Warrior Changes.

DanAlcedo.3281

Just going to come and say it: A SHITE sandwich. As expected.

The only oasis is in this desert of shite sandwiches is the slight spellbreaker buffs and Empower Allies, that's nice.

So first off. You barely touched harbinger and willbender. THAT IS AN AUTOMATIC F. (and no, the F does not stand for fantastic) Second, banners. Congratulations on finally killing off warrior in raids. Their entire reason for existence, that is the unique banner buffs. Not that the raid crowd even cares, they'll just use something else like a more boon-heavy class. But please ignore that for a second.

Moving on, 1s pulsing boon for each banner is NOTHING. A drop in the bucket. That's not enough considering the price of using them in terms of clunky mechanics, traits and utilities. On top of that, there's no substantial mechanical changes to banners at all, you're still picking up and dropping them as always. And as if that wasn't bad enough, you have the nerve to put a delay?! ("The delay before you can pick up a dropped banner has been increased from 1 second to 3 seconds") . Again, not that warriors in competitive actually use these things. Put it this way, if warriors in competitive modes were never all that interested in banners even with unique buffs, there's NOT A SNOWBALL'S CHANCE they'll use them for boons, they'll just use shouts instead.

Third, the Tactics line and warhorn. You not only increase the cooldown of warhorn, but you also rework Martial Cadence to take away the reduced recharge! So, how do we get the reduced recharge now? All for mere 2 seconds of quickness on a 20 second cooldown?..

Fourth, THANK YOU for kicking berzerker while it's down. (" Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.5 to 0.35 in WvW only") Appreciate that!

Fifth, Arms. Fury...5%...whatever...

Sixth, no I will not play bladesworn or buy this expansion. I see what's being done here. I'm being implicitly told "go play bladesworn...do it...!" Bladesworn gets the goodies at the expense of this class. No sorry. You will not get my money.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

How much do you get paid to try to convince people they're not having fun because they're playing their class wrong, Obtena?

None ... but I would love to get paid to convince people they should pay attention to the intention of things that exist in the game if they want to lobby Anet in a meaningful way to change it. But sure, people can continue to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. OK 😆

But don't get me wrong here. Not everything here is great. I'm looking at those Banner changes and thinking HUMMMM. Just not sure what's in store there. I have a feeling we didn't get told the Quickness duration on banners because ... it's probably crap?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

None ... but I would love to get paid to convince people they should pay attention to the intent of the game if they want to lobby Anet in a meaningful way to change it. But sure, people can continue to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. OK 😆

But don't get me wrong here. Not everything here is great. I'm looking at those Banner changes and thinking HUMMMM. Just not sure what's in store there. I have a feeling we didn't get told the Quickness duration on banners because ... it's probably crap?

We know the intent just fine, we just hate it. You seem to have a problem with that simple fact.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

None ... but I would love to get paid to convince people they should pay attention to the intention of things that exist in the game if they want to lobby Anet in a meaningful way to change it.

Godspeed Obtena~

*shrug*

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

We know the intent just fine, we just hate it. You seem to have a problem with that simple fact.

If you know the intent, you should be making suggestions around it. I don't have a problem with you hating it at all because I know how you feel about it won't affect the game or what I think anyways. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Banner rework ? Where’s the rework ? 

More like a rollback to its previous state of dropping it, and optionally being able to carry it.

This, minus the unique boon effect that made warriors needed, and minus the clunky funny little pointless kit that came while carrying the banner.

I was hoping for something mobile, interactive, like Herald’s facet, having the banner stuck on our back with pulsings boons with activation options that could grant quickness with traits but nha… just… some generic atrocities. Drop this and done, like it was already.

The usual when expecting something for warriors. Thanks, but no thanks Anet. I hated banners before, and you managed to make me hate them more.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Moving on, 1s pulsing boon for each banner is NOTHING. A drop in the bucket. That's not enough considering the price of using them in terms of clunky mechanics, traits and utilities.

I will laugh so hard if quickness wars somehow end up using rune of the firebrand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Banner changes are a joke. They just slapped some boons on them and called it a day. Can hardly even call this a rework.

I also find it mind-boggling that they could create a quickness build for warrior and STILL not change the arms GM trait "Dual Wield".

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

There isn't an echo chamber here. I recognized Explosives were under used on BsW even though they were intended to be a meaningful mechanic for players to interact wtih. Wow, look at that ... so did Anet. 

#recognizingintent

Don't be mad, just recognize how things work around here. 

Ooooooh...she used a hashtag y'all! BAM. Just CRUSHING that meta-think.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Well, no, it actually has lots of meaning to people that want to contribute to improving the game. 

I recognized explosives were not interactive, so did Anet. It's important these examples are demonstrated to show people they can make a difference if they recognize the intentions Anet has for the game. 

You can't know for sure if ANet did that because you wrote it here. It could be simply coincidence and ANet didn't read anything here. I am sure there are plenty of people who suggested something that made it into the game as a change regardless if it was coincidence or not. Since we don't know for sure, your argument is based on guessing.

Edited by cryorion.9532
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

i'm sure you, mr. who-can't-even-play-the-class-properly, understand warrior and pvp more then me.

Yeah, it's funny that way isn't it ... people that rack up 1000's of hours on a class ... think they know so much ... still can't see the developer's perspective. 

I come in, immediately see how explosions aren't working on BsW after playing it for a while ... BANG ... Anet comes in and changes it. 🤷‍♂️Yeah, I'm SOOO arrogant because I understand how things work. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, cryorion.9532 said:

You can't know for sure if ANet did that because you wrote it here. It could be simply coincidence and ANet didn't read anything here. I am sure there are plenty of people who suggested something that made it into the game as a change regardless if it was coincidence or not. Why make it such a big deal?

I never claimed they did it because I wrote it. My point is that I saw that issue because I'm thinking about the intent of the design and if other people did that too, their feedback would be more meaningful as well. In otherwords, if you think about the intent of the design when making suggestions, you're at least going in the right direction. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

I never claimed they did it because I wrote it. My point is that I saw that issue because I'm thinking about the intent of the design. 

I think many people here know what is wrong with the profession and what needs to be done to improve it. Yes, some suggesstions are over the top, but some are 100% reasonable and meaningful. If Anet doesn't add those changes, does that mean people who suggested it are disconnected with Anet's vision? Or could it mean simply that Anet is incompetent and don't see what players see/don't bother reading feedback/suggesstions? We can't know for sure.

Just now, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Your pivoting and focus on intent (as if it matters to us since we know it already) falls on deaf ears. We warriors look towards this confounded thing called...(let me think)....RESULTS.

Oh we got results ... well, someone who sees the intent did anyways. 😁

• Haha 1

Ok some of you guys are still way too generous with these changes.

The only buffs are for bladesworn, including a new probably useful utility skill, amazing. The other "positive changes" are hardly worth mentioning.

PvE perspective:

- 5 % criticial chance in arms

- you lost the additional 50 stats from the banners (including precision) with no compensation. So you need around 7,2 % crit chance on top on a dps build. So you either have to take accuracy sigill with thief runes or more assassin gear with eagle rune.

- the quickness on warhorn is quite bad. 4 seconds with 100% boon duration on a 20 second cooldown (16 with alac). Thats like nothing.

- There are no mentions how long the banners will be active. 60 seconds? Longer, shorter? How often do the boons proc? Every second, every 3?

- You cant pick them all up quickly by pressing F. Thats a step back to how it was BEFORE the old rework. Dude why? When will the quickness apply? Once when the warrior casts them? So like every 60 seconds? Or will it apply again if you pick them up and put them down again? (unlikely, because other players can now pick them up again, too).

- Empower allies is now kind of worthless, but you got no better alternative anyway.

- You still have no access to protection nor stability. Your elite banner got nuked for the boons the other banners now provide.

- THE BANNER TRAIT IS STILL IN DISCIPLINE????

- No buffs to condi zerker. Quickness support is unplayable as condi, the damage loss is far too great.

- To even remotely get high quickness uptime means you need a lot of diviner. And in case some of you forgot: diviner has very low precision stats. So for every piece you change, you would need to find a compensation. AND YOU CAN ONLY CHANGE YOUR GEAR. No sigills, no rune. These are alrdy needed for crit chance.

This is just a giant slap to every warrior who is NOT playing bladesworn. And even this one will suffer a bit from these changes.

5 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Oh we got results ... well, someone who sees the intent did anyways. 😁

No offense but instead of boosting your ego because a change you proposed somewhat made it into the game. If you think you see "the intent" in ANETS balance philosophy, then you might want to hit yourself with some cold water in the face to wake up. 

This is not helping how awful these changes are. The intent of the banner changes makes no sense. Its a step backwards. I dont need to understand stuff that makes no sense.

Edited by anbujackson.9564

Just now, cryorion.9532 said:

I think many people here know what is wrong with the profession and what needs to be done to improve it. Yes, some suggesstions are over the top, but some are 100% reasonable and meaningful. If Anet doesn't add those changes, does that mean people who suggested it are disconnected with Anet's vision? Or could it mean simply that Anet is incompetent and don't see what players see/don't bother reading feedback/suggesstions? We can't know for sure.

You still don't get it. The measure here isn't reasonable or meaningful. I mean, we have seen Anet make changes that are NEITHER of these things. If people aren't going to recognize what direction Anet is trying to take the game, being reasonable or meaningful don't matter. Anet does things in the game because they have reasons, regardless of the quality of those reasons. That means there is intent behind what they do. No one is going simply state Anet's intent is wrong so they change it. The most relevant reason to change something is that it doesn't realize the intention of the design ... like how Explosions on BsW were not interactive, even though we had a whole weapon forced on us that are loaded with them. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

No offense but instead of boosting your ego because a change you proposed somewhat made it into the game. If you think you see "the intent" in ANETS balance philosophy, then you might want to hit yourself with some cold water in the face to wake up. 

This is not helping how awful these changes are.

I don't think you read my post ... 

1. I didn't claim Anet read my suggestion. I am claiming that if you recognize the intent, your ideas are more aligned with the reasons Anet does things. 

2. The Overcharge skills is so far ... the ONLY thing I like about this patch. 

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't think you read my post ... 

1. I didn't claim Anet read my suggestion. I am claiming that if you recognize the intent, your ideas are more aligned with the reasons Anet does things. 

2. The Overcharge skills is so far ... the ONLY thing I like about this patch. 

Yeah sure..

Could we stop with the useless braggering now and instead focus on the notes?

• Like 2