Profession Balance: Next Steps and Preview of June 30 Balance Update

Josh Davis.7865

5 minutes ago, Karagee.6830 said:

I think bsw is probably ok in spvp, but when I saw Costa's bench I knew people were going to take the number without context or common sense. The next thing they will say is: well if you can't hit those numbers it's not because bsw is not good, it's top dps!!! it's you who are not good enough. Ignoring all the basic facts that sbould be considered alongside the benchmark number (which is debatable in itself because the number would be 2k lower if the golem wouldn't allow overkill damage).

And I get that for other bursty classes the benchmark is higly dependent of where the end of the log is in relation to the rotation burst, but most people simply can't go beyond the actual number.

So much this.

All too many people (beyond just gaming) look at a number or statistic without context

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

So much this.

All too many people (beyond just gaming) look at a number or statistic without context

What I would like to see is: do the rotation on a 10 million golem then take the minimum and maximum value in a certain time interval and use that as benchmark.

Because of the nature of dragon slash, I guarantee there will be people not able to understand that if you hit 5 trash mobs with 5k hp for 200k in a raid encounter, the dps meters will show 1 million damage when 25k would have been just as quick to kill them all. They will be so in awe and outraged for this amazing dps compared to other builds doing 25k-150k in a similar situation when a) it wasn't really needed and b) it's simply a matter of bsw being the only elite spec with a skill that hits so hard and does so much overkill (useless) damage. In fact, I don't even think it's possible to quantify the overkill damage from a dps log, other than in very specific scenarios.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 6/30/2022 at 11:51 PM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Next Week

Last Monday, I mentioned that we’ll be drafting the design notes for the June 28 release. We’ve made some progress, but we chose to refocus our time on today’s hotfix and future planning. We’ll share the design commentary sometime next week (note: Monday is a holiday).

KEKW

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ixon.2496 said:

Clearly they're having a hard time coming up with answers. Not happening this week anymore. 

Still could happen (they work on the west coast) - that said, if they had logic and reasoning at their disposal knocking out these notes should have happened last Thursday/ Friday. At this point its pretty clear they are scrambling. IJS.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/8/2022 at 4:15 PM, ixon.2496 said:

Clearly they're having a hard time coming up with answers. Not happening this week anymore. 

Yeah. A "design note" that basically says that the changes were made because a dev doesn't understand or know much about any other class is hardly a good design note. :) Guess they are trying to reword it: 

"We here at Anet think we know that it is better to drive strategically than to utilize vertically. We always grow one-to-one raw balance. That is a remarkable achievement considering the current conditions! The ability to restructure profession balance leads to the capability to incentivize macro-proactively. Think compelling. The metrics for profession metrics are more well-understood if they are not global. What does the term "balance" really mean? Without preplanned obfuscation, metrics are forced to become granular. What does the commonly-used term "player skills" really mean? Our developers aggregate based solely on individual, specific experiences rather than unleashing established balance metrics. The ability to cultivate proactively leads to the capability to enhance efficiently."

There, I gibberished it up for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Warrior = Master of Weapon  .... duh atm it doesnt look like that...ruined banner...made them the more of a garbage than trash before..no improvement in there skills traits etc. they are so easy to counter the had no good passive ... the melt fast ... why other class have most if not all the tools they need but warriors .... RIP

• Like 6

Was a post of praise to initial post. Saw things have already broken down in maintaining trust and redacted it.

Help us be more supportive, we'd rather come here to say thank you but keep getting disappointed instead.

Edited by Voyant.1327
Saw things weren't going well
  • Like 1

Thanks for the updates Josh! I do however think it's also worth mentioning that Warriors are still under compensated for what they had pre-patch. Before, because of the Double Standards trait, Warriors would get +150 precision from themselves, and then also relied on spotter (additional +100 precision) to reach their crit cap. While the additional +5% helps them get more of the way there, they're still missing about 2.5% critical chance compared to what other professions received as compensation. Is this going to be looked into in future patches?

Edited by Div.5632
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

What would be a fair compensation is putting those stat buffs into minor traits for core traitlines, so like strength would grant +100 power, and discipline'd grant +100 precision and ferocity, and the list goes on. the extra +5% is appreciated but a lil' more would make up for what warrior lost. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Hi all,

In the original post of this thread we mentioned that we'd be looking at addressing the placement of the warrior's crit trait in the July 19 release. Here's a quick update.

In the June 28 release, we updated the Furious Burst trait in the Arms line to include +5% critical chance while under the effects of Fury. However, power warrior builds don’t typically incorporate the Arms trait line, meaning that warriors were not fairly compensated for the Fury change. After the July 19 update, the grandmaster minor trait Pinnacle of Strength in the Strength line will provide a baseline +5% increased critical chance, in addition to its other effects. Furious Burst will also keep its increased critical chance while under the effects of Fury.

If you're being introduced to this thread for the first time with post, please make sure to check out the original post for a breakdown of our next steps regarding the June 28 balance update.

Thank you!

Josh

Can you do something about warrior viability in strikes CM? It's really hard for warrior to keep DPS uptime in strikes cm because most of our skills are melee. Please just rework our rifle like engineer. Warrior rifle is probably one of the worst weapon in the game and because of that power warrior have no ranged DPS option. Power berserker ( full melee) also doing less damage than power mechanist( fully ranged, half of the damage comes from mech, easy rotation, has 1200 range teleport and tons of cc).This is not a good balance. Power berserker should be doing at least 3k more damage than power mechanist to compensate the lack of range and utilities. Please look at GW2wingman and buff every espec who has less than 2% percent play rate like weaver, berserker, deadeye, reaper, vindicator etc. Is it so hard to make other DPS classes as good as power mech? 

Edited by Hazell.2065
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Div.5632 @Hazell.2065 they said in this thraits first Page that they going to rework banners and will also go for some weapon damage buffs when it comes to warr. I think they will first look how the confirmed critical hit chance buff goes on.

I don't believe they can rework banners properly in 1 month when they gave us the current "reworked" banners after "working" on it for more than 3 months.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1