Harbinger survivability problem and solution

Harbinger is a pretty good class but its main problem is survivability. 

Apart from the elite, which only lasts a few seconds, harbingers are sitting ducks. 

This lack of survivability steams from the fact harbingers are ranged damage dealers and therefore just die when in melee range. 

There was the same problem with deadeye and Arenanet made it work by giving them "special survivability tools". 

I would therefore advocate a similar solution for harbingers with something like 1.2 k auto attacks and stealth on dodge.

I feel this would bring harbingers more in line with the current dominating specs such as core engineers and spellbreakers. 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 21
  • Confused 7

3 hours ago, Classic Perception.2507 said:

Apart from the elite, which only lasts a few seconds, harbingers are sitting ducks. 

This lack of survivability steams from the fact harbingers are ranged damage dealers and therefore just die when in melee range. 

There was the same problem with deadeye and Arenanet made it work by giving them "special survivability tools". 

I would therefore advocate a similar solution for harbingers with something like 1.2 k auto attacks and stealth on dodge.

I feel this would bring harbingers more in line with the current dominating specs such as core engineers and spellbreakers. 

at first i was like: TAKE THE BIGGEST "CONFUSE" ever!!!... but then i just lol´d.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

you know you can play staff and drop half a dozen aoes on your self making it impossible/near impossible to melee

deadeye has the lowest max health in the game. i do agree it has less sustain than some professions but the metabattle build has quite alot of sustain.

I got a good laugh out of this. 🙂 

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Confused 3

59 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

8 minutes ago, Infinity.2876 said:

This is the kind of people that plays this game mode, cant even spot the most obvious joke.

If I was anet I would ignore this subforum full of crayon eaters too

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, lotus.5672 said:

This is the kind of people that plays this game mode, cant even spot the most obvious joke.

huh? i think you completly missunderstood what i was saying...

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sahne.6950 said:

huh? i think you completly missunderstood what i was saying... but hey whatcha gonna do about it. 😃

He could get on his FB and hunt you down and use the scepter AA but that's irrelavent....

5 minutes ago, lotus.5672 said:

yes I can spot a joke I was just posting just in case he was actually serious.

would you like it if someone laughed at your perfectly serious thread?

• Confused 1

Just now, Infinity.2876 said:

yes I can spot a joke I was just posting just in case he was actually serious.

would you like it if someone laughed at your perfectly serious thread?

he said that core Engie is dominating.... a trollpost cant be any more obvious:D

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

also this is what i found on the metabattle pistol curses build if anyone is interested (yes this may be a troll post so everybody can chill)

I'd like you all to note that most other builds have not gotten as much good reviews

Acezelpyer gave this build 5 stars • May 2022
High damage, decent defense and your sheer presence makes others fear you. If you get popping off your target is going to fold fast, and that's the name of your game. Sheer overwhelming force. Remember your shroud here doesn't cover your HP so you're taking all that damage to your face.

Hanz gave this build 5 stars • March 2022
Excellent damage, good mobility, okay sustain. One of the strongest builds of the new expansion. Harbinger is even squishier than the other nec specs so might take some time to adjust for some, but the damage makes up for it. Brings the usual necro things to the table, not much else to say.

MaxWolfe gave this build 5 stars • March 2022
Great build with good pressure and survivability if played well. Virtually unbeatable if you have no condition cures. I play this as Pistol/Dagger, Scepter/Focus and it works well. I'm currently running Blood Magic instead of SR which might be worth a shot if you are struggling with sustain. Give it a go!

Primeauxvera gave this build 5 stars • March 2022
The fun part about this build, is that it can be overwhelming to your opponent to fight if you play it aggressively. Good crowd controls, if you utilize the utilities correctly you can be very mobile. High damage, carrion amulet is a great choice since harbinger doesn't have a second HP bar. I recommend this to anybody, especially if you're used to playing support classes. This is the glassy spec you need, to break you out of that defensive support class mentality, and into the world of dps. Overall it's a good option for anyone to pick up. 🙂
Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

GENIUS. Im such a shallow proletariat but this is genius as are some of the comments to nerf support warriors and ele. LOLOLOL

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Classic Perception.2507 said:

"Same problem with Deadeye" lol. Harbinger can stay on a point and spam their skill while surround by his aoe when deadeye need to stealth and can't hold a point. No wonder why one is meta and not the other

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Metaologist.2487 said:

Amber Heard. Is that you?

Pls don't involve Amber Heard in this thread. She's suffered enough as a "victim" and such a generous person for "donating" $7M to two charities. LOL

#teamJackSparrowForever #FUDisney&WB

Edited by greedywholesome.9081
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Classic Perception.2507 said:

Eh?

You might be doing something wrong with your play style there.

Harbinger actually has strong sustain, especially considering how much DPS it pumps.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Confused 2

this thread is so funny. sure i understand the confused emoji the OP got despite the blatant contradiction of the last 2 sentences. 

what's making me lololololol right now are the 2 purple emojis he got. hahahahahaha.

sorry im terrible coz...what if some outsourced intern or apprentice takes this thread seriously and applies OPs requests. most likely won't happen but you'll never know. excuse the lack of capitalization. in a boring lunch meeting.