Interesting quote from dev about the June balance patch

Levetty.1279

The summer professions update on June 28 will also expand access to sharable 5-target Might and Fury in incremental amounts among more traditionally 'DPS' roles. I've said before that no profession or build should be completely selfish, and mean it!

Not sure I agree with how they are going to handle might and fury sharing but I wonder how this will apply to Virtuoso.

• Like 2

Anet: Virtuoso can now maintain permanent fury uptime for it's group.  Because of this added utility, we're dropping it's DPS by about 25% across the board.

Mell: Virtuoso has been MASSIVELY improved by this change you all need to stop being so negative.

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 26

My first thought was that they would update something like Dueling Trait Master Fencer to be a 5 target Fury.  This way it hits all the DPS builds for Mesmer.  If they wanted to just hit Virtuoso, the potential nerf to its DPS could be changing Bloodsong by removing the 25% Damage to Bleeding increase and adding 5 target Might stacks instead.

I'm just not sure if the intent is to have one 'DPS player providing 100% uptime alone, or to have two, three or four all helping keep it up.  It sounds like they want more players sharing the same boons but ultimately it's just shifting numbers around for the most part, perhaps even the next step in adding to power creep in the game.

From a builds perspective, I doubt it changes much that we are already doing with any Mesmer eSpec.

I assume Chronomancer will get reworked into giving less Alacrity, but being able to keep 25 Might and Fury on a party along with Quickness and being better at healing.

If they could adapt Mirage so it can also give Alacrity using a power build. Maybe with Greatsword ambush skill ?

And Virtuoso would be the pure DPS elite.

Nice another pve focused patch that will ruin pvp. Also i like how boonshare will "just happen, no need to worry about it" no brain needed guys. God forbit you need some skill to play this game and time your fury/ might share for specific burst moments xD Anet really wants to turn all player into apes with their no brain needed balance moves... when you think this game can't become easier, Anet will deliver.

Edited by Pretty Sirius.2374
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

I don’t get this attitude either. Has the Niveau for the balance of this game dropped really this low? Instead of different classes can do different things, it all now boils down to the animation of the skill? What’s the difference between a alacrity spirit ranger support and a alacrity mechanist support beside one is a kitten mech and the other is a kitten spirit? Instead of comparing the classes by their unique ability’s and how they fit to different situations they go further in the direction of this kitten PvE singularity style with 100% boon uptime: class ABC can do X dps, Y boon rip, Z condi remove and is therefore better then class DEF. Why has everything to be a singularity? It’s like you are not playing a necro on a bunker build anymore, you are now playing a bunker on a necro build, if you get what I mean. 

And to make it even more ridiculous, they just delete or smither boon every trait, skill and mechanic in PvP/WvW so that you are literally left with only one single option to take. And the only time you really have to decide between traits is because the traits in that row are so irrelevant that it kitten doesn’t matter which trait you take at all here.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

I assume Chronomancer will get reworked into giving less Alacrity, but being able to keep 25 Might and Fury on a party along with Quickness and being better at healing.

If they could adapt Mirage so it can also give Alacrity using a power build. Maybe with Greatsword ambush skill ?

And Virtuoso would be the pure DPS elite.

Chrono change will be nice if they do. 

For mirage, they should move alacrity to gm trait so all mirage ambushes can consume.

In this concept, you cant get alac in underwater content. For example, my suggestion is changing dune cloak into alac trait. If you want to dps, take infinite horizon. For support, dune cloak, why not? So even scepter can be used after all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Might as well just get rid of boons and have the effects on by default if they want classes to hand it out like candy for 100% uptime anyways...

Anet: Boonballing in wvw is so fine that we want to make it now just happen by accident with you not even trying. Because that is what wvw players want right. 

Doesn't really make much sense that they want to make boons be so baseline that all fights I guess and all balancing will be around boons being active 100% of the time. They won't look at base stats, they will look at base stats plus fury and 25 might.  Wonder how this all effects solo play in the end. Is it so wrong with them just keeping Virtuso a great damage dealer that has not much support but extremely high burst? Chronomancer should be the games best Alac/Quickness spec by far. Make classes more diverse. 

• Like 2

lmao. The whole idea behind removing unique buffs is to prevent having 3 classes dominate the whole gamemode (2017 chrono druid anyone?), meanwhile gw2 forums: "I WANT one class to dominate the gamemode and I WANT IT TO BE MY MAIN CLASS" xd

Edited by rune.9572
  • Like 6
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, rune.9572 said:

lmao. The whole idea behind removing unique buffs is to prevent having 3 classes dominate the whole gamemode (2017 chrono druid anyone?), meanwhile gw2 forums: "I WANT one class to dominate the gamemode and I WANT IT TO BE MY MAIN CLASS" xd

Who are you responding to?

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Anet: Boonballing in wvw is so fine that we want to make it now just happen by accident with you not even trying. Because that is what wvw players want right. 

Doesn't really make much sense that they want to make boons be so baseline that all fights I guess and all balancing will be around boons being active 100% of the time. They won't look at base stats, they will look at base stats plus fury and 25 might.  Wonder how this all effects solo play in the end. Is it so wrong with them just keeping Virtuso a great damage dealer that has not much support but extremely high burst? Chronomancer should be the games best Alac/Quickness spec by far. Make classes more diverse. 

There s a massive disparity in damage output between good players and causal players. A large part of that comes from the boons. So they either have to remove some boons and adjust baseline stats, or make boons more passively accessible.

Otherwise we'll continue to be in this weird space where casuals find hard content to be impossibly difficult, while good players are simultaneously looking at that same hard content and thinking it's too easy.

I do agree it puts might and fury in a wierd spot though. At least going off stack will be less punishing if more people are providing at least part of their own boons.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Arewn.2368 said:

There s a massive disparity in damage output between good players and causal players. A large part of that comes from the boons. So they either have to remove some boons and adjust baseline stats, or make boons more passively accessible.

Otherwise we'll continue to be in this weird space where casuals find hard content to be impossibly difficult, while good players are simultaneously looking at that same hard content and thinking it's too easy.

I do agree it puts might and fury in a wierd spot though. At least going off stack will be less punishing if more people are providing at least part of their own boons.

Ya know, there's this simple solution to as you put it, Casual (in this case you mean bad) players having difficulties in an MMO game... get one person to help them do whatever they are doing. Its funny how the game being harder actually promotes group play, but Anet wants to put Boons on ez mode difficulty, removing another group aspect? And then in that case, that means those players, as you put it, finding it too easy would mean it'd be even easier. Which again, is only a bad thing. 

Its like they want their cake and eat it too, they want to keep DE a hard meta, but also make the rest of the game a cakewalk that doesn't prepare you for it. 

Edited by Gorem.8104

On 4/17/2022 at 2:24 PM, mortrialus.3062 said:

Anet: Virtuoso can now maintain permanent fury uptime for it's group.  Because of this added utility, we're dropping it's DPS by about 25% across the board.

Mell: Virtuoso has been MASSIVELY improved by this change you all need to stop being so negative.

But Virtuoso can already has fury uptime on itself, the only think it is missing is might. I think most people build for might uptime. 

I bet we will see a condi nerf to bring it inline with other Mesmer specs. If anything this change buffs Inspiration Virtuoso instead of dps ones. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Ya know, there's this simple solution to as you put it, Casual (in this case you mean bad) players having difficulties in an MMO game... get one person to help them do whatever they are doing. Its funny how the game being harder actually promotes group play, but Anet wants to put Boons on ez mode difficulty, removing another group aspect? And then in that case, that means those players, as you put it, finding it too easy would mean it'd be even easier. Which again, is only a bad thing. 

Its like they want their cake and eat it too, they want to keep DE a hard meta, but also make the rest of the game a cakewalk that doesn't prepare you for it. 

"Just carry the bads" isn't a great answer. And might/fury is just two boons. It doesn't make boons categorically "easy mode". 

I am in favor of adding more hard content and increasing the over all difficulty of the game. 

But the massive performance disparity needs to be addressed from both a player-skill perspective and a game design/balance perspective. They should reward player skill with higher damage, but the difference shouldn't be this cavernous.

Standardization of boon application and increased group access to certain boons doesnt even make the game "easier" in the first place. It just makes ot more accessible to new players.

Edited by Arewn.2368

On 4/18/2022 at 8:02 AM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Might as well just get rid of boons and have the effects on by default if they want classes to hand it out like candy for 100% uptime anyways...

Might and fury were always 100% uptime in pve. Currently we are in a weird spot where some, mostly power builds, have no access to aoe might while condi builds can spread them for free.

Scourges, harbingers, renegade, staff mirage for example.

On 4/17/2022 at 5:07 PM, Pretty Sirius.2374 said:

Nice another pve focused patch that will ruin pvp. Also i like how boonshare will "just happen, no need to worry about it" no brain needed guys. God forbit you need some skill to play this game and time your fury/ might share for specific burst moments xD Anet really wants to turn all player into apes with their no brain needed balance moves... when you think this game can't become easier, Anet will deliver.

I dont comment on pvp balance and you shouldnt comment on pve. The game never worked like that. Pve is not pvp. "fury/might share for specific burst moments".  The specific burst moment is usually the entire fight duration in pve because you dps for the entire duration.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Might and fury were always 100% uptime in pve. Currently we are in a weird spot where some, mostly power builds, have no access to aoe might while condi builds can spread them for free.

Scourges, harbingers, renegade, staff mirage for example.

Well to be fair condi builds benifit hugely from Might which is why stuff like condi staff Mirage is so strong.

If might didn't benefit them so much I bet they would be pure supports and not a DPS spec. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Well to be fair condi builds benifit hugely from Might which is why stuff like condi staff Mirage is so strong.

If might didn't benefit them so much I bet they would be pure supports and not a DPS spec. 

I dont really get this. Might is huge for power builds aswell. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

I dont really get this. Might is huge for power builds aswell. 

Condi stat defaults to 0, so the absolute 750 from Might is a more significant chunk of total condi stat than it is for a power. 1600>2350 is a 46,9% bump, compared to 2800>3550, a 26,8% bump.

On 4/20/2022 at 12:29 PM, Dadnir.5038 said:

I'm betting on bountiful desillusionment giving it's boons to 5 allies on shatter (obviously not the stability... It would be stepping on the blessed child and we can't have that).

Or share or extent boons. I would love this so much.

I don't see Virtuoso giving out Might as long as we got Staff Mirage. However, the middle trait line could easily provide Fury to allies. I really like the idea of a "Effect X on stocking 5 blades" trait. This could work for Fury. It does require reworking the middle traits, of course.

On 4/20/2022 at 5:29 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

I'm betting on bountiful desillusionment giving it's boons to 5 allies on shatter (obviously not the stability... It would be stepping on the blessed child and we can't have that).

lol

lmoa

It already used to do this and they took it away.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bountiful_Disillusionment/history