Why does Anet hate Elementalist?

FatFarmer.9425

I am convinced that Anet devs cannot name a single piece of GW2 content where Elementalist is currently the best at doing anything.

Literally the only niche where it was "the best" at doing a small tiny thing in the game was in WvW by using Fire Staff 5 to do ranged damage to an enemy zerg. And Anet just nerfed the hell out of it.

It seems that Anet is determined to make Elementalist players give up on their class and play something else. I've been playing Ele since launch and it really does feel like choosing Ele is just playing GW2 on hard mode for no benefit. When I switch to my other classes I can play my rotations with half the speed and usually live longer while doing it.

Edited by FatFarmer.9425
  • Like 17
  • Confused 1

Why? Yes is the only reasonable answer. Anet has gone comply out of there way to deprived the ele class effects that they given out to other classes at the same time nerfed skills that only do "one thing" (mostly dmg) as if they are also doing hard cc.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Speedrunning guilds (Kormir) are currently stacking Catalysts onto one party because the group quickness baked into the spec is enough to keep it up with 3 of them.

Honestly, even that feels a bit like a failure of design. It's basically the "stack DPS mesmers with Time Warp" or "stack DPS guardians with Feel My Wrath" principle again: when you can get sufficient quickness to get you through a phase by stacking DPS roles with a single quickness skill, that's going to come at a smaller DPS loss than having a dedicated quickness provider.

You'll note that both of those prior examples were nerfed in the end so that they're no longer viable. That will probably happen to Catalyst as well. Problem is, having access to at least 33% quickness uptime (and higher with alacrity) is pretty much baked into Catalyst, so the only realistic options they have for removing this team setup is to substantially reduce the base uptime, move quickness into requiring traits to access, or reduce the damage and pigeonhole catalyst into the boon support role.

Pure DPS chronos, firebrands, and harbingers exist because you can swap the quickness stuff out for skills and traits that boost your DPS, but catalyst just doesn't have that option.

8 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Speedrunning guilds (Kormir) are currently stacking Catalysts onto one party because the group quickness baked into the spec is enough to keep it up with 3 of them.

Shhhh, can we not let anet in on things that actually work well about ele? Everytime we get something good they take it away. So let's keep the good stuff quiet.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 2:17 AM, draxynnic.3719 said:

Honestly, even that feels a bit like a failure of design. It's basically the "stack DPS mesmers with Time Warp" or "stack DPS guardians with Feel My Wrath" principle again: when you can get sufficient quickness to get you through a phase by stacking DPS roles with a single quickness skill, that's going to come at a smaller DPS loss than having a dedicated quickness provider.

You'll note that both of those prior examples were nerfed in the end so that they're no longer viable. That will probably happen to Catalyst as well. Problem is, having access to at least 33% quickness uptime (and higher with alacrity) is pretty much baked into Catalyst, so the only realistic options they have for removing this team setup is to substantially reduce the base uptime, move quickness into requiring traits to access, or reduce the damage and pigeonhole catalyst into the boon support role.

Pure DPS chronos, firebrands, and harbingers exist because you can swap the quickness stuff out for skills and traits that boost your DPS, but catalyst just doesn't have that option.

Which is why I am confused they didn't swap the Fury and Quickness component for the air sphere. Hopefully the larger plans in the June patch has a solution for this because you are correct.

8 hours ago, Vinteros Asteano.1209 said:

Which is why I am confused they didn't swap the Fury and Quickness component for the air sphere. Hopefully the larger plans in the June patch has a solution for this because you are correct.

Yeah, there's a few changes I'd probably make to the boons granted by the spheres if I had my way. For instance, I'd probably swap Resolution and Resistance - Resolution on water is pretty niche (certainly in PvE), and the swap would give earth sphere a pretty solid theme of "reduce incoming damage" while water's theme would be "slip out of whatever's coming your way".

• Like 2

Because anet hates skill. Simple and obvious :
Just look at the things ele, theif and core engi have to do pull off to have the same dps as a autoatacking revenant or a lobotimized soulbeast. not to even mention the states of necro and guardian.

Edited by vardeleanu.8972
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, vardeleanu.8972 said:

Because anet hates skill. Simple and obvious :
Just look at the things ele, theif and core engi have to do pull off to have the same dps as a autoatacking revenant or a lobotimized soulbeast. not to even mention the states of necro and guardian.

Engie has mech now for their 1111 rotation. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

I love when people is so mad and disconnected from reality that they unironically think that "Anet hates X".

If a person act in such a way they DO hate something but that dose not mean the person them self knows it. Some times you as some one else out side of anet or a group need to point this out to get the "inside the group" to see this. This is normal human group think. Kind of why do "I" think the way or act the way "I" do when some one points out my action or writings (thoughts).

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

If a person act in such a way they DO hate something but that dose not mean the person them self knows it. Some times you as some one else out side of anet or a group need to point this out to get the "inside the group" to see this. This is normal human group think. Kind of why do "I" think the way or act the way "I" do when some one points out my action or writings (thoughts).

If a person doesn't meet your expectations and/or have different opinions than yours it doesn't mean they hate you.

• Like 2

Ele is a complicated class because it has 20(20+with weaver)skills. It honestly takes a big brain to play ele perfectly and a bigger brain to balance it correctly. However because of the lack of attention required to properly balance we get 1/2 @ssed attempts that just end up killing the class in general 

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Ele is a complicated class because it has 20(20+with weaver)skills. It honestly takes a big brain to play ele perfectly and a bigger brain to balance it correctly. However because of the lack of attention required to properly balance we get 1/2 @ssed attempts that just end up killing the class in general 

Ele is not complicated because it has 20+ skills. It's complicated and requires high skill level because IT'S LOCKED OUT of 15+ skills at all time. It's the inaccessible skills in non-attuned attunements that makes Ele hard.

You're on Fire for DPS. Wanna CC? It's locked behind Air. Okay, swapped to Air for CC. Now you're locked out of Fire for 10s and your DPS suffers.

Oops, didn't dodge right and you take a 10k hit. On Necro, you can simply wait for healer to heal. On Ele, you have 1k HP left, you better swap to water to heal. Now you're locked out of your DPS attunement for 10s and your DPS suffers.

Again, people need to stop thinking of the 20 skills as an advantage. Being locked out of 15 skills is a liability and a big disadvantage. Ele will forever be nerfed into oblivion if people keep thinking the 20  skills is an advantage. *It is not.*

Edited by Sunshine.5014
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6

16 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Please.......firebrand has 20 skills+ and look where it stands compared to ele, all other professions on average have 15 skills + utilities, ele is kitten because the design itself is kitten and that got nothing to do with having 20 skill .

Just take a look at the following for comparison :

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor_of_Earth

VS

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/"Stand_Your_Ground!"

And this is just one of many examples, this is why ele is kitten! It's designed to be kitten and they want it to stay there!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

If a person doesn't meet your expectations and/or have different opinions than yours it doesn't mean they hate you.

Tell me more about your theory please....No....they really don't hate the class:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Smite_Condition

VS

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Fire

Look how they love the class...

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Tell me more about your theory please....No....they really don't hate the class:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Smite_Condition

VS

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Fire

Look how they love the class...

Sure buddy they hate their own created class, they are on the verge to remove it. Or whatever your mind is up to.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1