The Imbalance & Broken game of WvW.

Moonlight.8104

Since the expansion opened up in WvW the game has become imbalanced & toxic, opening the world servers was not a good idea the corruption of players using hacks & bots makes playing WvW not worth it. What needs to be addressed is the factions, maps & servers that play in the game, GW2 has 3 factions & 4 maps you could go back to what is played in GW1 a very big map & 2 factions because in GW2 in WvW you have 2 factions going after 1 faction which is not very fair & the aggressive ideology is so toxic that some people just don't want to play 1st time players depending on which side of the fence you are on don't like getting murdered at start & also whispered to saying 'We are Pros & you are *****" goes to said toxicity is out the roof. Opening up the world servers was insane for WvW making the game more broken & there's no quick fixes in this unless you change the maps. factions & server setups. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 12

The reason for three sides is to prevent the one bad thing about two sided fights, one side becomes so dominant that could just push the other side off the map and nothing could be done but wait for them to ease up. In a three sided fight you have the possibility where the third side could distract or even pull the oppressing side onto them. There have been two sided games before where players would actively switch and bandwagon to the winning sides.

Now gw2 does indeed handle the 2v1 really badly as in it doesn't promote the two weakest against the strongest, it's always the two strongest vs the weakest but that goes back to being a points to win game mode, and yeah it might as well be a two sided match at that point. But let's not forget these are week long matches, not 20 mins, not an hour, 7 days, the fights switch constantly and whomever is being pressured eventually gets a break and even get their turn to be the oppressors.

Not sure what you're on about opening up servers, there's actually more servers on full status than a month ago. Toxicity exist in all pvp modes in every game, no matter how many players or how it's played, going to two sided games isn't going to boot the person whispering you that they're better.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Gwaihir.1745 said:

Outnumbered should be a larger stat buff, like +300 all stats. Would allow smaller teams to handle better outmanned.

And then you'd have guilds screaming/trolling for people to get off the map so they get can the buff to run their own private group with it, or crying so they don't have to face smaller groups with that bonus. At which point we might as well just run instances instead.

So, No, thank you, to stat buffs on outnumbered.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

And then you'd have guilds screaming/trolling for people to get off the map so they get can the buff to run their own private group with it, or crying so they don't have to face smaller groups with that bonus. At which point we might as well just run instances instead.

That would probably be very short lived as the guild would shortly be laughed out of there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The +300 to all stats is very poorly thought out, both because it's static, and because of how easy it is for players to abuse outnumbered (if there ever was a motivation to do so).

* Static

This means that if there's 10 on the map and the enemy are 20, all those 10 gets +300 all stats. If there's 10 and 100 those 10 gets +300 stats. If there's 50 and 100, but the second server has 5 people running a separate havoc and meets 10 of the outnumbered server the 10 will have +300 stats.

Outnumbered is too broad and not granular enough. If it could specify each territory that might have helped a bit. But also, a flat 300 can be useful if you're 5 and meet 6-9 enemies. But at 10+ you got to be pretty organised and teamwork anyways. The stats just doesn't help enough when it needs to, and too much in most of the wrong situations.

* Abuse

As Xen mentioned, there are players that will find ways to abuse this, from: Organised groups trying to get the bonus so they can improve their performance to destroy enemy zerg, to gank squads that will be even gankier, ruin most chances at having fair duels in wvw. 

While again not really helping where it's needed. It just makes it so that combat is never "fair" (As in 2 players have the same rough potential/stats/build options available).

-----

If you specifically want a handicap system, you should at least make it a scaling one. % bonuses depending on how outnumbered etc. Which would likely require ANet to code in more ways to track that (so I wouldn't get my hopes up). Though the majority of WvW players would likely still be against it, because it would still destroy the "fairness of builds" basically.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Maybe instead of looking to boost the outnumbered, look at the other side of it and see what can be done there, since that's the real problem. I once suggested an overwhelming buff instead where the bigger groups were worth more. 

I don't think bonus stats should be used, we already have bloodlust, guild claim buffs, and keep presence, with the guild and keep ones already getting enough complaints over the years to have them removed. +300 points to all stats would be insane, even for a roamer.

2 hours ago, Gwaihir.1745 said:

Outnumbered should be a larger stat buff, like +300 all stats. Would allow smaller teams to handle better outmanned.

Heh I still remember how Blizzard handled outnumbered in WoW on Wintergrasp outworld pvp map. You literally turned into a raid boss if you were severely outnumbered. Ofc the people outnumbered would still usually lose because even as a raid boss the enemy team could still chain CC and kill you but nevertheless it was always hilarious to just roll into a group of enemies and slaughter them. Then again it wasn't an effective way to deal with being outnumbered so Blizzard kind of ditched the whole idea. So I doubt it would be an effective way to deal with the issue on GW2 also.

• Like 1

I find the clash on three sides very nice. it gives you many more variables than the clash on two sides. of course it takes a bit of initiative on the part of the player, otherwise everything can become boring.

as far as numerical inferiority is concerned, I do not want any correction of the player's statistics. as I have already said and I repeat myself :

build teams equal in number (or the one that comes closest) automatic control of the number of active players on the 3 sides every 60 min, modify the war points that generate the structures accordingly. 24/7 balance achieved. 😊

7 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

If only someone could come up with a way to periodically rebalance the populations of all worlds.

Thats not what alot of players that apear in wvw are into, they are there to ktrain.... several large guilds only apear if they can outman all maps or  at least the map they are in.

At least has been my experience in NA

Edited by Aeolus.3615

Other games have addressed this by significantly increasing the rewards received by the underdog. 

Anet seems to hate giving WvW players any rewards or reasonable ROI for the time spent though.

They also really need to address the populations because it’s a joke.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 3/17/2022 at 7:01 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

That already happens and anyone that unironically does that should go straight back to pve.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

20 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

That already happens and anyone that unironically does that should go straight back to pve.

Well they scream to get people off so their blob can get on, they don't scream at people to leave so they have the map to themselves, never seen that happen. Had it happen like two nights ago, and the com that was running in the map told them to just run with the half they have on the map 😛 After 15 mins of no one listening they eventually went to another map lol. Wait in line like everyone else you jack blasters. 😆

28 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Well they scream to get people off so their blob can get on, they don't scream at people to leave so they have the map to themselves, never seen that happen. Had it happen like two nights ago, and the com that was running in the map told them to just run with the half they have on the map 😛 After 15 mins of no one listening they eventually went to another map lol. Wait in line like everyone else you jack blasters. 😆

Well, let's be honest here. Did you even think of complying with their screaming? Did anyone? They are nothing but toothless dogs as these isn't instanced pve where you can just boot someone. They would have had more success if they asked politely instead of asserting nonexistent authority. Now maybe if they would pay me I dunno, 100g, I'll consider it, but that's already lowballing it. 😉

A lot of the worst types just play the game in echo chambers, so egos are huge and actual social skills low. The worst will even tell other guilds to get off; I think you're already familiar with those kinds of people.

Heck, once a bigshot guild told a few of us to get off and we made our own squad to take all the people they were yelling at. We did stuff while they were still getting farmed in one location for who knows how long.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

i mean the good guilds farm blobs yet... we got zero need for the extra stats. pugs don't fight too large groups anyways, or cannot. 300 stats help nothing, if u fight with 10 pugs against a 30+ sized group

@Xenesis.6389 guilds normally don't run blobs, thats only the ppt ones. often even opentags only reach a just zergsize, so ~30.. and if u dont get those on a map with queue, but no sight on the map of the 74 players (roughly full map capacity)

then yeah, u got a problem on the map.

far more than guilds crying for ppl to leave map, the pugs left and right cry for help on full EBGs and nobody moves. like, sole players often fail to understand they'd have more content helping out on non-full borders. id why EBG pulls newbies like light pulls moths...

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

i mean the good guilds farm blobs yet... we got zero need for the extra stats. pugs don't fight too large groups anyways, or cannot. 300 stats help nothing, if u fight with 10 pugs against a 30+ sized group

@Xenesis.6389 guilds normally don't run blobs, thats only the ppt ones. often even opentags only reach a just zergsize, so ~30.. and if u dont get those on a map with queue, but no sight on the map of the 74 players (roughly full map capacity)

I mostly see the exact opposite happening. Outside of some occasional GvG i see guilds either PvDooring on their own or stacking with other guilds and pugs in a huge blob, then complaining that nobody wants to "fight" them.

• Like 2

hahaha full maps ?  teams of 30 players ? in my part we don't even remember what you're talking about.

4 months without link. 4 months that I don't see a map in queue. 4 months constantly outnumbered on virtually any map.

it is true that you have to work on eod, it is true that you have someone working on the restructuring of the world, it is true that players ask for balanced classes. but can't we just start by building teams that are equal in number of players? change your algorithm and unite teams to get a rather similar number.

it is still a useful job that you will need even when alliances arrive.

59 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

hahaha full maps ?  teams of 30 players ? in my part we don't even remember what you're talking about.

4 months without link. 4 months that I don't see a map in queue. 4 months constantly outnumbered on virtually any map.

it is true that you have to work on eod, it is true that you have someone working on the restructuring of the world, it is true that players ask for balanced classes. but can't we just start by building teams that are equal in number of players? change your algorithm and unite teams to get a rather similar number.

it is still a useful job that you will need even when alliances arrive.

Whut? Aren't you that [ILL] nightcap commander? Abaddon's Mouth are currently winning the top tier. Link to scores site: http://gw2stats.com/matchups

WvW supposed to be unbalanced. It’s supposed to be unfair. It’s supposed to be a filthy, bloody mess. It’s supposed to be a cluster kitten that no one really understands. It’s supposed to be 5 on 1. It’s supposed to be a hot mess. It’s supposed to crush the souls of the players to incompetent to fight for themselves. It’s supposed to sunder the heavens and unleash chaos into the realm of man. It’s supposed to be the indignant executor of fate’s decree. It’s supposed to be an ungodly slaughter of the weak. It’s supposed to be like walking through the fields of hell, the coals burning the soles of your feet, yet you smile regardless. It’s supposed to be unfair. 
So stop whining, roll your pant legs up, tighten your suspenders, and wade into the bloody lake of fire and die with us, like the good soldier you are. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

WvW supposed to be unbalanced. It’s supposed to be unfair. It’s supposed to be a filthy, bloody mess. It’s supposed to be a cluster kitten that no one really understands. It’s supposed to be 5 on 1. It’s supposed to be a hot mess. It’s supposed to crush the souls of the players to incompetent to fight for themselves. It’s supposed to sunder the heavens and unleash chaos into the realm of man. It’s supposed to be the indignant executor of fate’s decree. It’s supposed to be an ungodly slaughter of the weak. It’s supposed to be like walking through the fields of hell, the coals burning the soles of your feet, yet you smile regardless. It’s supposed to be unfair. 
So stop whining, roll your pant legs up, tighten your suspenders, and wade into the bloody lake of fire and die with us, like the good soldier you are. 

I could believe that if it didn't involve a scoring system, one that dictates placement/ranking of your entire server. But since they built the game upon winning, and on that one condition they opened it to forever be judge by it's balance.

So uh, I'll keep my pants legs down, suspenders off the shoulders, and strut over to the 20v20 instead of the bloody lake of 10v50, like the not dumb solider I am, enjoy your ganking either way.