Toxic Alliance in Kessex Hills - Down State

4 hours ago, alphafert.6730 said:

You would think if so many like the feature that event would occasionally be completed. I cut through there often & typically don't do that event unless I see a few low levels struggling with it. 

I actually do these events every time I see one while mapping Kessex. I enjoy the events, I love getting to use my random finishers, and the reward of a bonus node is nice. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The toxic alliance events hardly ever get done and people here are asking for the same mechanics tacked to everything.. You think EoD and hot is empty these days just see how empty everything is if they add these mechanics to everything..

Don't ask for mechanics that drive away customers please.

• Confused 5

8 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

The toxic alliance events hardly ever get done and people here are asking for the same mechanics tacked to everything.. You think EoD and hot is empty these days just see how empty everything is if they add these mechanics to everything..

Don't ask for mechanics that drive away customers please.

This is simply inaccurate, they were one of the most farmed events in the game for many years because you could farm them in a squad then sell all the Pristine Toxic Spores (or use them to craft food for raids, etc.).

Its just now the market crashed the last few years on everything (not just spores), greatly reducing open-world farming especially on low-level maps after Drizzlewood came along and provided the same material income.

The devs can't keep content profitable forever, Some would say getting like 75% of the game's lifetime worth of farmability out of something is pretty good for an MMO.

People not doing them now has nothing to do with either the mechanics or the profit, its just because they're group events and like all other group events they only happen when a significant (usually 3+) number of players show up.

I'm with others in favor of all intelligent enemies requiring finishers. I've never seen one player complain about the bonus chest in Auric Basin after the meta.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

This is simply inaccurate, they were one of the most farmed events in the game for many years because you could farm them in a squad then sell all the Pristine Toxic Spores (or use them to craft food for raids, etc.).

Its just now the market crashed the last few years on everything (not just spores), greatly reducing open-world farming especially on low-level maps after Drizzlewood came along and provided the same material income.

The devs can't keep content profitable forever, Some would say getting like 75% of the game's lifetime worth of farmability out of something is pretty good for an MMO.

I run past these events on my maps every time and its never touched, you see that occasional new lowbie attempt it and get slaughtered and you must try to ress them but no its an event that was overtooled for the zones and people moved past and onwards..

I never see them get completed out side of dailies, they sit there doing nothing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, alphafert.6730 said:

You would think if so many like the feature that event would occasionally be completed. I cut through there often & typically don't do that event unless I see a few low levels struggling with it. 

It's a higher-difficulty challenge in a low-level zone.. It's also easy to fail: there's also a hard clock on the Toxic offshoot events; unlike many other events of this type, it may actually be hard to complete if you show up when there's only 30-50% of the timer left — especially since the triangular split of the allied NPCs means a lot of builds can't carry multiple "lanes" solo. plus, like, the whole hallucination mechanic probably does scare some people off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, ASP.8093 said:

It's a higher-difficulty challenge in a low-level zone.. It's also easy to fail: there's also a hard clock on the Toxic offshoot events; unlike many other events of this type, it may actually be hard to complete if you show up when there's only 30-50% of the timer left — especially since the triangular split of the allied NPCs means a lot of builds can't carry multiple "lanes" solo. plus, like, the whole hallucination mechanic probably does scare some people off.

I would say the champ and legendary bandits, along with the bloodstone legendary creatures that also pop in some of the lower level zones are just as, if not harder.  

Not that all of them don’t need a tweak or two…. 

As someone who doesn't wvw much unless I have to go for a GoB, I love any and all excuses to use whatever finisher I have set for my characters. Keep the down state, and honestly I'd like to see it implemented more in early maps. As others bring up, it's a good intro to stomping if any of these new players intend on getting into the pvp content and it's just kinda satisfying. Gotta love summoning a giant jungle wurm to eat a downed Toxic courtier.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

I would say the champ and legendary bandits, along with the bloodstone legendary creatures that also pop in some of the lower level zones are just as, if not harder.  

Not that all of them don’t need a tweak or two…. 

They're hard in an unfair way (confusing abilities that one-shot you — if you're fighting them in a group it's rather hard to see what's up so most people resign themselves to just dying over and over, if you're fighting them individually they focus you real hard so even if you play well you might die from sheer attrition unless you have a legit boss-killer build) whereas the Toxic Alliance stuff is hard in a fair way imo.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, ASP.8093 said:

They're hard in an unfair way (confusing abilities that one-shot you — if you're fighting them in a group it's rather hard to see what's up so most people resign themselves to just dying over and over, if you're fighting them individually they focus you real hard so even if you play well you might die from sheer attrition unless you have a legit boss-killer build) whereas the Toxic Alliance stuff is hard in a fair way imo.

I think we generally agree then.  🙂

If any ‘hard’ content were removed I would agree more with the leg bandits over the toxic events.  

• Like 2

The Blood Crazed creatures are just poorly thought out. Fighting them without counter magic  means you will take a lot more damage but those creatures spawn in areas where you shouldn't be expecting them to have the Counter Magic mastery.

Edited by Khisanth.2948
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Downed state is just dumb full stop, just remove it completely and increase base player HP to compensate.

It's a stupid mini-game with mostly pointless skills (that you can't change) that you're forced to play after losing. The whole concept of downed state is dumb.

It's probably a good part of the reason why the PVP format failed so hard in this game. 

Just get rid of it entirely.

Edited by scerevisiae.1972
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I think new players would be more confused by this new type of enemies that appear out of nowhere, or why is there a giant metal trash in the middle of the lake

Not a mechanic that have red pop up telling which key to hit, and when they see it once they will know what it does

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Like 1