Just Dodge Lol

Shao.7236

4 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Zizekent.2398 what would be harb players then to you? Since this class is even more annoying and clearly get some Bugs n stuff. (Shroud 5 is just stealthed chrono elite skill like since you cant see that skill as enemy/ another point would also be its shroud 4 skill cause that one is litterly evade+some range+hard damage+ daze just in one skill .... meanwhile they cry about spellbrakers full counter like god kitten their shroud weap skill is better than a whole e-spec mechanic xD)

Harbs are very weak to projectile denial, much of the same to Virtuoso also being weak to that and unblockables.

I'd say I have less of an annoying time dealing with Harbs even without projectile denial than Bladesworns because most of my debuffs and sustain doesn't get ignored. Not adding the main OP topic jank.

You literally put yourself in a bad spot on map, didn't check for plus and tanked rapid fire from ranger to cast 1sec heal rather than dodge 6k dmg, either way you were screwed playing like that even if other team was core war core ranger and not EOD specs, you would have died the same. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, youle.5824 said:

You literally put yourself in a bad spot on map, didn't check for plus and tanked rapid fire from ranger to cast 1sec heal rather than dodge 6k dmg, either way you were screwed playing like that even if other team was core war core ranger and not EOD specs, you would have died the same. 

"Didn't check for plus" when not once in this entire video you can see a ranger in the frame after looking 2 times around the blue path, what a poor excuse to alleviate the fact that I want to defend my node which is a better position than dying mid while the assuming BS that could at anytime have used DT I have better priorities than to glance at my map not showing an imminent threat.

The situation anyway was already elaborated on before and you're just like every dumb person ignoring the fact that swapping legends is the sole reason why I was still alive for so long and if I hadn't I'd be stunned and stuck in an impossible predicament to recover from, also no waiting for Daggers wouldn't have been an option because I'd be as mentioned before, stunned and taking full damage rather than being able to react with anything to which using Staff 5 avoided me getting knocked by PBS, giving me further of a chance to survive, swapping after being stunned to Jalis would have been also impossible to survive because of having less health than I would have had to begin with.

If that DT wouldn't have hit I'd have plenty health left to sustain, DoTM would have pretty much kept any pressure from coming afterwards, implying that evading the Ranger 3k damage would made anymore difference to the BS being able to pressure me any further over the Taunt and Weakness being applied to it which btw still crit me too many times for having Weakness the entire duration.

Perhaps consider looking at things properly rather than assume, especially when you have all the evidence laid out to you.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, youle.5824 said:

How he played is irrevelant. For all i care he could stand still like a bot or do a /sit or /dance. Id totally would love to give him kitten for the way he played while claiming to be good but it doesnt matter.  What it showcases is wonky hitbox that need to be fixed, and while were at it mallyx f2 need to be fixed too cuz it ignores evade frames completely.

Lol, evidence? Dude you talk about this situation like you dealt with it the right way and couldn't avoid dying, even though the way you answered that situation is filled with mistake. 

First dodging and expecting DT from a bs is like basic basic, if he insta use it and you couldn't dodge then the dmg is barely relevant and the stun is 1/4 of a sec in that scenario... Which you keep saying would have killed you without stab from Jalis <_< ....

Second when he used his DT there are no unlockable to fear after and you clearly start getting plused while still having more than 6k hp , at that point you had fcking staff block available AND a dodge available but you literally tanked warrior swordgun 2, rapid fire  from ranger and smoke scale's smoke assault. All of that could have been blocked to reach los then cast heal. Or same with dodge. 

Edited by youle.5824
  • Confused 3

31 minutes ago, youle.5824 said:

Lol, evidence? Dude you talk about this situation like you dealt with it the right way and couldn't avoid dying, even though the way you answered that situation is filled with mistake. 

First dodging and expecting DT from a bs is like basic basic, if he insta use it and you couldn't dodge then the dmg is barely relevant and the stun is 1/4 of a sec in that scenario... Which you keep saying would have killed you without stab from Jalis <_< ....

Second when he used his DT there are no unlockable to fear after and you clearly start getting plused while still having more than 6k hp , at that point you had fcking staff block available AND a dodge available but you literally tanked warrior swordgun 2, rapid fire  from ranger and smoke scale's smoke assault. All of that could have been blocked to reach los then cast heal. Or same with dodge. 

Gameplay aside, the issue is that he dodged in the wrong direction, not that he dodged and still got hit, there are plenty of skills that cannot be dodged completely, DS-Boost is one so long as you dodge the wrong direction.

During the Beta you could wasd and bug out the hitbox on DT, I highly suspect that rather than 'fixing' that issue they beefed up the hitbox to make it a non issue.

The correct way to dodge DT is to the side, towards the BSW, or to jump over it. If you dodge along the direction that the BSW is boosting, the hitbox will hit you at the end of the dodge, and since you are traveling with the hit box, will result in multiple hits.

TL;DR: Dodge towards, perpendicular, or jump when you see the explosion happen.

• Confused 2

@youle.5824Actually since you're so persistent with the fact, right play here was to use Vengeful Hammers to survive anymore of the pressure but that's okay. I choose to do the high risk high reward play and want to save my sustain for the Untamed that's about to get in close range but sure, "totally" would have made it out without dying if I had used everything left for one 3k Rapid Fire while there's like 2 incoming CC'd with 2 bursts.. Wait nono the best play even before DT would have been using Staff 5 as the Bladesworn dashed so it would have dodged everything and CC him!!! See I'm coming up with so many better plays that are completely irrelevant to the topic because I absolutely did not get hit for 6k prior to everything after evading.

Whether the concept of DT is okay or not, the hitbox is still too big and shadowpass clip is the proof of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Is this still not fixed on flat ground?

Oh no, I'm getting flashbacks. 

You know there is a huge rock near the end of FFA arena? Once been standing there to get hit by slash from the lowground. How can you jump over it if it hit even things way higher than warrior? Aslo its probably fun gambling on spacebar if you get unblockable/unblindable 10k slash anyway.

Also very funny that even if I was mirage and evading it but this bs DT lasts for that long that hit me even after MC was over. 

I'll join the trend - OP bad 

46 minutes ago, semak.7481 said:

You know there is a huge rock near the end of FFA arena? Once been standing there to get hit by slash from the lowground. How can you jump over it if it hit even things way higher than warrior? Aslo its probably fun gambling on spacebar if you get unblockable/unblindable 10k slash anyway.

Also very funny that even if I was mirage and evading it but this bs DT lasts for that long that hit me even after MC was over. 

I'll join the trend - OP bad 

highground doesnt work.... its literally you pressing spacebar....  it works... try it!

but i think only on..... i think its the boost... not quite sure... The meeleslash is not jumpable, but the projectile one.... wait thats not the boost..... 

You can reliably jump over the DT where he will just shoot the projectile. Whatever its called XD

Edited by Sahne.6950

50 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

highground doesnt work.... its literally you pressing spacebar....  it works... try it!

but i think only on..... i think its the boost... not quite sure... The meeleslash is not jumpable, but the projectile one.... wait thats not the boost..... 

You can reliably jump over the DT where he will just shoot the projectile. Whatever its called XD

Upload a video of you jumping dragon trigger 3 times in a row

Or anyone else in this thread

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Upload a video of you jumping dragon trigger 3 times in a row

Or anyone else in this thread

OOF! if you have a BSW and can assist me with that i can do it!

i "jump dodge" alot for the extra swag. im pretty confident i can pull it off. just need someone with a bladesworn and 10 minutes of your their time. 

pretty hard to do it 3 times in a row... but if we just keep trying im sure we can get it in 10-15 minutes.

Edited by Sahne.6950

If we have to lay out all the problems to excuse the existence over something that's obviously over doing it in comparison to balance my own bias.

Coalescence of Ruin and Inspiring Reinforcement can not only be jumped over with the right timing also but have plenty other shenanigans that have been reported for years and never been dealt with nor has much of the Rev player base asked for much outside reverting to the old less janky version of their prior skills.

Players can literally run/leap through without being hit or abuse specific terrain features the exact same yet I don't see any riots.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/10/2022 at 4:41 AM, Pati.2438 said:

@Zizekent.2398 what would be harb players then to you? Since this class is even more annoying and clearly get some Bugs n stuff. (Shroud 5 is just stealthed chrono elite skill like since you cant see that skill as enemy/ another point would also be its shroud 4 skill cause that one is litterly evade+some range+hard damage+ daze just in one skill .... meanwhile they cry about spellbrakers full counter like god kitten their shroud weap skill is better than a whole e-spec mechanic xD)

Wait, are there people really defending the harbinger shroud CC?

Regardless of his build, OP got hit when he wasn't supposed to and his timing and set-up was almost perfect. TBH, it's refreshing to see someone play a unique spec in higher tiers. I don't play hammer rev but I do use the hammer on scrapper and cata. 

So yeah, let's focus the OP getting damage when he wasn't supposed to. 

On the other hand, I'm glad that warriors are finally represented in tourneys - I'd hate to see it get overnerfed yet at the same time, something must be done with this.  

• Haha 1

"Just dodge" doesn't even remotely apply to GW2 anymore.  How is the only universal damage-negation mechanic (the one which is supposed to define an individual's grasp of combat tempo and planning) not only insufficient to serve as the primary means of mitigating protracted attack focus but also LESS EFFECTIVE than just facerolling rotations which have damage-mitigation BAKED INTO attacks and instant movement?  Frankly, two dodges on a 20s cooldown wasn't even enough to keep combat interesting back at launch.  That's why the PvP scene was ruled by thief and ele:   the former had freebie teleports/blinds/dodges on demand while the latter had so much passive healing that it made up for the fact that two dodges is trash for keeping anyone alive in a game where it's impossible to miss.  In fact, necro was a complete PvP dumpster fire for the longest time precisely because it had ZERO defensive options outside of two dodges; it had HP, but it was super easy to control and burn down.

This isn't Dark Souls where players are generally affording the option to break off attacks in order to avoid hits or reposition.  Even DS3 with its meme of "14 consecutive rolls" is infinitely closer to the mark of "player skill scaling with a developed game sense" than GW2's "hurr durr two dodges and then 37 other, random, asymmetrical dodge-like options which also probably deal damage and change randomly based on class choice."  There's a reason why the full set of Armor of Thorns still only dealt, like, 5 damage per dodge.  Defensive maneuvers aren't fair if they insulate the user from risk while also pressuring offensively.  There's no interaction to be had there; there's no actual PvP.  It's just dudes taking turns slapping keyboard rotations.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Swagg.9236 said:

This isn't Dark Souls where players are generally affording the option to break off attacks in order to avoid hits or reposition. 

That's the most expensive game series I've ever played. Probably busted 4-5 monitors, 10+ controllers, then tried on steam, broke 3-4 mechanical KB, 3 mice etc.... i hate and love that series. Left hand bled a few times. I lost composure and made me behave very unlady-like with endless screams of profanities, wailing..... eff that series but I'm hooked. 

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2022 at 3:09 AM, Pimsley.3681 said:

That's the most expensive game series I've ever played. Probably busted 4-5 monitors, 10+ controllers, then tried on steam, broke 3-4 mechanical KB, 3 mice etc.... i hate and love that series. Left hand bled a few times. I lost composure and made me behave very unlady-like with endless screams of profanities, wailing..... eff that series but I'm hooked. 

That series certainly brings the worst out of people lol. I think my proclivity towards profanity IRL comes from playing that series.

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2022 at 1:19 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Nice. So now we have:

1. Hamburgers
  2. Willblenders
  3. Bugsworns

Needs more EOD memes. Someone get on this please.

The first week that Scourge released, that was actually happening exactly like that picture.

1. 🍔

2. willywonka

3. bladespam

4. vinDUHcator

5. unleashed

6. 👻

7. worduoso

On 8/15/2022 at 11:25 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That series certainly brings the worst out of people lol. I think my proclivity towards profanity IRL comes from playing that series.

I does! At the time, we lived in a 2 bedroom penthouse loft overlooking the GG bridge and SF skyline, life's good except for when I played Demon/Dark Souls. Once, my spouse told me that I probably suffer from Tourette Syndrome so I created a new file for him to try out. When he got one-shotted by a boss the first 5 min of the game, he apologized and told me that I had schizophrenia instead for playing such a sadistic game. Lol. 

• Haha 1