Please delete earth shield or make it counterplayable.

Ovark.2514

56 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Dont forget to delete core ele too. 🐟

This type of response to any suggested changes to core classes is so narrow-minded. I guess it's too much to remember that the devs have more than 2 braincells to rub together and would not deliberately leave a core class worse off for no good reason. smh 

• Confused 2

Bummer you didn't say "Catalyst OP, delete this carp" - that would have made this thread epic 🙂

If traited the recharge on earth shield skills are reduced by a mere 20% but most eles don't hold onto the shield for the entire conjure duration. Usually its for emergency defense from skill 5 and sometime the pull from 4 to interrupt rezzing then followed by the 3 skill to daze opponents and (get an aura)  then it gets chucked away 

4 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Bummer you didn't say "Catalyst OP, delete this carp" - that would have made this thread epic 🙂

If traited the recharge on earth shield skills are reduced by a mere 20% but most eles don't hold onto the shield for the entire conjure duration. Usually its for emergency defense from skill 5 and sometime the pull from 4 to interrupt rezzing then followed by the 3 skill to daze opponents and (get an aura)  then it gets chucked away 

TBH the daze can deal 6k damage with lightning rod, I wouldn't sleep on that 

46 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

This is one of the few things that makes playing Ele without a sustain amulet possible. 

Anet is determined to force this squishy 11k HP class into melee range, so it needs tools to survive in melee range. 

Expand your mind. Apparently there is no middle ground between nothing and COMPLETELY INVULNERABLE.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

6k damage with 1 skill is alot! Unless you play Warrior, Ranger, Guardian, Thief, Rev, Necro, or Engi! Then you have 5 different skills that hit for 6k or more!

If Ele has 2 skills that hit for 6k, I really hope that gets addressed because thats a clear imbalance compared to every other spec!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

No doubt the daze/leap skill 3 can do that kinda damage on glass LR with 11K HP if core (HP on LR glass weaver is slightly higher from first traitline). It's versatile and I feel it's one of the last bastions of hope eles have to make the class playable, unlike say a scrapper or holo which I play as well. 

I find the earth shield to be far more useful and relevant to the elementalist class than the entire catalyst trait line. When I use it, it's primarily for defense or distraction if I feel I can no longer hold the node with 2-3 on me

The title of the thread is "please DELETE earth shield or make it counterplayable" - in a way, it's rather insulting because:

1. Without fully understanding the mechanics of a build or class I'm never quick to ask for nerfs. I also multi-class for my own benefit of learning counters, strengths and weaknesses of a build.  

2. It's one of the least played classes and it got the very worst end of the stick with slow and subtle nerfs plus the most awful spec in the history of this game.  I usually don't mind trade-offs to counter play the earth shield but right now, it's like squeezing water from the ele. There's not much to trade or to counter, most specifically from core and weaver. 

3. Despite how annoying a build can be, I always find ways, seek advice etc on how to counter them. I almost never come on here to blatantly ask for something to be nerfed.... coz the forum does that automatically, gratis. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

6k damage with 1 skill is alot! Unless you play Warrior, Ranger, Guardian, Thief, Rev, Necro, or Engi! Then you have 5 different skills that hit for 6k or more!

If Ele has 2 skills that hit for 6k, I really hope that gets addressed because thats a clear imbalance compared to every other spec!

so... churning earth is op?

3 hours ago, Rider.6024 said:

I bet the was made a player who runs trapper runes 

I think I ran trapper runes in one match about 3 years ago. The community has been in agreement for years now that those runes need to be removed; so we've just been waiting on the devs to act on it.

Earth shield carrying anything is a problem. Should earth shield be nerfed right now? Probably not, but once other areas are hopefully buffed it will definately need to be toned down in some way. I think its fine for things like lr weaver to use it, but when you have a tanky tempest running it to hold a node you start to see why players dont like to play against it

• Like 1