EoD mastery points annoying

So doing achievements, which require you to play the game, isn't playing the game?   Having to do something that you don't want to do doesn't mean that that thing isn't playing the game.  There are already enough passive systems in the game.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The full list of all the End of Dragons Mastery Points

Go through the list and choose 26 to skip. That will get you all the MPs you'll need. To assist you, click on any of the items under Achievement columns, and it'll take you to the relevant pages with walkthroughs.

If OP is unwilling to use Wiki, there's an alternative. Just filter the Achievements in the Hero panel to just show EoD MPs still available. Just choose what is still available to fill all the masteries. More than enough easy ones to finish all categories.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Oh lord…. I take it no one read @Junkpile.7439 ‘s signature….

Kudos..  Upon first reading it I would have said troll score 3/10, but considering how many fishies you caught, have to redo the score to 9/10.

👏

To be fair, signatures doesn’t show when you use forum with phones. The bait is quite good though I must admit 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

How do you run out of them? Lots leftover after completing every single mastery achievements.

Lots of players detests jumping puzzles or too intricated achievments.

I avoid races, jumping puzzles, or things like longer scanveger hutings, thats why i run out of points.

If a xpac have too much masteries behind jumping puzlles, i consider it "mastery dry". that's the same problem of op.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

21 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

To this day i still haven't maxed out two of my tyria masteries because they are so hard to get.

There are 34 MPs leftover from Central Tyria, 54 from HoT, 20 from PoF, 13 from IBS and 26 from EoD.

No, I haven't completed all the extras. Although some are a bit challenging, I didn't think it was that hard to finish all the masteries. Quite a few within the Story Journals are very easy to get, that we usually skip through the first time. I'd  suggest taking a look at the MP still available to you and see which are easy to do. I managed to knock off a few when doing the Return episodes, although I didn't need them anymore.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

This tread was very informative. I was able to go to my character achivement and pick/choose/track some matery points that I needed for some masteries and I was able to get them with ease.

However, I still think people should not have to google stuff to get these mastery points. 

Talking to 6 kids in a city or catching some ravens with springer or getting some silly book/documents in places/quests/missions I have already been with no indication it was something important.  

Seriously, if something on the map (document, npc, mob, etc)  is master point related put a mastery point related symbols on it. Its not game breaking.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Granrey.8920 said:

This tread was very informative. I was able to go to my character achivement and pick/choose/track some matery points that I needed for some masteries and I was able to get them with ease.

However, I still think people should not have to google stuff to get these mastery points. 

Talking to 6 kids in a city or catching some ravens with springer or getting some silly book/documents in places/quests/missions I have already been with no indication it was something important.  

Seriously, if something on the map (document, npc, mob, etc)  is master point related put a mastery point related symbols on it. Its not game breaking.

How hand holdy do you need this game to get mate?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

How hand holdy do you need this game to get mate?

Have you seen ads for a "game" named "Top War"? The ads make it look like a fun RTS like game. It's not really a game but it does an excellent job of pretending. What is relevant here is that most things can be accomplished with a click. Sometimes it fails but all you have to do is just make some other number go up first. Some people in this thread would probably be much happier with that "game" ... well except for aggressive monetization.

• Confused 1

On 5/1/2022 at 4:17 AM, Dante.1508 said:

To this day i still haven't maxed out two of my tyria masteries because they are so hard to get.

Seems reasonable to me that some of the mastery points require more deliberate gameplay.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Granrey.8920 said:

just put a mastery symbol on the npc, item etc.  Is that game breaking?

They’ve already done this starting with pof. With the ones they felt could have an icon to show it. And how do you expect them to mark all the achievement mastery points different? From collections, instances and story? How much more easy would that be then the system they already have in place? You can sort achievements by mastery points. That way you get a list instead of having to manually search the maps or whatever to find them. Imagine the clutter as well when you need like 12 things to get it. 

• Confused 1

My problem with masteries isn't specific to EoD, it's with how bad the mastery system has gotten and how they keep having to make up mostly useless things to pad it out. Not everything is useless in it but there is a lot of padding in it. IMHO masteries should be things that enrich the game as a whole, things that make chasing mastery points worth it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tekoneiric.6817 said:

My problem with masteries isn't specific to EoD, it's with how bad the mastery system has gotten and how they keep having to make up mostly useless things to pad it out. Not everything is useless in it but there is a lot of padding in it. IMHO masteries should be things that enrich the game as a whole, things that make chasing mastery points worth it.

I agree with this whole heartedly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Freya.9075 said:

They’ve already done this starting with pof. With the ones they felt could have an icon to show it. And how do you expect them to mark all the achievement mastery points different? From collections, instances and story? How much more easy would that be then the system they already have in place? You can sort achievements by mastery points. That way you get a list instead of having to manually search the maps or whatever to find them. Imagine the clutter as well when you need like 12 things to get it. 

If you have to go trough the list of achivement is already a fail.  All they need to do is put a symbol or make something distinctive like a color that tells the player, this is important and not just cludder.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 5/1/2022 at 2:52 PM, Silent.6137 said:

There are 34 MPs leftover from Central Tyria, 54 from HoT, 20 from PoF, 13 from IBS and 26 from EoD.

No, I haven't completed all the extras. Although some are a bit challenging, I didn't think it was that hard to finish all the masteries. Quite a few within the Story Journals are very easy to get, that we usually skip through the first time. I'd  suggest taking a look at the MP still available to you and see which are easy to do. I managed to knock off a few when doing the Return episodes, although I didn't need them anymore.

I have most are horrid jump puzzles or skyscale like fetch quests..

1 hour ago, Tekoneiric.6817 said:

I agree.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Have 27 or so. Need 20 for the turtle - once I unlock it. (Waiting until the strike requirement gets dropped or until I am in the mood to try the strike and look for a group - while doing more important stuff until then.)

First I also though they were more tight ... like the Icebrood ones. Now it seems they are more like PoF maybe. (Not like HoT ... that one had a lot more.) The thing though is that you need to to certain stuff. If avoiding strikes ... then you should do all the Arborstone stuff. Some lengthy collections but it sums up to a decent amount of additional points.

I still have a few from event in Echovald left which I did not get yet though. Kinda only did the major stuff on most maps that was easy. (Events require waiting for the event to pop up.)

So for me atm it felt like this:

HoT: Tons of points still left after maxing everything and they were all easy to get
PoF: Good amount left after maxing everything and they were all easy do get
EoD: Good amount left once I will have maxed everything. Bit more troublesome to get than the PoF ones.

Icebrood: Pretty tight and not that many left. And they were hard to get.

For Tyria I can't say for sure how it feels. Since I had played from release until end of 2013. Came back in June 2019. And when unlocking the mastery system the first time I had a lot of Tyria stuff from older achievements I had done. (I know for completely new players it might require some grind and collections at one or another place if they want to get them quickly while usually avoiding core maps. There are a lot though. And I have a lot left over. I think more than PoF less than HoT though.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Haha 1

On 4/30/2022 at 1:56 PM, Junkpile.7439 said:

Finally i did find motivation do strike mission and i got turtle. Now notice that i need like 14 mastery points more and seems like most of remaining points are annoying to get. Why i can't get points just by playing game? So annoying that most of achievements are these wiki achievements. I could play these new maps like 1k hours without getting any points. 🤦‍♂️

So I finally decided to go to the store to get things I like and to my shock I was asked to PAY for items! Disgusting! No matter how much time I spend simply walking around the store, the staff still won't let me have anything for free! I find this shallow and pedantic!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1