Return our second dodge and fix mesmers!

Veprovina.4876

@Salt Mode.3780 Well said! And that's just the tip of the iceberg that's barely scratching the surface of what's been done to Mesmers over the years and never corrected, especially Mirage as right now, it's by far the worst of the bunch.

Even if we get 2 dodges in PvP/WvW tomorrow it wouldn't come anywhere near close to fixing Mirage.

I know i'm repeating myself but why on earth is something like Catalyst being allowed to go on as it is now, while Mesmers who were in general nowhere near that level of power were constantly nerfed into unusability time and time again? 

I've never seen a Mesmer do what Catalysts are doing on a regular basis right now, not even when Mirage was new and considered "good", yet for some reason, we were the problem, but Elementalists are totally fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

1. Mirage is a class that has a unique mechanic that is tied with our dodge and that is ambush.

2. Due to this Mirage is forced to either use it offensively or defensively in most cases its the latter rather then the former meaning we are losing out on damage.

3. Many of our traits ties to our dodges, Mesmer in whole requires dodges because of clone uptime, Mirage especially would want this more so then any other Mesmer specs due to its ambush mechanic being more of a passive playstyle rather then an active shatter like Chrono or Core.

4. The game was built upon 2 dodges. Mirage was made with the mindset of 2 dodges, look at vindicator for example, even with a class that was made with one dodge in the end was given 2 dodges because having one dodge is unreliable.

5. Due to vindicator made with the mindset of one dodge and now given 2 dodges, there is no excuse for a profession that is made with 2 dodges to stay with 1 dodge.

6. When we had 2 dodges they nerfed our vigor uptime, our damage, condi application and duration along with increased cooldown on weapons and utilities. For some reason decided to take away our dodge without reverting some of the nerfs.

7. Wasted resources, Mirage due to one dodge makes sigil of energy a waste of resource because we overcap the dodge bar, as well as it takes 8 seconds for our dodge to recharge with vigor and food buff.

8. Sigil of Energy is almost mandatory because of this making many of our builds extremely linear.

Great post @Salt Mode.3780! You summed it up perfectly! You should post this post in the Balance preview thread aswell, since there's a bigger chance that they read that thread, rather than they reading our thread on the mesmer forums! 

Edited by AshkyLicious.4729
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

On 2/6/2023 at 5:07 PM, katte nici.9483 said:

Can we build a rock solid care why Mirage needs it back? Something that is obvious and easy to understand and can be turned into memes? We know it is true but we must convince the rest.

At least for WVW I know there was some meme with the "commander told us to double dodge through the choke but I have only one dodge"

OR

"Spec designed with 1 dodge gets 2 dodges in every game mode (and is still getting nerfs to balance it as a result), spec designed for 2 dodges still has only 1 dodge in 2 of 3 game modes" 😉

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Yeah, Aegis is not really that hot of a defensive buff when every elementalist out there has skills that blast you for 2k crits 3 times a second. You'll absorb one, but 2 seconds later you're dead if you don't dodge out of that or invuln through it. Every time i get hit by it, i have to double dodge out, and i'm at 25% from full health in a second!

Not to mention all other million times hitting skills, even Virtuosos own skills have multiple hits (except none of those hit as hard as other professions cause we can't have nice things). 

Superspeed however - made you make some needed distance in a lot of situations. 

But anyway, if even you say that Mirage needs to catch up to other classes and even other Mesmer elites, then i KNOW Mirage is absolute trash right now, and desperately needs the dodge returned and be buffed. :classic_wink:

I more meant Aegis for Dueling or even PvE. Super speed was only really handy for escaping but now you can just run Feedback along with Blink if needed. 

• Confused 4

Its hilarious how there are so many confused emotes on those that are trying to give Mirage 2 dodges even with justified explanations. Needless to say there are people who still think Mirage is OP or they simply lack game knowledge. Its 2023 and people still have a hard time understanding Mesmer in general is beyond me. 

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Its 2023 and people still have a hard time understanding Mesmer in general is beyond me. 

People will always try hard to keep mesmers down because we're simply "not fun to play against". 

So rather than accepting that Mesmer is a hard counter to some builds, or their own l2p issue, people always do mental gymnastics to justify us being so nerfed by calling us OP. 

The sad thing is that this has gone too long, and that Anet has been anything but professional in regards of our balancing.

I am ALWAYS hard countered by thieves, deadeyes, and i still have l2p issues against some professions.

Not that it matters because i haven't killed anything 1v1 in a year.

But i'm not on someone elses forum complaining how something is OP.

I just want what's ours, what everyone else has, but for some (non valid) reason we can't.

It's enough, we want the second dodge back!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-guild-wars-2-in-2023/?fbclid=IwAR35CyCOFvUsWp9uoej0W8a9PZErGsgtKZAoSB0AWjK_YsJD53OObR2-Acs

Ok, this has irked me a bit...

Since 2021, we’ve put a renewed emphasis on developing Guild Wars 2 with a player-centric approach, where step one in our development process is to seek out and understand the problems and frustrations that MMO players face.

Our goals for the next phase of Guild Wars 2 are simple—we want to deliver content updates in a more timely and consistent manner, and we want to provide better support for the wide variety of systems and game modes that make up the Guild Wars 2 experience.

One of your systems is horribly and unfairly broken for years now, and we have been very vocal about how that system is affecting us negatively, and how compared to everyone else - we don't get the same treatment, we're treated like second class citizens, and that core system that everyone else has, but we don't, is just the proof of that.

@Rubi Bayer.8493

Want to be player-centric, and understand the plights of the community?

We have told you what plagues us for years, and most recently, this thread served as kind of the amalgamation of everyone's frustration with our treatment. Not only is the second dodge not yet returned but no one even considered giving us an update, or even acknowledging our concenrs!

Are you saving the return of the dodge for a special surprise next patch?

Or why can't we have any sort of update on the myriad of problems that Mesmers face right now that are the consequence of years of class favoritism, lazy balance updates, and just balance teams hating on our profession (and again - there have been countless leaks on how professionals who are supposed to be impartial said some very unprofessional things about Mesmer class).

Why don't we deserve the same experience say, Catalyst is having right now? Or really, anyone else for that matter?

Why is our concern always ignored? Why is this still allowed to continue? We're also people, just like everyone else, we all bought the game and expansions, i think we deserve a fair treatment.

Is the second dodge return a surprise soon? Maybe February 14?

I'm ready to be surprised, please!

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-guild-wars-2-in-2023/?fbclid=IwAR35CyCOFvUsWp9uoej0W8a9PZErGsgtKZAoSB0AWjK_YsJD53OObR2-Acs

Ok, this has irked me a bit...

One of your systems is horribly and unfairly broken for years now, and we have been very vocal about how that system is affecting us negatively, and how compared to everyone else - we don't get the same treatment, we're treated like second class citizens, and that core system that everyone else has, but we don't, is just the proof of that.

@Rubi Bayer.8493

Want to be player-centric, and understand the plights of the community?

We have told you what plagues us for years, and most recently, this thread served as kind of the amalgamation of everyone's frustration with our treatment. Not only is the second dodge not yet returned but no one even considered giving us an update, or even acknowledging our concenrs!

Are you saving the return of the dodge for a special surprise next patch?

Or why can't we have any sort of update on the myriad of problems that Mesmers face right now that are the consequence of years of class favoritism, lazy balance updates, and just balance teams hating on our profession (and again - there have been countless leaks on how professionals who are supposed to be impartial said some very unprofessional things about Mesmer class).

Why don't we deserve the same experience say, Catalyst is having right now? Or really, anyone else for that matter?

Why is our concern always ignored? Why is this still allowed to continue? We're also people, just like everyone else, we all bought the game and expansions, i think we deserve a fair treatment.

Is the second dodge return a surprise soon? Maybe February 14?

I'm ready to be surprised, please!

That roadmap preview was pretty garbage.

• We know we don't have enough developers to create Living World and an Expansion.
  • We know we don't have enough developers to balance professions as well as improve QoL and invest into WvW and PvP
  • We aren't announcing adding more staff to GW2 Development
  • Goodbye LWS and hello to only paid content!  Buy an Expac, get half the content (2 maps at launch and half a story) and then potentially get more map/content releases later on, possibly every 3 months but....probably longer..
  • They do acknowledge adding new Strikes and Fractals, but not at what cadence or how many per 'content release'.  It could be one or two per year (likely) but they could do 1 per quarterly release (assuming they maintain the 3 month cycle).

The part relevant to this thread however;

The next profession update is May 2nd (if they don't push it back as historically they tend to do).  We know that they are not going to make any changes to the patch notes for Feb 14th, so this is the Meta we have until May.  They have not teased or 'promised' any professions any kinds of updates since at least October (barring a handful of bug fixes) and probably before then.

So, like I have suggested several times since October, 'this is it'.  This is the world Mesmer players live within and it isn't changing in the next 3.5 months.

Fortunately, this announcement makes it a lot easier for me to just walk away knowing the only thing I might want to log in for is the new map/story on Feb 28th.  WvW reward changes doesn't make WvW more appealing to play, Chromium and DX11 updates really have no impact on me, SAB is a fine festival, I personally do not care for it at all though.  And of course, tomorrows patch doesn't move the needle on making Mesmer more effective or more enjoyable to play.

Honestly they should have spent more time hyping up the fact that there is new content coming in 2 weeks and less talking about the nonsense changes behind the scenes that ultimately are hot air until they actually have something to show for all the talk.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@Mungo Zen.9364

My thoughts as well for the most part. As I was reading and seeing all the new content from the road map the only thing I asked myself was "So when is a new pvp map coming out?"

In a perfect world, pvp and wvw would be receiving bi-weekly or monthly updates and fixes and we wouldn't be stuck in god awful metas for 3+ months at a time.

EoD in general has just been a very amateur experience tbh. Vindi dodge still completely does not work underwater. Imagine buying this Xpac and finding out your class mechanic just doesn't even work for some content. The Road Map did not do it for me at all and like you said, it's easy to walk away now and pick up gw2 later.

The only thing I am personally looking forward to in the coming months is SAB festival and that's it hahaha

• Like 3

@Mungo Zen.9364 @Waffles.5632

It's depressing, isn't it?

Professions haven't recieved a meaningful update in like a year now, and Mesmers even longer than that! Not only that but we have gotten worse and worse.

And there's a whole TEAM behind the changes, that takes them up to 3 months to make, and we end up with "change X number from 0.7 to 1.0 in PvE" after all that. And even the recent changes are reverting mantras to how they used to be, not really adding anything besides Firebrand last spike, and Mesmer initial spike bonuses.

All the while people begging for the dodge back for literal years!

I don't blame anyone for taking a break/leaving, but that's honestly just what they want. They don't need to return the dodge if no one plays Mesmer right?

It's just beyond me how the balancing TEAM still manages to exist, how Anet manages to let this happen for so long.

The game is either in "last milk" mode, or they've truly lost all touch with their userbase.

• Like 5

@Veprovina.4876 Yeah, I truly feel for all Mesmers. I don't even feel comfortable recommending Mirage anymore to anyone asking about my build in PvP because I just don't want to put that level of frustration on someone.

I will however say, small disagreement. I think taking a break is exactly what needs to happen for Anet to start paying attention. I wish all Mesmers just stopped playing pvp and wvw and went on strike or something lol.

Sometimes silence can be louder than any noise! 😆

I can only speak for myself, and I am only one person, but I don't pvp anymore, I'm not buying anything off the store, and I am playing the game less and less. Over time I imagine I will also visit forums less and less. I've been pvping with one dodge for so long I forgot what the sun feels like lmfao. It's hard because Mirage is really my vibe, but I just can't do it anymore. 💀

Two dodges or bust. No negotiations. No compromises. We only want what is fair. No more, no less.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

I will however say, small disagreement. I think taking a break is exactly what needs to happen for Anet to start paying attention. I wish all Mesmers just stopped playing pvp and wvw and went on strike or something lol.

Sometimes silence can be louder than any noise! 😆

Wouldn't that just relieve Anet of any responsibility to fix the class?
Cuase people will just either play some other profession, or some other game, in either case, no skin off Anet's back because there's already so few mesmers around, and so what if such a small minority doesn't play Mesmers in WvW?

I don't think not playing mesmers will do anything.

Not buying gems might, but again - if only mesmer mains don't buy gems, will that really hurt Anet much?

I don't know what the solution is, so if you think you can call a mesmer-wide strike, i'll stop playing for a while.

Maybe we could do a demonstration, meet in LA then everyone do /sleep or /playdead commands. 😛

Spread the word! 🙂

3 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

I can only speak for myself, and I am only one person, but I don't pvp anymore, I'm not buying anything off the store, and I am playing the game less and less. Over time I imagine I will also visit forums less and less. I've been pvping with one dodge for so long I forgot what the sun feels like lmfao. It's hard because Mirage is really my vibe, but I just can't do it anymore. 💀

I understand completely! I also stopped playing Mirage in WvW, and only play Chrono in squads and with my guild.

And Mirage is my vibe too, but roaming has never been more frustrating so i don't do it much anymore.

And when i do, i just avoid people, or stick to others cause getting attacked by literally anyone just means death.

Especially since my entire rotation barely depletes half of someone's HP while just standing in one ele skill depletes my entire one in 3 seconds. It's not fun. And it's not fair to be treated like this.

2 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

Your blind faith that something will change certainly is 🙄

Well someone needs to be a shining beacon of light and hope in theese dark times, it might as well be me! 😎

But don't mistake my attempts with faith, i've lost all faith in Anet. I'm just pointing out an injustice and want a fair treatment.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Wouldn't that just relieve Anet of any responsibility to fix the class?
Cuase people will just either play some other profession, or some other game, in either case, no skin off Anet's back because there's already so few mesmers around, and so what if such a small minority doesn't play Mesmers in WvW?

I don't think not playing mesmers will do anything.

Not buying gems might, but again - if only mesmer mains don't buy gems, will that really hurt Anet much?

I don't know what the solution is, so if you think you can call a mesmer-wide strike, i'll stop playing for a while.

Maybe we could do a demonstration, meet in LA then everyone do /sleep or /playdead commands. 😛

Spread the word! 🙂

lmfao I wish I could call a Mesmer wide strike but nah. The truth is, Virtu is definitely playable atm so can't deny people their fun, and I know Mesmers who play and very much like Virtu, so I'd just end up feeling bad trying to organize anything.

Also gw2 is 10yrs old, I think like, they "did" it. Whatever they set out to do with the game, they accomplished for better or worse. Everything now is just kind of a "bonus" if that makes sense. Don't get me wrong, what I want most in gw2 is second dodge. 100%.

But realistically there are just other higher priorities for them.

Even if somehow every Mesmer got together to send a message, Idk if it would even be big enough to show up on their radar. The only trolly thing I can think of is just have every Mesmer here post their own unique thread about returning second dodge.

It's not spamming because it would be each individual making their own thread about it. The idea of some dev browsing the Mesmer forums and seeing the entire front page with nothing but "Mirage 2nd dodge when???" threads would be top tier comedy IMO.

We would all be each others clones 😂

Either that or form a 5 man Mesmer PvP group and try to take on MAT's in pure defiance. No one would expect us to win anyways so nothing to lose there. Though ironically that might get Mesmers nerfed even more if we end up doing well! LOL

But like any strike, or movement, the only way to get the message across is to be civilly disruptive and united.  However, there's maybe what? like 10 Mirages left? lolololol. The brave few we are.

There's also public perspective, which, the majority of the players still hate/fear Mirage with a passion, and think giving them a 2nd dodge would be the sinister return of Voldemort, and they would be right, because I know if Mirage ever gets it's second dodge again, I will be back with a fury and vengeance the likes of which no pvper has ever seen.

I have over 2000 pvp matches all on one dodge, 99% solo queue with a 55% winrate and I have consistently made it to plat 1 in every single season for the past ~3yrs or so. I believe I have accomplished my own personal goal of "mastering" Mirage as I have experienced pretty much all of gw2 content with the class. In PvE I go condi/cele and in PvP I go power.

I also know I am not the only one. There are other Mirages out there who would also return with a furious thunder. I know if that day ever comes, I am really going to enjoy the pvp section of these forums, because the amount of tears that will be shed will be legendary. All Mesmers would rejoice.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

I just stopped playing the game in general. I was hoping to see some changes within the half of year that I left but it seems like the balance is still garbage with long time gaps in between. I don't know what frequent is in their dictionary but its most certainly not this. I had hopium but that is long gone.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

lmfao I wish I could call a Mesmer wide strike but nah. The truth is, Virtu is definitely playable atm so can't deny people their fun, and I know Mesmers who play and very much like Virtu, so I'd just end up feeling bad trying to organize anything.

Yeah, Virtu is fine in strikes, less fine everywhere else, but i understand you.

Also gw2 is 10yrs old, I think like, they "did" it. Whatever they set out to do with the game, they accomplished for better or worse. Everything now is just kind of a "bonus" if that makes sense. Don't get me wrong, what I want most in gw2 is second dodge. 100%.

Maybe, but until i hear we're done from Anet, and they continue to milk the game for money - i expect a fair treatment cause they obviously don't present as being done with anything, in fact, they're future proofing the game right now, so they at least expect us to play it for a while still, and announced expansions and all.

That doens't look like they did it to me. Until they say they're done i can't be expected to just drop anything and give them a pass.

But realistically there are just other higher priorities for them.

Oh come on. 😛 It's so hard to return the dodge? I mean, the code is there in every other profession, just copy and paste it back to Mirage, boom, done. There's no sphagetti code that convoluted that they couldn't just reset that back to how it was. They don't have to touch anything else for the time being, it's not a huge ask.

But can they at least deliver on what they told they will? I mean, how is that team still employed at this point?

From what i read - they reverted the mantras, but the mantras didn't recieve a buff that they were supposed to.

So now they're worse.

I can't log in to the game, my computer is borked right now so i can't see what's happening other than a few posts in other threads but like, come ON.

Even if somehow every Mesmer got together to send a message, Idk if it would even be big enough to show up on their radar. The only trolly thing I can think of is just have every Mesmer here post their own unique thread about returning second dodge.

It's not spamming because it would be each individual making their own thread about it. The idea of some dev browsing the Mesmer forums and seeing the entire front page with nothing but "Mirage 2nd dodge when???" threads would be top tier comedy IMO.

We would all be each others clones 😂

Lol, well, it's on brand for Mesmers at least haha! Though i think they would still consider that spam. 😛

Either that or form a 5 man Mesmer PvP group and try to take on MAT's in pure defiance. No one would expect us to win anyways so nothing to lose there. Though ironically that might get Mesmers nerfed even more if we end up doing well! LOL

But like any strike, or movement, the only way to get the message across is to be civilly disruptive and united.  However, there's maybe what? like 10 Mirages left? lolololol. The brave few we are.

Yeah, don't do well lol. I guess that's Anet's philosophy for us too. Everyone esle is allowed to do well, but when we do it, it's back to nerftown with us. Double standards and hypocrisy.

There's also public perspective, which, the majority of the players still hate/fear Mirage with a passion, and think giving them a 2nd dodge would be the sinister return of Voldemort, and they would be right, because I know if Mirage ever gets it's second dodge again, I will be back with a fury and vengeance the likes of which no pvper has ever seen.

I have over 2000 pvp matches all on one dodge, 99% solo queue with a 55% winrate and I have consistently made it to plat 1 in every single season for the past ~3yrs or so. I believe I have accomplished my own personal goal of "mastering" Mirage as I have experienced pretty much all of gw2 content with the class. In PvE I go condi/cele and in PvP I go power.

Funny how no one asked for my perspective on Catalysts or Thieves, yet they're allowed to continue in their completely broken kitten regardless. I don't care what people think about mesmers, that's not my problem, that's their l2p issue. I shouldn't be punished because someone else has a weird personal perception.

I also know I am not the only one. There are other Mirages out there who would also return with a furious thunder. I know if that day ever comes, I am really going to enjoy the pvp section of these forums, because the amount of tears that will be shed will be legendary. All Mesmers would rejoice.

Yeah but, not everyone who plays mesmer, or mirage even, is at that skill level.

I know i'd still lose to people constantly, i'm nowhere near as good.

And so would a lot of others, so Mirage wouldn't suddenly turn into some god tier PVP god just because there's a few really good players.

Though, i know Anet would take 1 good player as a metric for the whole class to confirm their bias so there's that too.

Mirage or mesmer will never be good until someone impartial is hired that doesn't even play the game, just researches the systems and balances them out like that. No horse in the race.

If the devs would main mesmers, we'd be where Catalyst is right now. That's what it is.

I'm still ready to be totally surprised by a giant mesmer rewrok, bugfix and buff centric balance that they just have to be saving up for a surprise cause that's why they're seemingly totally ignoring us, right?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I do think some of you really need a break from GW2 or play another class.

And what's wrong with wanting to play Mesmer and it being on the level of every other class?

Also, people literally just said they are playing another class AND taking a break, i mean, really...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Yeah, Virtu is fine in strikes, less fine everywhere else, but i understand you.

Maybe, but until i hear we're done from Anet, and they continue to milk the game for money - i expect a fair treatment cause they obviously don't present as being done with anything, in fact, they're future proofing the game right now, so they at least expect us to play it for a while still, and announced expansions and all.

That doens't look like they did it to me. Until they say they're done i can't be expected to just drop anything and give them a pass.

Oh come on. 😛 It's so hard to return the dodge? I mean, the code is there in every other profession, just copy and paste it back to Mirage, boom, done. There's no sphagetti code that convoluted that they couldn't just reset that back to how it was. They don't have to touch anything else for the time being, it's not a huge ask.

But can they at least deliver on what they told they will? I mean, how is that team still employed at this point?

From what i read - they reverted the mantras, but the mantras didn't recieve a buff that they were supposed to.

So now they're worse.

I can't log in to the game, my computer is borked right now so i can't see what's happening other than a few posts in other threads but like, come ON.

Lol, well, it's on brand for Mesmers at least haha! Though i think they would still consider that spam. 😛

Yeah, don't do well lol. I guess that's Anet's philosophy for us too. Everyone esle is allowed to do well, but when we do it, it's back to nerftown with us. Double standards and hypocrisy.

Funny how no one asked for my perspective on Catalysts or Thieves, yet they're allowed to continue in their completely broken kitten regardless. I don't care what people think about mesmers, that's not my problem, that's their l2p issue. I shouldn't be punished because someone else has a weird personal perception.

Yeah but, not everyone who plays mesmer, or mirage even, is at that skill level.

I know i'd still lose to people constantly, i'm nowhere near as good.

And so would a lot of others, so Mirage wouldn't suddenly turn into some god tier PVP god just because there's a few really good players.

Though, i know Anet would take 1 good player as a metric for the whole class to confirm their bias so there's that too.

Mirage or mesmer will never be good until someone impartial is hired that doesn't even play the game, just researches the systems and balances them out like that. No horse in the race.

If the devs would main mesmers, we'd be where Catalyst is right now. That's what it is.

I'm still ready to be totally surprised by a giant mesmer rewrok, bugfix and buff centric balance that they just have to be saving up for a surprise cause that's why they're seemingly totally ignoring us, right?

Ty I appreciate this, but what I meant by higher priorities is that Anet simply isn't focused on sPvP atm. They have the Trading Post update, Dx11, new content, etc. They could easily flip a button and boom Mirage 2 dodges, but the amount of negative feedback they would get far outweighs any positive feedback.

The sad reality is a lot of players hate playing against mesmers and Anet seems to agree. Not only that, but a lot of the big content creators are also biased against Mesmer/Mirage. It is absolutely ridiculous, but Anet listens to that sort of feedback. The secret discord chat revealed a lot, idk if you've ever read it or not, but truuusssst me, it was a huge scandal that got quickly thrown under the rug by anet. I am afraid to say anything more because I don't want to start any trouble though.

Maybe in future things will change but I doubt it.

~3yrs ago I thought one dodge mirage would be a temporary thing, but it's not lol. We have to treat it as a permanent thing because it has been so long without any word or mention of Anet even giving us a hint as to what they plan to do with it. At this point asking for a second dodge might very well be a monkey's paw situation where we get it, but Mirage Cloak is nerfed in some other significant way. If we get a second dodge at the cost of Mirage's class identity and then we'd be right where we are now. It is simply out of our hands unfortunately. And it does suck. 10000000%. 

But it's a lose/lose. Anet doesn't read our feedback, the most recent changes are horrrrrrrrible for Mesmers, and it's very clear no one on the dev team plays the class, or at the very least, if they do play the class, they have significantly opposite ideas vs the Mesmer community. I have never seen so many Mesmers all agree on the same issues. It's actually pretty awesome lol.

I mean I want fair treatment too but we haven't gotten that in ages. I don't want to build up resentment and frustration by being in a situation I can no longer control.

On the flip side though! I can now spend all this free time helping others with Mesmer class and gw2 in general! I'm even thinking of making some posts and videos consolidating what I've learned to kinda give back because the way I learned Mirage was from Jazz, and the way I learned general pvp tips was from Vallun.

Watching their videos helped a ton back when I was new to gw2 pvp. I remember specifically it was one of Jazz's videos that finally made things click so I could push past g3 and into plat 1. I'll never forget that feeling so I'd like to do the same for others if I'm able to.

So it's not all doom and gloom! Mirage just isn't fun in pvp anymore, but in PvE it is still rather strong and welcomed in almost every group. I still have people asking me to play alac mirage for strikes and stuff. 🙂

Also I gotta admit, I am on Vindi more these days because their dodge mechanic is super fun as well, but again in PvE mostly.

I am playing the game less but maybe that's a good thing hahahaha because I also want to be surprised by Mirage Second dodge! 😁

To anyone who might be feeling jaded just remember to try and stay positive and always aim to work on things you can control.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

I am afraid to say anything more because I don't want to start any trouble though.

I’m not saying you won’t get in trouble but in the past few months people in the Mesmer community have tagged Anet staff members in posts talking about these discord leaks, about the prejudice the developers have for this profession, even calling for the removal of CMC and his staff. 

These posts aren’t even deleted let alone the posters flagged or banned.  If the developers actually read these forums they do not care to do anything about these topics. It shows the lack of care when the developers are generally okay with letting a subset of their player base be this angry and or upset and say nothing.

The silence is deafening. 

• Thanks 4