Who Else Cant Find the Willpower to Log in?

TFor me, the direction anet is taking the game and the lack of interaction with the pvp community has caused me to lose trust in them.

I still get the feeling they dont know what they want for this game and they implement changes without thinking about the long term effects it has on gameplay and player interaction.

I also think they will never back track on bad ideas such as allowing every profession to access every boon. I think it ruins class diversity. In fact, they need to be removing boon share to vanilla gw2 levels. The difference between having boons and not having them should not dictate effectiveness of your team. In fact, boons have ruined the integrity of the game and made old mechanics like fields obsolete. It also creates a false skill ceiling.

I recognize they are focused on the new player experience, but they wont be sticking around if you cant provide good gameplay and transparency. Contrary to popular belief, anet is not transparent at all and their communication is just PR. Grouch really needs to establish a balance philosphy of do's and do not's. A big do not for me is degrade core mechanics and homogenize professions. Thats probably why I am so salty lately tbh.

Anyhow, how are you all feeling?

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

Are really PvPers/ WvWers  going to benefit from the Boon distribution ?

Are we going to see alacrity Revs , or Quickness Eles (with -10% damage penalty) or Warriors avoiding Healing Shouts (1300 healing) for aoe Quickness in pvp?

Because as far i see this Boon distribution will make the "medium" PvE population to do more damage and don't feel exluded , while not effecting pvp .

Imbalances and stacking the best classes  will happen always in the "high end PvE" . High End people will always moan that their  classes aren't doing enough dps and they feel that they dragging down their party members

Edited by Solitude.2097

10 minutes ago, Solitude.2097 said:

Are really PvPers/ WvWers  going to benefit from the Boon distribution ?

Are we going to see alacrity Revs , or Quickness Eles (with -10% damage penalty) or Warriors avoiding Healing Shouts (1300 healing) for aoe Quickness in pvp?

Because as far i see this Boon distribution will make the "medium" PvE population to do more damage and don't feel exluded , while not effecting pvp .

The changes bleed into pvp. Its not a huge concern in pvp, but boons in general shouldnt dictate builds

• Like 1

I haven't logged in for about a week.

Nothing was fun or balanced and the population is non existent.

I don't enjoy any of the game anymore, and the forums were kinda keeping me around but this place is a mess too.

I'm grateful because I haven't enjoyed it, just rose tinted addiction for the last months.

The devs apparently do not care, but some players are happy.... I guess.

Time to go do some yard work.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

The changes bleed into pvp. Its not a huge concern in pvp, but boons in general shouldnt dictate builds

Ahh damm , and i wanted to propose an "in-between" the grandmasters traits (PvE only) , an extra trait where you are allowed to offer Quickness with Shoutwarior if you are 400 yards of the Boss(or commander) , and healing shouts if you are far away from it . Both effects are halved . Or the ratio is effected based on previous traits selection (PvE).

(plz make the Rifle to do moar damage . i want to be a l33t dodge master . And Mending Might + Might Makes Right , have an internal cd ?)

Edited by Solitude.2097

I just play a game a day now and it's just for dailies and after that I feel way too low energy to play again. The reasons.. bad player quality.. the new specs made things way too random..  too much stress for a balance I don't find fun.. the toxic blame game and people still obsessing over getting into the leaderboard after 33 seasons.. like come on jeez..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

game is bad, even streamers are doing shorter sessions cuz they get bored quickly

i'm playing just to get my ascended shards cuz I dont have enough for my 3 legendary armors

I think once i'm done with that i'll just be back on steam release, which honestly will be pvp last breath if they don't remove duo and most important make their report system work

• Like 5

4 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

TFor me, the direction anet is taking the game and the lack of interaction with the pvp community has caused me to lose trust in them.

I still get the feeling they dont know what they want for this game and they implement changes without thinking about the long term effects it has on gameplay and player interaction.

I also think they will never back track on bad ideas such as allowing every profession to access every boon. I think it ruins class diversity. In fact, they need to be removing boon share to vanilla gw2 levels. The difference between having boons and not having them should not dictate effectiveness of your team. In fact, boons have ruined the integrity of the game and made old mechanics like fields obsolete. It also creates a false skill ceiling.

I recognize they are focused on the new player experience, but they wont be sticking around if you cant provide good gameplay and transparency. Contrary to popular belief, anet is not transparent at all and their communication is just PR. Grouch really needs to establish a balance philosphy of do's and do not's. A big do not for me is degrade core mechanics and homogenize professions. Thats probably why I am so salty lately tbh.

Anyhow, how are you all feeling?

First off, welcome to the club, friend. A big number of us are already here with pitchforks set. It takes time for people to get here, but I believe they will eventually get to where we are. Of course, being younger and more inexperienced with mmos, I gave gw2 the benefit of the doubt over the years. Those days are past. Now, I just merely log in to play the living world and play 2-3 games of ranked a day. I've not bought this expansion with the lousy game play decisions regarding warrior, banners and (barf)...bladesworn.

And yes, what you say is true. Boon-spam has ruined this game. (wvw was the first casualty)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

There were always times i burned out and took breaks with other games just to realise how good the combat in gw2 was and came back to enjoy it. Through missmanagement and complete abandonment of competitive content over the last years this has drastically changed to the point where i randomly log in from time to time and it takes 5 to 10 minutes to remind me why i didn't play.

Edited by schloumou.3982

In PvE, all classes having access to every boon is fine. They can't use all those boons at the same time, they can still only fill one role in the party (well, except Firebrand, but I digress). The overall problem is powercreep, if you bring damage down by 30%, boon distribution won't seem like such a big deal.

Boon distribution doesn't affect PvP. There's only a few classes that bring Alacrity and Quickness in PvP on their meta builds, and even then they have to make pretty big sacrifices to do so. For example, Tempest is far more squishy without healing auras, because they lose alot of self-healing they need to sustain in all attunements even if their group healing remains fairly high from water attunement. (Monk runes, etc. don't affect yourself, so supports need more self-heals than allied heals.)

The problem in WvW isn't boon distribution but low target caps on offensive skills, which is something that shouldn't be so bad on a game mode where you can face 50+ enemy players at the same time.. But if you look at WvW overall, this is how builds should be designed in all game modes, but due to the weirdness of both PvE and PvP regarding damage numbers, that's not possible because they're at extremes.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

In PvE, all classes having access to every boon is fine. They can't use all those boons at the same time, they can still only fill one role in the party (well, except Firebrand, but I digress). The overall problem is powercreep, if you bring damage down by 30%, boon distribution won't seem like such a big deal.

Boon distribution doesn't affect PvP. There's only a few classes that bring Alacrity and Quickness in PvP on their meta builds, and even then they have to make pretty big sacrifices to do so. For example, Tempest is far more squishy without healing auras, because they lose alot of self-healing they need to sustain in all attunements even if their group healing remains fairly high from water attunement. (Monk runes, etc. don't affect yourself, so supports need more self-heals than allied heals.)

The problem in WvW isn't boon distribution but low target caps on offensive skills, which is something that shouldn't be so bad on a game mode where you can face 50+ enemy players at the same time.. But if you look at WvW overall, this is how builds should be designed in all game modes, but due to the weirdness of both PvE and PvP regarding damage numbers, that's not possible because they're at extremes.

Imagine a scenerio where every profession has a build for any content. Balance is achieved. 6 months from that point the meta will be so stale people will get bored anyways. Having to worry about boon allocation just creates another layer of limitation on any sort of balance.

Also, idk if you played wvw during vanilla, but it was much more fun without boon ball.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Imagine a scenerio where every profession has a build for any content. Balance is achieved. 6 months from that point the meta will be so stale people will get bored anyways. Having to worry about boon allocation just creates another layer of limitation on any sort of balance.

Also, idk if you played wvw during vanilla, but it was much more fun without boon ball.

Well half the wvwv raids  back then , where guardians with the 180* degree cone auto attack . So it was the same boon ball meta + aoe denial skills (spam Shelter + Staff5 + Wall of Reflect + Empower)

(are raiders trying to create a scenario , to find allies to pressure the devs from the inc boring "bring yourself than the class in pve ?" . You are a co-up mode . PvP wont get affected .

And i wish Teapot would stop bridging  the gap between the 2 communities . We cannot let those 19 age minded with the body of 40 , to contiue of "i want to be famous because i wasnt in high school , but i dont want those toxic casuals to blame me and instead worship me for my l33t skills" .

Those people where hiding and laughing when Sneb/Malluk was under fire and they were always posting "you toxic casuals you shouldn't be angry with him" and then  procced to tell the casuals to l2p and use the LI builds for Soo Won ....And 3 months later when teapot used them , then go in the current serade of "my class is not doing enought dps , while the company promoting 111 specs" .

So who is exactly  creating this constant confict on the forums ? Is it the casuals ?

In GW1 you had divas like War Mach...ete and now we are stuck with raiders , for the World first Kills race)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

The overall problem is powercreep, if you bring damage down by 30%, boon distribution won't seem like such a big deal.

REEEEEEEEEEE!

translation: If they would nerf damage by yet again 30%. We would never ever be able to kill anyone. Nerfing damage is a big buff to any tanky/bunkery spec... but people dont seem to understand that.

The reason why Necros with their shroud and bunkerspecs were so dominant after the feb 2020 change was.... you guessed it. Due to them nerfing Damage, but not adjusting sustain....

BUT HERE YOU ARE.... demanding yet again the exact same thing.  BIIIG NO!

at one point people have to learn from history...

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

When self-deception is at the root of the environment itself, the environment eventually collapses. I've seen it all before in WoW. Yes maybe the developers had the wrong decisions, but much of the choice also lies with the players. 
For example if you play only Meta, I would call it only 1/3 of the game. In a game like this everyone is only into their personalities, people don't know what Counter Setup is, they don't know Counter pick vs Meta. People try to fight how stone vs stone, they don't try to become water that sharpens stone.
Shadowlands showed well that almost all PvP WoW was held only thanks to random battlefields, which is why there was such a big churn of players, although there were thousands more possible customizations thanks to covenants, but at the same time these covenants made players even more Meta slavish. In general the word Meta is a deception, the very balance that the developers make around the integrity and is Meta. 
So yes, I still think that a map with conquest with more people and more conditions of conquest in one match will improve things (as in the case with Random BG WoW), if only for one reason that team combat will not be limited to 3-4 people.
In the meantime, relax and enjoy watching the great movie I found. Even though I'm not from the USA, your guys are great for making something like this.

Edited by Tescao.3042
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Tescao.3042 said:

When self-deception is at the root of the environment itself, the environment eventually collapses. I've seen it all before in WoW. Yes maybe the developers had the wrong decisions, but much of the choice also lies with the players. 
For example if you play only Meta, I would call it only 1/3 of the game. In a game like this everyone is only into their personalities, people don't know what Counter Setup is, they don't know Counter pick vs Meta. People try to fight how stone vs stone, they don't try to become water that sharpens stone.
Shadowlands showed well that almost all PvP WoW was held only thanks to random battlefields, which is why there was such a big churn of players, although there were thousands more possible customizations thanks to covenants, but at the same time these covenants made players even more Meta slavish. In general the word Meta is a deception, the very balance that the developers make around the integrity and is Meta. 
So yes, I still think that a map with conquest with more people and more conditions of conquest in one match will improve things (as in the case with Random BG WoW), if only for one reason that team combat will not be limited to 3-4 people.
In the meantime, relax and enjoy watching the great movie I found. Even though I'm not from the USA, your guys are great for making something like this.

This is fair if only looking at pvp. What realistic counter play exists in wvw for projectile denial? What is the point of boon removal if boons are reapplied seconds later? I hate boons. They are powerful and abundant enough to be a requirement, which limits build diversity, the very thing anet wants to avoid. Giving every profession a build that offers certain boons is not the solution in my opnion

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

This is fair if only looking at pvp. What realistic counter play exists in wvw for projectile denial? What is the point of boon removal if boons are reapplied seconds later? I hate boons. They are powerful and abundant enough to be a requirement, which limits build diversity, the very thing anet wants to avoid. Giving every profession a build that offers certain boons is not the solution in my opnion

I agree that this is only relative to PvP, I'm even afraid to stutter about WvW. It's like comparing WvW to Epic Battlegrounds WoW. But there is one feature - big is born from small. That's why I was talking about the lack of definite identity in some classes and how devs can direct condi game and the fields. My suggestions were not facts just direction.

16 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

The difference between having boons and not having them should not dictate effectiveness of your team. In fact, boons have ruined the integrity of the game and made old mechanics like fields obsolete.

they're increasing boon access to combat this. as long as boons exist in this game stacking them will increase the odds of success so making them more widely available makes sense. boon spam and strip nerfs are an issue tho. big sads when i realized they abandoned combo fields, i felt like they were a fun unique mechanic with a lot of potential. improving combat with teamwork is never rarely a bad idea.

I dont feel the willingness to log in often ever since Elden Ring and Lost Ark released.

i'd still play a game or three of pvp in a week, half an hour of wvw and some pve if lfg seemed interesting right away if not rip that.

i dont find new specs that appealing to stick with either but we play them cuz everything else on a new expansion is nerfed hard and not given a good chance to compete.

tldr no energy to play game for more than 40 mins, better options available

• Thanks 1

After 25 june patch I uninstalled the game, then one of my friends asked me to reinstall to at least chat and have some fun together. I played something like 2 days with him and that's it.
I currently vibe in FFA to kill time when I'm tired. That's as much interaction as I'm currently having with the game, I can't even be arsed to play unranked even just for the dailies.
There is not nearly enough talk about how BAD the recent design changes have been for PvP. I'm not talking about numbers, I'm talking about design. I've said it before and I'll say it again, that developer who was so vocal on reddit advertising his garbage changes, he needs to be relocated to accounting or something, sure as hell not doing design. That much is clear.

16 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, that developer who was so vocal on reddit advertising his garbage changes, he needs to be relocated to accounting or something, sure as hell not doing design. That much is clear.

Who is the main source for pvp changes?