do is double down on its hybrid nature by nerfing some power coefficients and increasing is condi output so it has an identity outside of reaper.

Hmm  condi harbinger is already as good as power harbinger if not better, the reason top players play power is because it's fun not because it's better then condi harb, (or reaper for that matter) 

• Confused 1