What will EoD be remembered for?

9 hours ago, Yunnadel.8296 said:

I mean personally, I can sum up each of the xpac/LW in a word, few words or a phrase, like;

LW2: A day in the life of a confused salad

HoT: AB (Octovine), glider, AB, bauble farm when bored and had nothing better to do, AB, fk TD map design, wait did I mention AB?

LW3: Em berries for Ascend trinkets (and 16 days of Dragonis Mons hell hole if you are into Aurora)

PoF: Mounts

LW4: Skyscale

IBS: Strikes and/or CC table

But almost 3 months in, and still I cannot find the "EoD in a nutshell" myself...

Marjory's marriage is kinda good for her, and that's it.

You-know-what meta will spark some weird rage in the community (anyone is still doing it tho?)

Jade bot is kinda gimmicky and 99% of the time I forgot I have it.

Turtle, I used it like 3 times and don't even have hotkey setup.

Fishing? personally not for me,.... (but good for y'all those love it)

The closest one in my mind now might be "An xpac with bling af Legy weapons those kinda all look the same", but still inconclusive.

What's EoD for you guys?

You do know it's EoD that added strikes right...

IBS added Dragon Response Missions lol

• Confused 26

4 minutes ago, Larvath.9760 said:

No, IBS added strikes from the beginning. Icebrood construct, then next episodes brought Kodan bosses, the other Icebrood construct fight, boneskinner and a few others. Dragon Response Missions were added much later. EoTN even has a portal and vendor specifically for strike missions. Even Wintersday got a strike mission before EoD

EoD merely continued adding more strikes to the game

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

i can think about few options that can describe EOD:
option 1: The jade bot was a good idea. But the character bound nature of it ruined it. 
Option 2: There isn't really much to do if you don't plan to make a gen 3 legendary weapon.

Story wise: "We must kill the remaining dragon. No other options are accepted!" 

(and now for the silly option)
EOD: The completionists nightmare  
( "oh, so you like to complete the expansion tab achievements. It may be a shame if we add strike CM achievements that require failing mechanics and impossible to complete legendary collections in that section." )

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Just now, Larvath.9760 said:

IBS has 7 strikes.

As for the question. Pretty sure the strikes will be very positively remembered by a certain part of the community.

Also I'm pretty sure the legendary weapons and variations will be viewed positively long term. It's a pretty nice system of cheaper / faster than previous ones but with the option to become significantly longer and more expensive if you wish it to. I really like where that is going. Giving you more smaller objectives is good.

ANet having more rewards to hand out without a huge amount of development time is good for better, more developed content! 

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

Research notes, the worst part by far of the expension. It functions as a value destroyer for arbitrarely chosen items. Not to mention every official nerf AND stealth, un-announced nerf on everything the playerbase use to craft it.
This kitten only purpose is to, on the long run, increase gold sale w/ gems.

Edited by Taclism.2406
  • Like 13
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Erise.5614 said:

IBS has 7 strikes.

As for the question. Pretty sure the strikes will be very positively remembered by a certain part of the community.

Also I'm pretty sure the legendary weapons and variations will be viewed positively long term. It's a pretty nice system of cheaper / faster than previous ones but with the option to become significantly longer and more expensive if you wish it to. I really like where that is going. Giving you more smaller objectives is good.

ANet having more rewards to hand out without a huge amount of development time is good for better, more developed content! 

Nah, let they have their time and glory.

Even ending the post with "lol" without knowing what the kitten they are talking about.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

No, IBS added strikes from the beginning. Icebrood construct, then next episodes brought Kodan bosses, the other Icebrood construct fight, boneskinner and a few others. Dragon Response Missions were added much later. EoTN even has a portal and vendor specifically for strike missions. Even Wintersday got a strike mission before EoD

EoD merely continued adding more strikes to the game

Shhhhhhhh.....

S/he knows for a fact and even asked me "You do know it's EoD that added strikes right..." 😆

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

I like that design. Much nicer for exploration not having crazy agro range enemies constantly chasing you.

I must admit, that since the introduction of the skyscale, the usual enemies at the ground are indeed superflous. You fly over them and don't even notice them. So yes, maybe that's the future in a game with skyscale: Enemies only with events.

• Haha 1

Fishing isn’t really a problem. But what they have done - like so many other aspects - is prioritise complexity over fun. The basic mechanics are fine and tying it to mastery is fine, but then adding in different baits for diff fish in diff locations and fishing power was not necessary. Go somewhere, throw your line, get fish. That is all. Nothing else needed adding to it. But they can’t leave well alone and instead over indulge their love of complexity.

I still love fishing and am really happy they added it, but I can accept it’s overcooked (pun intended)

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Yunnadel.8296 said:

I mean personally, I can sum up each of the xpac/LW in a word, few words or a phrase, like;

LW2: A day in the life of a confused salad

HoT: AB (Octovine), glider, AB, bauble farm when bored and had nothing better to do, AB, fk TD map design, wait did I mention AB?

LW3: Em berries for Ascend trinkets (and 16 days of Dragonis Mons hell hole if you are into Aurora)

PoF: Mounts

LW4: Skyscale

IBS: Strikes and/or CC table

I'm noticing a theme here. Other than your LW2 summary, the rest are things that still impact play to this day.

And I'm not sure we even have that from EoD yet. It's possible over time they will expand and tweak the jade bot, or go back and add better rewards to EoD metas, or tweak the new especs to the point that a LW chapter or next expansion later, they will still be something people focus on. They're not there yet, though, so we don't know.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Fishing isn’t really a problem. But what they have done - like so many other aspects - is prioritise complexity over fun. The basic mechanics are fine and tying it to mastery is fine, but then adding in different baits for diff fish in diff locations and fishing power was not necessary. Go somewhere, throw your line, get fish. That is all. Nothing else needed adding to it. But they can’t leave well alone and instead over indulge their love of complexity.

I still love fishing and am really happy they added it, but I can accept it’s overcooked (pun intended)

YES and please dont let me start talking about RNG... One of my specialize collection (Gravity iirc) took like 2 hours... just for a darn exotic fish.

30 minutes ago, Yunnadel.8296 said:

YES and please dont let me start talking about RNG... One of my specialize collection (Gravity iirc) took like 2 hours... just for a darn exotic fish.

RNG I have in essence no problem with. It’s just when it is overtuned. I’ve only fished for fun so far so can’t comment on its balance here, but it works for fishing in other games

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

For me EoD initiated another long period of not playing GW2.  My third since the game got released.  I was so underwhelmed by the features they pre-showed us, that my hype level was down to zero. Then Lost Ark released at the same time, and I was pleasantly surprised by that game (not better then GW2, just very different) so I have been playing that fanatically up until 3 weeks ago. 

And now, after reading peoples opinions and threads about EoD my expectations have gone below zero, and I actually dread starting up the game again, having to slog through uninteresting Mastery lines, unlock zones that seem to be devoid of NPC hustle and bustle and Adventures, and having to do that terribly uninspired Fishing mini-game. What I have seen of the first zone certainly did not wow me either when it comes to Beauty.  

I might try to start again with the LW1 story but I prefer to do that once all the episodes are there. So I guess I am on a MMO hiatus for now, which is ok. 🙂  Oh, and I am eagerly awaiting the announcement of the next Xpac features (a year or so from now is my guess) of which I am convinced, HOUSING, will be a part of!!!  When that happens, my love for GW2 will be rekindled, and I will be willing to slog through the MMO-pablum that is EoD. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 2