Warrior Changes.

DanAlcedo.3281

Warrior

Warhorn

• Charge: This skill no longer grants allies increased damage on their next two attacks. Instead, they grant 2 seconds of quickness to allies. Cooldown increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds. Swiftness duration increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds.

Banners

• Banners no longer provide attribute bonuses to allies. Instead, quickness is granted to allies in the area when the warrior uses the banner skill, and then the banner will continue to pulse boons to nearby allies for the remainder of its duration. Each banner provides a different boon, as follows:
    • Banner of Defense: Resistance for 1 second
    • Banner of Discipline: Fury for 1 second
    • Banner of Strength: Might for 5 seconds
    • Banner of Tactics: Regeneration for 1 second
  • Picking up a banner no longer reduces the recharge time of the skill. Instead, they can be carried around and dropped to reposition them. Picking up a banner does not grant the warrior additional skills, but they will continue to pulse their associated boons when picked up. The delay before you can pick up a dropped banner has been increased from 1 second to 3 seconds.
  • All Banners (except Battle Standard): Recharge time reduced from 80 seconds to 60 seconds.
  • Battle Standard: Recharge time reduced from 180 seconds to 120 seconds. Reduced base duration of pulsing boons applied by this banner as follows:
    • Might: Reduced from 10 seconds to 5 seconds.
    • Fury: Reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second.
    • Swiftness: Reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second.
  • Doubled Standards: This trait now increases the duration of all boons applied by banners by 50%.

Longbow

• Scorched Earth: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.5 to 0.35 in WvW only.
  • Fan of Fire: Increased power coefficient per strike from 0.39 to 0.44 in PvP and WvW.
  • Arcing Arrow: Increased ammunition count from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW.
  • Pin Down: Reduced cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Utility

• Frenzy: Reduced cooldown from 45 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Elite Skills

• Signet of Rage: Clarified in the description that the passive adrenaline gain only applies in combat.

Arms

• Furious Burst: Now also increases the critical chance from Fury by 5%.

Tactics

• Vigorous Shouts: Increased healing attribute scaling from 1.2 to 1.32 in WvW only. Increased healing attribute scaling from 0.75 to 1.0 in PvP only.

Spellbreaker

• Breaching Strike: Increased power coefficient from 0.9 to 1.2 in PvP and WvW.
  • Aura Slicer: Increased power coefficient from 1.2 to 1.32 in PvP and WvW.
  • Bladestorm: Increased power coefficient per strike from 0.235 to 0.28 in PvP and WvW.
  • Featherfoot Grace: Reduced cooldown from 45 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Bladesworn

• Electric Fence: This skill now blocks projectiles in addition to its other effects.
  • Bulletproof Barrier: This skill has been removed and replaced by Overcharged Cartridges.
  • Overcharged Cartridges: Using this skill makes your next five Explosion attacks deal 15% more damage. Using the skill again while you still have charges triggers Detonate Cartridges.
  • Detonate Cartridges: Using Overcharged Cartridges a second time consumes all remaining charges to cause an explosion in front of the bladesworn that launches enemies. The radius of this skill scales based on the number of charges consumed.
  • Dragonspike Mine: Reduced the distance moved by 66%. Reduced the total duration of the skill by 33%. The mine is now planted at the bladesworn's initial location rather than midway through the skill, and it explodes after 3 seconds even when not triggered. This skill now counts as an Explosion skill. Damage increased by 250% in PvE only. Cooldown reduced from 35 seconds to 20 seconds in PvE only.
  • Dragon Slash—Reach: Increased projectile size by 67%. This skill now strikes targets more accurately in relation to the width and height of the visual projectile. The projectile is now unblockable.
  • Tactical Reload: In addition to its previous effects, this skill now also causes the next Dragon Trigger used to gain charges more quickly.
  • Daring Dragon: In addition to its previous effects, this trait also causes Tactical Reload to affect Dragon Trigger for the duration of the effect instead of just affecting the next Dragon Trigger.
  • Lush Forest: Fixed an issue the prevented several skills from having their cooldowns properly reduced by this trait.

Tactics

• Empower Allies: This trait has been reworked. It now grants might to allies while in combat, applying 5 stacks of might with a 10-second duration on a 10-second interval.
  • Martial Cadence: This trait no longer reduces the recharge on weapon skills. It now causes Soldier's Focus to grant allies 3 seconds of quickness in addition to its other effects.
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Not gonna lie.

Disapointment is the word i would use here.

• Banners needs testing. Looks kinda meh.
  • Another WvW Build nerfed.
  • Extra 5% critchance in a place that doesnt matter.
  • Martial Cadence nerfed for the new effect.
  • Of course we gonna buff Bladesworn 😒.
  • 300s CD Traits still ingame.

• Like 9

Banners dont seem as good as they were, so I wonder if Warrior are even a good option in PvE anymore. However, Bladesworn changes are good. Gunsaber still isnt good, I would've liked some buffs to it, but the buffs Bladesworn *did* get help to make the class feel more cohesive and more fun to play. Oh and Spellbreaker buffs is nice I guess.

I am a bit afraid that support warrior will be simply worse than other supports now (how shocking, who would have expected that). If new Martial Cadence competes with Phalanx Strength and Vigorous Shouts, that means warrior can't really do both healing and boon support. Since support war has to pick Tactics now, the damage hit will be significant. Together with boon stats gear, damage will be non-existent and there is no way warrior can compete with e.g. Firebrand (which of course did not get any significant and meaningul nerfs to its overpowered kit... disgusting).
I am not sure about these changes, they feel lackluster, maybe except Bladesworn. Nice Spellbreaker PvE buffs, btw.

I guess the hope is gone.

Edited by cryorion.9532
  • Like 5

So... this patch was actually a Competitive Balance Patch, with a reworking of skills that provide boons and touched only 6 weapons out of all weapons, and even then at max 1 weapon per profession.

The change to Empower Allies will be kind of nice because getting that stack of health will work well with "Might Makes Right", but losing the recharge on weapon skills is a blow (though not totally unexpected, just frustrating).

In addition to the number tweaks that you’re used to seeing, the team will be revisiting some underpowered and underused weapon skills, traits, or utilities for each profession in each profession update to help expand your arsenal

This update is focused on adding or improving skills, traits, or weapons in each profession, in a way that introduces new builds to try.

The only actual change for Warrior weapons was the Warhorn (Longbow changes are competitive only.... which is already used by pvp/wvw condi-warriors). There's zero incentive to use any other weapons whatsoever

Edit: I just so badly want to understand what they even meant with all the "we have big changes". These change nothing and unless Warrior banners are providing 4-6s quickness every time the warrior places them (including moving them) there's just..... no point to having a Warrior in PvE content anymore because other professions have better support, utility, or damage (sometimes all 3).

I'm trying to stay hopeful that there's something they're just hiding (get everyone's hopes way way down and then show the actual sweeping changes they did) but every single time they show these previews and promise "but wait there's more" it turns out that the "more" is just "Fixed a server crash"

Edited by Geoff Fey.1035
Sorrow and frustration
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, cryorion.9532 said:

I am a bit afraid that support warrior will be simply worse than other supports now (how shocking, who would have expected that). If new Martial Cadence competes with Phalanx Strength and Vigorous Shouts, that means warrior can't really do both healing and boon support. Since support war has to pick Tactics now, the damage hit will be significant. Together with boon stats gear, damage will be non-existent and there is no way warrior can compete with e.g. Firebrand (which of course did not get any significant and meaningul nerfs to its overpowered kit... disgusting).
I am not sure about these changes, they feel lackluster, maybe except Bladesworn. Nice Spellbreaker PvE buffs, btw.

I guess the hope is gone.

Spellbreaker buffs are PvP/WvW only

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

But did you see all the Necro WvW buffs. Man, that patch is HYPE.🤯

Ikr I saw harbinger was barely touched and just laughed. The green child will still reign supreme with the blue child it seems. Hey at least I can now transfer my warrior gear to my guardian and play a real warrior spec now right?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What is the resistance uptime of the banner gonna be then?

Also I just knew they were gonna remove the dmg buff from charge.

Nice to have some minor spb improvements, I guess I try my luck with featherfoot grace again, at least in wvw.

For the rest... woah they buffed shouts. This is hilarious. I guess I make a bladesworn build...

Actually nvm I saw the rest of the changes. Just lol. Camp flipping it is.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1

Charge lol stupid, basically useless in solo play, 

example:

do you cast charge then eviscerate, when charge alone has 1/2 cast time + aftercast. which completely negate the point of quickness.

you just go eviscerate instead.

and only 2 second of quickness literally gives no more then 1-2 skill casts, 90% times you only get to cast one skill with 2 seconds in pvp environment

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Felix I don't even know how this will help warrior at all, at best soon the banner gonna get nerfed or at least split in WvW.
That banner of Defense pulsing Resistance for the whole banner duration is quite crazy tbh.

But that's just one, they conveniently forget about 300 secs and the whole other problem with core.

• Like 1

Im still super dissapointed in the fact that pistol was not made mainhand for bladesworn, this is holding back what bladesworn could be/should be. This would have amazing synergy with the suggested warhorn changes, allowing for that mid range supporter, providing boons and chipping away from the mid range before being the opportunist of diving in with a burst when the time is right, this is what the bladesworn was meant to do right? Picking the right time to burst, kinda tricky to do when you're stuck in the middle of AoE's and blind/daze spam at close range, range changes this.

Maybe on the next patch huh? Or must we puff copium till we start to believe it will change?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Can we talk about how they did all of...whatever this is to Warrior, didn't really give it much of the sweeping changes it needs (i.e they really need to just attach Banners to the kitten backs of our characters and have them work like Scrapper Gyros that pulse the effects, which they really only halfway did that and I don't know why) but they in this very same patch go and give this kitten to Thief; Cover of Shadow: This trait fills the slot previously held by Cloaked in Shadow. Players now gain protection when entering or exiting stealth. This effect also applies to stealth granted to allies.

I mean okay...so they give Thief consistent protection uptime, but Warrior? Naw, would have been too easy to do some reworks to the fairly worthless Defense trait line. Lets just give the things Warrior needs to other classes...

I genuinely do not understand the direction they take with their balance changes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1