1600 Gems for a Jade Bot Skin

Ok, that's pretty funny. I wouldn't say it's outrageous because I'm not interested anyways -if someone wants to splurge 1600 gems on a jadebot skin, then hf with that 🤷‍♂️

Like you mentioned, 400-800 would probably be more in line with what it is, but it would still be all the same to me tbh.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I don't have a jade bot and don't really know how it works, so...how often is it actually seen?

But to be honest, even if it's visible as often as a mail carrier, I still can't see that price being justified. That's kind of absurd. Isn't that the price of a standalone mount skin?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

I don't have a jade bot and don't really know how it works, so...how often is it actually seen?

But to be honest, even if it's visible as often as a mail carrier, I still can't see that price being justified. That's kind of absurd. Isn't that the price of a standalone mount skin?

You don't see them all that often, when you charge from a battery, when you use a zipline, create a personal waypoint or use the Revive skill and in some hearts and story steps... presuming that the heart/story jade bot is replaced by this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Tbh, most MTX in this game are ridiculously overpriced. And I say that not to downplay this particular one, but to make the point that many of them only seem less bad because they've been normalized as such. That's the constant ongoing strategy with monetization in video games, is they just push stuff out there, then if backlash is bad enough, they maybe pull back a tiny bit, and then when people stop paying attention, they go full speed ahead again. And by doing this, they normalize worse and worse standards for us. With this game, one day it's 800 gems for a full set of armor to start with. Later, it's 1600 for a skin for a little bot you will almost never see. They will always keep trying to get more.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Pifil.5193 said:

You don't see them all that often, when you charge from a battery, when you use a zipline, create a personal waypoint or use the Revive skill and in some hearts and story steps... presuming that the heart/story jade bot is replaced by this.

Also, when you use the glider skill, on enemies if you got the scavenging module, always on your skiff if you use the skiff module

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

It made me actually laugh out loud when I saw that price for something barely visible. I really don't care though, not interested in it.

(I'll pay 1600 for a cool summer swimsuit though 🙂 Also wanna buy a Baseball Bat Mace and Saltspray Skyscale for overpriced gems. Where all the cool stuff? 😉)

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 13
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

1600 gems for a jade bot skin...no thanks.

Even if I had EoD to consider it, that's not worth it. Outfits for mounts and other items shouldn't be more expensive than outfits for our characters, since at least we can see those almost all the time (outside of rare moments like being transformed).

And no ArenaNet, that does NOT mean "let's raise the price of outfits then, hyuck".

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Tbh, most MTX in this game are ridiculously overpriced. And I say that not to downplay this particular one, but to make the point that many of them only seem less bad because they've been normalized as such. That's the constant ongoing strategy with monetization in video games, is they just push stuff out there, then if backlash is bad enough, they maybe pull back a tiny bit, and then when people stop paying attention, they go full speed ahead again. And by doing this, they normalize worse and worse standards for us. With this game, one day it's 800 gems for a full set of armor to start with. Later, it's 1600 for a skin for a little bot you will almost never see. They will always keep trying to get more.

To be fair, in the end it is consumers who decide on pricing (within the limits of profitability). I can guarantee that if zero people buy something at 1600 gems it will not remain at that price.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

I am disappointed in the devs over this. They've always been fair with pricing, but this is just rediculous, and feels like they're starting to want players' money without earning it.

If you want us to pay this price, make the Jade Bot always visible and culled like minis.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

You can get 4 mount gambles for that amount, something seen constantly.  Capes, armor, etc, are less than half of that in pricing normally.  WHY for the love of ANYTHING would they decide, yeah, 1600 seems reasonable for something rarely seen and something ONLY seen by the player, let's totally roll with that.  When special mounts are along the lines of 1600 gems, something with effects, dye channels, and something SEEN often.  MOUNT PACKS are often 1600.  TF were they even thinking.  Part of me is hoping this was an oopsie because holy crap that's not reasonable.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yikes bit pricey...mail carrier price would be much more appropriate.  Unless it makes it something you see all the time and not just as guest appearances, I do not see why anyone would buy it.  Not interested in buying a jade bot skin, but I would absolutely not even consider one for 1600.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Mantrix.8329 said:

Is this a bug? It must be.
Surely someone accidentally put
the 1600 gem price similar to mount skins...

All this skin is worth 
is mail carrier price and not this...

I could imagine it being human error: someone is told to put 'the new skin' in the gem store, doesn't check what it's a skin for and just looks at recent skin prices then throws this in at a similar price. Or mistook it for a mount skin or something.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I could imagine it being human error: someone is told to put 'the new skin' in the gem store, doesn't check what it's a skin for and just looks at recent skin prices then throws this in at a similar price. Or mistook it for a mount skin or something.

Or they accidentally put 1600 instead of 600 gems for the price. That'd still be pricey, but more understandable.

Edited by Batel.9206
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I was half expecting it to be in the Black Lion chest. 1600 puts it on my  "nope, definitely not" list even though I think it's goshdarn ADORABLE. Clearly a lot of joy and care went into it, but for how little it pops up/is seen it should be at 400-600 gems, in line with the fishing rod skins.

Edited by VibingV.8256
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1