What is currently safe to "learn" or consider maining in PvP

fluxGER.8416

6 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

The only meta guard build is support.

Support, on any class (its the same for tempest, healbreaker, anything), sucks for solo play. If your team are useless, you can't carry using a support build. You need a high damage build that can quickly secure kills and snowball.

And its the same with necro and thief. If your team doesn't move around you or make space on the map for you to get stuff done, then you'll find that there's just nowhere for you to go. If, as a thief, your team is constantly getting steam-rolled in teamfights, then you'll find that the enemy team can easily dedicate 2 duelists/bruisers to prevent you getting any decaps or ever finding a favourable +1. 

To spell it out again, we're talking here about what allows you to carry when playing solo in ranked. Not what is best in an organised tournament team. These are two different things. When playing solo, you need something that can secure kills even if your team sucks, and which can take 1v1s against most opponents. Just like how some classes don't really perform so well in organised tournament teams (eg. Ranger) there are other classes that don't perform so well in solo, while still being great in organised tournament teams. Do try and distinguish these concepts.

Guard is the best solo class.

You outlined nothing that is better than it, and CLAIM that guard has only one meta build.

The reality is guard is just META.

Most of its builds, even wonky custom builds, are viable into platinum even in a hodor's hands.

A DH is way better than players like you are letting on, and it can 1v 1 and secure kills and be difficult to kill.

A carrion support can 1v1 and chase away enemies.

Support guards can turn fights around, even outnumbnered fights.

A burn guard can get players through the lowest shittiest tiers with ease, most people don't know how to condi cleanse.

Guard is the best solo class to climb on as they do/can do great dps, they can even support incidentally when not even built for it, they are sturdy.

Mobility and kills are important if you coordinate, as you already broke down why.

Guard is the best SOLO class, the goat.

Necro would be my second pick, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was tied.

The meta build may change for guard, but there has NEVER been a time when guard didn't have a META build that was solo/duo goat.

Edited by Crab Fear.1624
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, fluxGER.8416 said:

Problem is idk what currently good duelist or sidenoders are.  Can somebody tell me ?

I stopped playing after eod dropped (I just couldn't bear to watch vindicator turn spvp into wvw roaming). But before that, dedicated sidenoders I ran into the most were power ranger (mandatory river drake), condi mirage, condi weaver, str dagger/gs spb (and rarely hammer/gs spb). The wars were maybe due to me always playing war. There was also a trap rune DH from time to time, somewhat more frequent than random bunker sidenode builds.

Since you ask about spb... I would say its a worse sidenoder but its slighly more useful in a team fight than power ranger, condi mesmer and ele. So you can help out your team "better" when the node is secure, but securing the node is harder.

I dunno what a duelist is considered to be in conquest so I cant answer about that.

Edited by Hotride.2187

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

(I just couldn't bear to watch vindicator turn spvp into wvw roaming)

It got nerfed to dust in what... 2 weeks?

Its safe now, you can pop the core Necro back out and sit mid node all day while Engis have Gundam fights on sidenodes.

Edited by Ashgar.3024
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Ashgar.3024 said:

It got nerfed to dust in what... 2 weeks?

Its safe now, you can pop the core Necro back out and sit mid node all day while Engis have Gundam fights on sidenodes.

I play spb in conquest. But from what I'm reading I'll wait for more balance changes.

6 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Guard is the best solo class.

You outlined nothing that is better than it, and CLAIM that guard has only one meta build.

The reality is guard is just META.

Most of its builds, even wonky custom builds, are viable into platinum even in a hodor's hands.

A DH is way better than players like you are letting on, and it can 1v 1 and secure kills and be difficult to kill.

A carrion support can 1v1 and chase away enemies.

Support guards can turn fights around, even outnumbnered fights.

A burn guard can get players through the lowest shittiest tiers with ease, most people don't know how to condi cleanse.

Guard is the best solo class to climb on as they do/can do great dps, they can even support incidentally when not even built for it, they are sturdy.

Mobility and kills are important if you coordinate, as you already broke down why.

Guard is the best SOLO class, the goat.

Necro would be my second pick, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was tied.

The meta build may change for guard, but there has NEVER been a time when guard didn't have a META build that was solo/duo goat.

Necro is amazing for climbing till plat ( people start dodging, ccing you, doing damage and god forbid kite you, they even know how to ctrl+t). The main reason for being good is that the enemy team will also get a necro and most of them are bad, so you can snoball the teamfight, this applies to all roles univerally, but you have larger impact on the game in a teamfight since you have the chance to kill more people, it does have a big chance to backfire tough since 4 people are 4 people and you might have gotten a willbender while they get a support guard.

22 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

rev and thief the safest bet

ranking in terms of meta up time/ being relevant

thief is S+

rev is S

engi is A+

guard/necro is A

the rest doesnt matter.

war is F-

only play war if you want to be meta for 2 months and be completely irrelevant for 3 years after and repeat.

also don't believe anything about thief is not good outside of proper team, not true.

thief easily one of the best carry classes

Dont listen to this, nobody, i repeat, nobody carries as thief above platinum soloqing. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

rev and thief the safest bet

ranking in terms of meta up time/ being relevant

thief is S+

rev is S

engi is A+

guard/necro is A

the rest doesnt matter.

war is F-

only play war if you want to be meta for 2 months and be completely irrelevant for 3 years after and repeat.

also don't believe anything about thief is not good outside of proper team, not true.

thief easily one of the best carry classes.

nope.

this is a lie.

your best bet is guard or necro.

• Like 1

As usual, rev (prev/vindi) thief(scepter) engi(holo) ranger(soulbeast/untamed) and war(bs)  are the only relevant carrying classes. Willbender may have a spot if no bs/prev. Mesm has always its niche due to its unique interrupting mechanic (highest skillceiling).

FA/LR can also works if high skill (but hardcountered by anykind of necros)

Other spec/class have too low burst/mobility or requires too much teamsynergy to fill the "carry" role.

10 hours ago, anjo.6143 said:

Dont listen to this, nobody, i repeat, nobody carries as thief above platinum soloqing. 

Maybe not you, I have played against you and your guild mates both in ranked and unranked

ie. você é ruim cara

15 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

nope.

this is a lie.

your best bet is guard or necro.

15 hours ago, anjo.6143 said:

So, best solo q player out of everyone in this thread post histrorically proven tier list for soloQ.

2 goldies says it is a lie. 🤨

16 hours ago, anjo.6143 said:

Yeah people don't seem to realize for Thief to shine they need decent teamates.

Thief plays off their teamates. No teamates = thief just running around trying to make something happen off nothing = 0 value.

The only reason it can "carry" in low/mid gold is the fact most of the player stuck there literally ignore the sidenodes and play 0 mobility high sustain builds en masse, so you can just run laps around them as a Thief and decap to win lol.

As soon as you start vsing competent duelists and other roamers you need to play off your team to get anything done as you won't dislodge the duelist from their node on your own and pushing into him will just get you +1'd by the enemy roamer.

Edited by Ashgar.3024

12 minutes ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

So, best solo q player out of everyone in this thread post histrorically proven tier list for soloQ.

2 goldies says it is a lie. 🤨

They ain't the best. 

And, it is a lie.

Guard and necro are best solo classes.

Why a bronzo making beef?

Edited by Crab Fear.1624

On 4/2/2022 at 10:35 AM, fluxGER.8416 said:

Hello, I spent the last 2 month playing PvP everyday with a different class. What is the general opinion on which professions atm are worth the time to learn and perfectionist in ? Some insight of some of the better players is highly appreciated , cuz its driving me nuts 🙂 

cheers !

Thief. Never going to not be meta defining.

On 4/2/2022 at 4:52 PM, Bazsi.2734 said:

The safest thing to do is to keep playing PvP on a different class every day. What you've been doing so far. Maining something just narrows your perspective and makes you a more biased player is general.

Not really.

You should multiclass every single class and build, especially the meta ones, become at least decent at them.

But aftet that you gotta choose a main to really go deep and master.

Real good players like boyce have 2-3 mains who can play effectively at top tier.

But the average player should focus on only 1 max 2 and get the max experience out of it.

As I said it's important to play every single at a decent level to understand the mechanics when you will face them at enemy, but then it's advised to stick to a main and perfect it.

Otherwise you will be just ok at everything, but good at nothing. You can't pass plat2 in few words.

Play everything and get a feel for it. Then pick a main. 

I've found specs that I enjoyed on every class except warrior, but then I don't enjoy warrior anyway. And honestly, just play for fun. Yesterday I played a GS Power Virt exclusively just to stealth burst people running away. Did I lose games? Yes. Did I have tons of fun? Hell yes. 

Guys pls dont hate on me:C This Thread is fueled with negativity:D

Personally speaking....  ALL PERSONAL opinion! not saying its the best or that you can carry with this or bla bla bla.

I REALLY love Fireweaver.  Fireweaver is considered a good sidenoder since a long time and it will probably be a good sidenoder for the remainder of this game. The Build from Metabattle.com works pretty well.

+if you really MAIN Elementalist you can feel yourself getting better with every match kinda. Class requires alot of feel and flow to be played at a good level and the more you play it, the more you start to feel it. I play Fireweaver since 2 years almost and i am improving EVERYDAY.

I am currently Plat2 in EU with Fireweaver only.

Edited by Sahne.6950

On 4/2/2022 at 6:55 PM, fluxGER.8416 said:

I certainly dont wanna be in the top 100. BUT I want a class that doestn rely much on the RNG that the nature of random ranked matches give me . For example playing a core Necro, yeah its Meta and nice but it relys on a team that knows wtf is going on. Spellbreaker could be a strong "soloq" class 🙂

Than is mutliclassing the way, you look what your team has and the enemy team and choose the class/build that you need. Learning how to know what you should pick, comes with the experience with what class you where effective against these comps, etc... 

But this takes a lot of time, classes that will be mostly usable:" Revenant, Ranger, Warrior, necro, thief" thief is the only class that fells hard off in ranked when you have a second thief in your team, good players can win with that but the majority gets nothing done. 

I personally play mostly with core Ranger, soulbeast or core warrior. I bring sometimes druid, spb, berserker, core thief, daredevil, and reaper to the table, but these are more "ah I need to swap class because I may get an advantage with that in here".

If you are good on a class and know what's going on than you can play what ever you want to. 

But keep in mind, classes are not carrying directly (outside of scourge meta). Knowing the terrain, including "no port spots", kiting areas and shortcuts. Beeing aware when you have to engage and disengage (normally when you are outnumbered or you loose a teammate in a teamfight (which is getting outnumbered)), keeping the respawns of the enemy in your mind, they might push far with 2 respawns while you are in a 1vs1 on far and the rest of your team is holding mid and pushing close to help out. 

Have always an eye on the minimap and on some maps on the timer, objectives are, outside of Dschinn and legacy of foefire, a way to get the advantage on the point and maplead but they also can kill your game, by overcommiting. 

Also worth mentioning here, when you are playing on maps like legacy of the foefire or collosuem, you should consider playing thief, if your team hasn't one and the enemy team neither. Holding the far node on decap is super easy in this maps, which will allow you to outnumber the enemys way more often capping a node takes double the time from decapping). 

I hope this is helping a bit, there is a lot more stuff but it's way more specific.