Is there a dungeon finder yet?

15 minutes ago, xo wayne.6045 said:

Just curious. Something like they have in other games where you can auto que with others rather than rely heavily on a guild?

No since there is no way for the game to know who is the tank or healer.

It is kinda hard to do a auto que finder then.

Just try the public drms or ibs srrikes to see how well such a system would work.

Edit

And why rely heavily on a guild just use the none automated group finder.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

There is a lfg tool with a dungeon tab.
I sometimes see people running dungeons (including stories for new players).
You can also create your own groups. From my experience it takes a few minutes to form a party.

There are no strict roles in GW2, so you won't find something like you see in FF14. But you also don't need a guild to run them. Just use the lfg tool.

Edited by firedragon.8953
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

There's the LFG tool. You won't see many groups listed at once for a lot of things, but in my experience that's partially because most groups fill up quickly. Whenever I want to do a dungeon I post which path I'm doing and something like "everyone welcome" or "I don't know this path, come figure it out with me" and it usually fills up within a few minutes.

As other people have said an automated system that forces you into a group based on the computers criteria wouldn't work in GW2 because we don't have the same sort of strictly defined roles and classes other games do.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Most of the early dungeons are in starter zones, of which you always have a waypoint unlocked (Queensdale (AC), Caledon Forest (TA) and Plains of Ashford (AC)). If one person enters the dungeon, you can enter from anywhere in the map.

Since there's no real need for different roles (you can pretty much bring anything you want to dungeons and still fly through it), there's no need for a dungeon finder like you are explaining - just make a group in LFG. If you decide you want different roles, you can always list them there.

As with any content in this game; just write "beginner friendly", "chill", "new players welcome" etc. if you are just wanting a nice friendly group.

You do not need to rely on a guild to do dungeons, or any content, just make your own groups if there isn't one that fits how you want to play.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, firedragon.8953 said:

There is a lfg tool with a dungeon tab.
I sometimes see people running dungeons (including stories for new players).
You can also create your own groups. From my experience it takes a few minutes to form a party.

The LFG tool works well.

People are too shy about starting a group in it, self included. But when someone lists something in there it tends to fill pretty fast. There are a few exceptions for a couple of things people tend to avoid, but even this will fill in short order as if you need it, there's a high chance a lot of others do as well (Honor of the Waves story for example).

With EoD launch I made 4 new characters - 2 were remakes of old characters on new races. One was to swap having 2 mesmers for instead having 2 warriors, and the last was just because.

I like to have every character on my account able to 'open the door' for any explorable dungeon - even my WvW dedicated character (which was one of my remakes). So I ran all the story modes on 4 new characters and managed to do it very quickly. Finding groups was trivially easy.

I also do fractals all the time, and one of the re-made characters is intended to eventually become my fractal main. So I've run a lot of those recently and again the LFG tool works to make finding groups very easy. Even more so than Dungeons in Fractals there's almost always a crowd of people waiting for someone else to list a group first... so if you list, you tend to find people that didn't seem to be around suddenly joining you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 months later...

Just seems odd in 2022 theirs no dungeon finder. I guess im spoiled coming from swtor. Just a shock that nobody likes doing instance content it seems ive been in sitting here looking for a dungeon runs no bites. All i do is q pvp now because i can just q up and play. Its toxic tho so i have to put up with that i rather pve but hey.

Edited by Xurrik.2690
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Xurrik.2690 said:

Just seems odd in 2022 theirs no dungeon finder. I guess im spoiled coming from swtor. Just a shock that nobody likes doing instance content it seems ive been in sitting here looking for a dungeon runs no bites. All i do is q pvp now because i can just q up and play. Its toxic tho so i have to put up with that i rather pve but hey.

Dungeons are pretty dead, fractals are five player instanced content in GW2. You should try them. 

• Haha 1

I have but so far they are pretty boring no offense lol. Trying to get my level up but taking forver. I heard they get better but have to grind to get that level up. Maybe im just a jerk idk. 

Edited by Xurrik.2690
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Xurrik.2690 said:

When you say you've been sitting here looking for a dungeon run do you mean you've listed a group in LFG and no one has joined? Or you've been waiting for someone else to list one so you can join? Because the first one is much, much more effective than the second.

A lot of people don't like to be the one to start a group for whatever reason, but if someone starts one they normally fill up pretty quickly. Of course if you have precise requirements it will take longer, but presumably you'll get an easier run once they do.

Also bear in mind it's the first day of a festval, so a lot of people will be doing that and there won't be as much activity as normal in other parts of the game.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Xurrik.2690 said:

I have but so far they are pretty boring no offense lol. Trying to get my level up but taking forver. I heard they get better but have to grind to get that level up. Maybe im just a jerk idk. 

The system is very confusing from the outside.

But basically, your fractal level doesn't matter. So long as anyone in the group can start the map, you can play it. Even if it's above your fractal level.

The only thing that matters is whether you have enough agony resistance (otherwise you will basically just die). Which can only be slotted into ascended gear. And that takes a while to farm / quite some gold to craft. 

Fractals are basically more involved dungeons, strikes are more involved fractals (without the gear requirements of fractals).

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

I wish. Life is much easier and relaxing in FFXIV~ easy to find buddies in-game for dungeons and raids.

(Also they're adding more summer swimsuits soon while this game hates summer fun. 😞)

This game needs to accept that it literally created a holy trinity and design a better, smarter LFG and/or queue system that allows organization of each role. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Xurrik.2690 said:

Why does the year matter?

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

They don't like it when you criticise GW2 systems 😛 but coming from other games the lfg system is so primitive. If you want to do the current content (ie fractals) then it is 'fine'.

Some qol like jumping to the map you are on, or rationalising the many many MANY sections... I don't know what is in what patch so that categorisation is bad for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

The thing is that a ____ finder wouldn’t work well in a lot of cases and is redundant. Why is creating a LFG stating “all welcome” a problem?  Depending on the content, most groups fill fairly quickly and a _____ finder wouldn’t really improve that time. It would only remove the need to create the LFG. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

49 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

The thing is that a ____ finder wouldn’t work well in a lot of cases and is redundant. Why is creating a LFG stating “all welcome” a problem?  Depending on the content, most groups fill fairly quickly and a _____ finder wouldn’t really improve that time. It would only remove the need to create the LFG. 

And take away the need to waypoint to the map were the dungeon is I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fragglerock.4965 said:

They don't like it when you criticise GW2 systems 😛 but coming from other games the lfg system is so primitive. If you want to do the current content (ie fractals) then it is 'fine'.

Some qol like jumping to the map you are on, or rationalising the many many MANY sections... I don't know what is in what patch so that categorisation is bad for me.

Compared to Elder Scrolls Online's group finder I much prefer GW2's system for the simple reason that in this game I can choose a group to join rather than being dumped into the first one with a space and penalised if I leave.

In ESO dungeons are dominated by speed runners because once they start rushing through (which they'll do the second they load in) everyone else's choices are reduced to trying to keep up or missing out on quest checkpoints, rewards, and potentially being kicked out before they get in range to loot the final boss.

If you want to do literally anything except speed through it skipping as much as possible you have to form a group another way and the nearest the game comes to offering a way to do that is guild chat. You're stuck either standing in the map spamming chat or spamming your guilds, both of which only reach a fraction of the players in the game (like GW2 ESO's maps can have multiple copies on the same server, and only the people in the same copy as you can see your map chat). Which means I have a much easier time finding a group to do dungeons with in GW2 than I ever have in ESO.

Having both would probably be ok, but I'd never touch the automated system. Replacing the system we have with the game grouping people up automatically with no regard for those players experience, interests or priorities would be the end of me ever doing instanced content in GW2.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Hashberry.4510 said:

Wow type dungeon finder is exactly what we need.

The LFG tool is good enough.

If you can't put in the minimum of using the LFG tool that already exists, you should stick to open world.

This game doesn't have hard-coded roles, so WoW's or FF14's automated systems are not needed.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm confused as to why people are against a automatic party system for dungeons specifically. Aren't dungeons easy enough that they don't require roles?

Having a pvp style queue system for dungeons doesn't seem bad since it's worry free, easy and you'll have an estimated time of how long it'll take to find a party. If the estimated time is too long you can always look at the lfg as an alternative, like dragon response missions.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4