Return our second dodge and fix mesmers!

Veprovina.4876

15 hours ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

We can all agree that them mentioning mirages second dodge when vindicator endurance system was updates gave mesmers something to hold on and the notion that it will be addressed shortly. I dont think that there is any excuse for them to tease it and then act as if nothing was said in 2 consecutive balance patches. I belive that if in march there aren't any changes for the mirage there will be quite a few very very upset players. People will revolt.

Right? I mean, why even mention it if they're just going to act like it never happened and that Mirage is fine.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

On 2/20/2023 at 4:25 PM, apharma.3741 said:

Then there's the elephant in the room, you ever fought a celestial harbinger, core necro, druid, soulbeast, willbender, renegade, catalyst, PP DrD, mechanist, scrapper, power DE, willbender, spellbreaker, bladesworn, DrD, holo, mechanist, catalyst, DH, condi weaver, necro, druid, herald or willbender? Most of these are either better in combat to the point you won't win without massively outskilling them or they are more mobile and can simply use swiftness to walk away if you're using the best build available. You are simply outclassed in roaming at the moment, especially some that are basically can't lose like cele rangers.

That's so true. Every roamer is stronger or faster or both. You can't chase them down, you can't run away from them and you can't beat them 1v1 if they are any good. Isn't Mesmer supposed to be "The Duelist Profession"?

• Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, katte nici.9483 said:

That's so true. Every roamer is stronger or faster or both. You can't chase them down, you can't run away from them and you can't beat them 1v1 if they are any good. Isn't Mesmer supposed to be "The Duelist Profession"?

Mesmer is the most unique class Anet has, and it's the most neglected one.

Illusionist duelists. But can't even deplete 50% HP with a full burst rotation in WvW on anything having remotely any defensive stats.

Sad times.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

55 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

OH there are still people in other forum sections that complain that Mesmers are too strong. Yet I can literally play cele harbinger with a pistol only and kill people/kite people with ease...

It was always a l2p issue, but for some reason, we got all the hate and unfair treatment because of it.

We were never that OP. Especially not compared to some stuff that has been allowed for far too long, and has yet to be looked at, but let's not go into it for now...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

12 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

It was always a l2p issue, but for some reason, we got all the hate and unfair treatment because of it.

We were never that OP. Especially not compared to some stuff that has been allowed for far too long, and has yet to be looked at, but let's not go into it for now...

What's more is that many from this same group also argue mesmer players should l2p to compensate for the 'fair' nerfs. 

The ignorance is astounding. 

Edited by Varis.5467
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Varis.5467 said:

What more is this many from this same group also argue mesmer players should l2p to compensate for the 'fair' nerfs. 

The ignorance is astounding. 

Yeah, we call those fake mesmers. 😛

It's either someone who doesn't play mesmer coming here to raven about how OP we are to get us nerfed, or there's some deep trauma within the mesmer community after so many nerfs that we don't even believe we deserve the same fair treatment as others.

It's baffling how much we need to "prove", ask, please and for how long just to get what everyone else has by default, and we're still ignored.

And then on top of that have to fight ourselves.

But I'm glad this thread is still going strong. Just goes to show how utterly horrible one dodge mirage is that even skeptical mesmers can't even defend it. 🙂

• Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

OH there are still people in other forum sections that complain that Mesmers are too strong. Yet I can literally play cele harbinger with a pistol only and kill people/kite people with ease...

The usual haters  keep on complaining to prune this prune that

I really hope anet will revisit and look at the mantras and mirage i noticed ages ago even in pve chrono suffered from the prunes and nerfs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 2/21/2023 at 6:05 PM, Salt Mode.3780 said:

It's because Mesmers are the only gw2 class that can inflict real life conditions on people.

I'm not lying, some of the mix ups I have done to players with my clones, blink, and IA has been downright ruthless.

No other class has that potential except thief. I mean true deception here.

Edit- Enjoy these examples:

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Haha 3

On 2/22/2023 at 11:32 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

Yeah, we call those fake mesmers. 😛

It's either someone who doesn't play mesmer coming here to raven about how OP we are to get us nerfed, or there's some deep trauma within the mesmer community after so many nerfs that we don't even believe we deserve the same fair treatment as others.

It's baffling how much we need to "prove", ask, please and for how long just to get what everyone else has by default, and we're still ignored.

And then on top of that have to fight ourselves.

But I'm glad this thread is still going strong. Just goes to show how utterly horrible one dodge mirage is that even skeptical mesmers can't even defend it. 🙂

Lol I don't think anyone here thinks one dodge Mirage is okay. 

Saying that Mesmer as a whole does fine in PvP. My Wife in particular loves downing people with her one shotting Virtuoso. The recent Aegis changes means she has great Quickness uptime when Dueling people. 

She has been loving the 3v3 Season. Open with stealth then just murder someone the team target. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8

3 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Lol I don't think anyone here thinks one dodge Mirage is okay. 

Saying that Mesmer as a whole does fine in PvP. My Wife in particular loves downing people with her one shotting Virtuoso. The recent Aegis changes means she has great Quickness uptime when Dueling people. 

She has been loving the 3v3 Season. Open with stealth then just murder someone the team target. 

Please show me a video of one shotting Virtuoso, and the build, i'd like to see it.

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Please show me a video of one shotting Virtuoso, and the build, i'd like to see it.

Why must i prove anything here? People do the same thing on Chronomancer all the time I don't think it's to hard to believe Virtuoso shares this ability. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

5 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Why must i prove anything here? People do the same thing on Chronomancer all the time I don't think it's to hard to believe Virtuoso shares this ability. 

I've never seen a Chrono do it lately either...

Why are you so defensive though?

It would be the easiest thing just to share a build, I mean I'd like to try it maybe, if it's that amazing.

But suddenly you get all defensive about it.

Leads us to think you're over exagerating again on  how powerful mesmer is.

I know you said PvP, and I know they're different, but in WvW, with full DPS gear, and full burst rotation with Chrono, I can barely do half someone's health.

So forgive me if I'm interested in a one shot build. It's a hefty claim - back it up.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

I actually for one want to know aswell about this one shotting build!

To say that you have nothing to prove in here doesnt really make your case any stronger nor believable... it becomes more like empty words which leads to people believing that you're rather trolling than being serious unfortunately...

Right? I mean, maybe i'd like to try that one shotting powerful build. Why withold the build if you make such a claim?

@Waffles.5632 at least shared videos and stuff.

This sounds like yet again an empty claim that so many make on the forums.

It's like i would go to the Ranger forum and say:

"My cousin plays a Ranger, it's SO amazing to one shot people with it! You just stealth and the other person dies!"

Others (natrually): "Really? Omg that sounds amazing, can you share the build? Gear, stats, runes, sigils? Is there a trick to it? Rotation?"

Me: "I don't have to prove anything to you!"

I mean, seriously, only on Mesmer forums is this still happening.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Sigh I've played full glass Virtuoso and no it does not one shot someone, the only time you one shot someone is if you are using mantras and interrupt with Sigil of Severence + Power lock + Mantra of pain. This is an extremely difficult combo to pull off if you are going against someone with some sort of understanding of the game, this is also the same for Chrono to "one shot" with that combo.

In sPvP it is not the case because you don't have Sigil of Severance as a power spike. I don't understand why people are making claims when they themselves can't pull it off. 

• Thanks 2

If I was going to play a "one shot" build with virtuoso I'd probably go something like this with mantra of pain for vuln stacks nothing more but you're not going to be having a fun time vs serious roamers. You have to do shatter burst in reverse, using F1, power spike, then GS burst combo, sword swap, blurred frenzy then yeet outta there which is weird to me.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAEx/lFwuYcsJGKW6WtxKA-zVJYzR9fp0UBUXC0ZE0bIY70QhzIAA-w
You get 90% crit chance on your F1 due to master of fragmentation and fury in duelling and virtuoso's +10% to fury but you need to activate it with a crit beforehand. Firework rune would ensure you have might and fury when you burst at the start but you would not have the modifiers of scholar which is unparalleled if you're going for a lame one tap build. You're also super slow in this build, you win or you're probably dead, actually you're most certainly dead unless being a tower ranger.

However chrono and core mesmer would be sooooo much better than this as with shatter storm and mirror images you could get 2 high damage shatters off in about 1s but you'd need some marauders to get you to about 45% crit chance.
I tried something similar to this at launch, it sucks from what I remember but that was with bugged unblockable and tempests/catalysts everywhere with projectile block. Also this wouldn't work in PvP. It's also not what I would consider effective as you're more or less dead if you don't hit (miss/obstructed anyone?) which to me makes it a bad build, might work better in groups but projectile hate is likely to be an issue.

Pretty much what Salt Mode just said, it is possible but it's not practical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

In sPvP it is not the case because you don't have Sigil of Severance as a power spike. I don't understand why people are making claims when they themselves can't pull it off. 

That's why Mell mentioned the wife plays that one shot Virtuoso. 😉

It's not Mell, it's someone else pulling that off! Sounds much more believable. 😛

@apharma.3741 At least you posted a build, and not overstate the viablity of the build instead of getting defensive.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

That's why Mell mentioned the wife plays that one shot Virtuoso. 😉

It's not Mell, it's someone else pulling that off! Sounds much more believable. 😛

@apharma.3741 At least you posted a build, and not overstate the viablity of the build instead of getting defensive.

I try to entertain people's arguments, if nothing else it means I can point to the closest to their claim and tell them how wrong they are like with a ranger main in PvP who claimed mantra of recovery healed for over 8k every 12s....which was so hilariously wrong.

Edit: Just so no-one gets the wrong idea, this is a guy who was in the PvP sub forum years ago and is not so active anymore as they basically couldn't prove anything they were saying about how strong mesmer was when called out mathematically.

Edited by apharma.3741
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, apharma.3741 said:

I try to entertain people's arguments, if nothing else it means I can point to the closest to their claim and tell them how wrong they are like with a ranger main in PvP who claimed mantra of recovery healed for over 8k every 12s....which was so hilariously wrong.

👍

Well, outlandish claims require proof!

I mean, at the very least one would like to see the build and try it if it's that good, right? 😛

2 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

👍

Well, outlandish claims require proof!

I mean, at the very least one would like to see the build and try it if it's that good, right? 😛

I don't do Videos but I can do a build, this is close to what she uses.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAEhrlVwuYasNGKOyOnxSA-zVIYRU/fGRIVrQVZ1DQI/BA-w

We normally Roam together so I guess I help her, but she can still one-shot people if we lock them down. You essentially spam Phantasms with the build she uses. I also can one shot people on a "sic em" Soulbeast duel Longbow build.

It's really fun dismounting people and just watching them struggle while we both prevent them from leaving with absurd damage. It really helps with two since it prevents a thief one-shotting one of use since we can take turns defending each other. We have had lots of fun recently.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 5

16 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Mell you can't claim one shot when it's 2 people, that's called a gank. 😔

True but isn't that the same.

Come out of stealth and blow someone up. We do play these builds in Zergs to due to the Ranged.

2 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Sigh I've played full glass Virtuoso and no it does not one shot someone, the only time you one shot someone is if you are using mantras and interrupt with Sigil of Severence + Power lock + Mantra of pain. This is an extremely difficult combo to pull off if you are going against someone with some sort of understanding of the game, this is also the same for Chrono to "one shot" with that combo.

I guess we are not one-shotting by this definition, if at the end of full rotation, we down someone I would say they were one shot. We are not downing people without them having some counter play, that would be unfair otherwise. My wife does not like being mean to other players so I'm sure she would hate it.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 4