Cheese Vindicator build (win by not dying)

hypehype.9047

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmhAYFlZSHsTyhlSNMU6hpSfsSKgl8TW0F-zRQYfwSYnRmqgelCacA-e

this is for wvw/pvp(use Avatar Amulet)

TLDR

you get vigor with your staff 1, doge roll + evade and any legend skill you use (if you pick up the orbs), and endurance from your weapon swap, Retribution line fills your endurance 25% faster..

you have great healing + 3 heal skills and you can stack heal boon

you have stability from 3 legends, aways use them, dont wait to get stun.

you have great condi clear (from your weapons) + jalis heal +tree song

you have a block skill on both weapons to buy time

you have 2 evades on alliance (use red first then blue to get space) and one on staff

just rotate so you always fill up your endurance and throw the enemy off game.

Edited by hypehype.9047

3 minutes ago, JunkJunk.8971 said:

So you bore them to death🤣

anyone that plays rev in pvp or wvw knows you are always the1st target as rev is seen as an easy kill, this build flips the role,

trust me and try it, you will have fun not looking at the respawn screen every 20 seconds.

Why even take Soldier's or Cleric's gear?  You might as well just double down on being a support and take Minstrel's for the way increased boon duration and better healing.  You're not doing any real damage as it is with the power from Soldier's.  If the point is to be tanky you might as well double down into it instead of half-assing it.  Either that or pick up a tanky condi set up instead that can actually inflict decent damage while still being tanky. 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, hypehype.9047 said:

you have 2 evades on alliance (use red first then blue to get space) and one on staff

Why you want space? You run a pure mele build, with barely any ranged pressure. Weakness is a problem since the whole plan relies on being able to evade oftenly, as so is fighting ranged roamers (probably most of them, actually).

The only Vindi I saw in WvW beating my (Willbender) kitten after long, long strifes did run greatswords + swords, and HAD damage. How do you kill foes with no crit chance and no ferocity in a strike build? I appreciate your effort but lack faith in it. All bunker roamers I found in WvW with succesful builds had damage in another way or other: either constant apply of pressure or burst.

6 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Why you want space? You run a pure mele build, with barely any ranged pressure. Weakness is a problem since the whole plan relies on being able to evade oftenly, as so is fighting ranged roamers (probably most of them, actually).

The only Vindi I saw in WvW beating my (Willbender) kitten after long, long strifes did run greatswords + swords, and HAD damage. How do you kill foes with no crit chance and no ferocity in a strike build? I appreciate your effort but lack faith in it. All bunker roamers I found in WvW with succesful builds had damage in another way or other: either constant apply of pressure or burst.

well depends on the strategy.  I can bunker for as long as possible until allies come and finish the person off or waste enemy time. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Why even take Soldier's or Cleric's gear?  You might as well just double down on being a support and take Minstrel's for the way increased boon duration and better healing.  You're not doing any real damage as it is with the power from Soldier's.  If the point is to be tanky you might as well double down into it instead of half-assing it.  Either that or pick up a tanky condi set up instead that can actually inflict decent damage while still being tanky. 

cleric has more healing power than misntrell, altough zealots should be more than enough for damage pressure  decent crit % and some support.

Iinvocation line will help the precision might and fury gains if needed.

IMO Rev doesnt need boon durantion unless u really need that boon duration and vitality one  also need to make damage, note that the more boons u have the eeasier is to kill with the right class targeting boon user.

@hypehype.9047 that works for enemies that dont know how to interrup a leaping Vindicator (unless Anet already adressed the leap duration).

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

You know you could go Celestial Renegade and be tough AND powerful. IMO pure bunker isn't great in WvW since no amount of defence will stop a zerg from rolling over you, and 1v1 eventually becomes 1vX.

Even on small scale only fully  bunkers will fail to get the kill, condi bunkers to hight DPS roles  will get it the only diference is the TTK.

in potato colliding nobody wins lol.... 

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

cleric has more healing power than misntrell, altough zealots should be more than enough for damage pressure  decent crit % and some support.

Iinvocation line will help the precision might and fury gains if needed.

IMO Rev doesnt need boon durantion unless u really need that boon duration and vitality one  also need to make damage, note that the more boons u have the eeasier is to kill with the right class targeting boon user.

@hypehype.9047 that works for enemies that dont know how to interrup a leaping Vindicator (unless Anet already adressed the leap duration).

Did you actually look at OP’s build or what they very clearly stated they want to accomplish?  It’s literally half soldiers and half clerics which is not ideal for anything.  OP wants to be “tanky” and “contribute,” but neither of those stat sets are going to accomplish that.  Zealot’s is certainly not going to accomplish what OP has stated they want either.  OP needs to decide if they want to do decent power damage with some slightly bulkier stats (soldiers/clerics ain’t it), be condi damage/tanky, or be tanky/support. Just building for “tanky” alone isn’t enough. It’s just a waste of space do nothing build tbh

also hard disagree on boon duration.  Minstrel’s is tankier than Cleric even with slightly less Healing Power and the added boon duration means the boon uptimes will be near perfect 

Bunk vindi is actually going to see quite a bit of top tier play in tomorrow's mat because treesong lets it be the only sidenoder that doesn't get completely blown up by harbinger and it can still stalemate the other sidenodes. Its a very specific strength among many weaknesses but treesong almost single handedly makes vindi meta viable atm.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

51 minutes ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Bunk vindi is actually going to see quite a bit of top tier play in tomorrow's mat because treesong lets it be the only sidenoder that doesn't get completely blown up by harbinger and it can still stalemate the other sidenodes. 

So Vindi is going to be popular due counters a spec which isn't even meta in the MATs...  

2 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Bunk vindi is actually going to see quite a bit of top tier play in tomorrow's mat because treesong lets it be the only sidenoder that doesn't get completely blown up by harbinger and it can still stalemate the other sidenodes. Its a very specific strength among many weaknesses but treesong almost single handedly makes vindi meta viable atm.

This is one of the reasons why Treesong needs to remain as it is. Otherwise there's hardly anyway to survive anything as Revenant with all the condi spam that was introduced in EoD. It actually can side node pretty well now.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

So did you learn anything from watching the MAT today? The meta has changed a lot since last month.

Yes:

*   Willbender (and aparently Untamed) are the new main providers of damage, delivering huge amounts of them while having sustain and very good mobility.

*   That removes Revenant from high end PvP. Herald is still our best +1 spec, but is not very meaningful at "large" teamfights. Renegade is good at dealing damage and surviving but too easy to by skills that null projectiles, which leaves you dealing no damage. Vindicator is easy to focus, for all the team utility it brings (not that much, seeing otherprofessions) the survability AND mobility are low.

So that's is: want a mele fighter with pressence in PvP? Run a Willbender. By the way today Hizen also published a video actualizing his OW PvE builds, which puts Vindicator on shame. I would stop running it in PvE if I hadn't done it two weeks ago.

Vindi is garbage guys, spred the word.

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Buran.3796 said:

Yes:

*   Willbender (and aparently Untamed) are the new main providers of damage, delivering huge amounts of them while having sustain and very good mobility.

*   That removes Revenant from high end PvP. Herald is still our best +1 spec, but is not very meaningful at "large" teamfights. Renegade is good at dealing damage and surviving but too easy to by skills that null projectiles, which leaves you dealing no damage. Vindicator is easy to focus, for all the team utility it brings (not that much, seeing otherprofessions) the survability AND mobility are low.

So that's is: want a mele fighter with pressence in PvP? Run a Willbender. By the way today Hizen also published a video actualizing his OW PvE builds, which puts Vindicator on shame. I would stop running it in PvE if I hadn't done it two weeks ago.

Vindi is garbage guys, spred the word.

Never mind basically every competitive team across both regions running harbinger you know "a spec which isn't even meta in the MATs"

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Never mind basically every competitive team across both regions running harbinger you know "a spec which isn't even meta in the MATs"

Oh, for sure there was a lot of Harbingers (one of the teams had 3 of them), which to me was unexpected, I apologize for that.

But  were was the "top tier gameplay" by bunk Vindi you talked off? Rank 55 didn't even run a Rev in the final...  Naru was very specific  talking about it: if you don't run WB + Untamed and your team dps just sinks...

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2022 at 12:45 PM, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

You know you could go Celestial Renegade and be tough AND powerful. IMO pure bunker isn't great in WvW since no amount of defence will stop a zerg from rolling over you, and 1v1 eventually becomes 1vX.

Actually with stamina sigils you can get away with some absolutely ridiculous 1-X action provided that you are tagging enemies that your squad is mopping up behind you while you distract the enemy Zerg.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 9:27 AM, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Called it long ago while everyone else was busy calling wb a trash. Lol

TBF, anyone who has been following Anet's development habits and has an IQ above a potted plant should have seen that coming.😉

The gap will only widen with the summer balance patch.