Return our second dodge and fix mesmers!

Veprovina.4876

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

But please be respectful. 

Yeah this is the key thing. It's okay to be frustrated, or even angry, but always gotta remember, CMC and Anet are doing their best, and they are people too. It definitely sucks that I feel like I can't PvP effectively on Mirage though, and I am gonna keep poking fun that the spec itself is Voldemort levels of terror now for Anet. 😭😂

The silence on Mirage ended up being a good thing imo because I haven't seen so many Mesmer's united and agreeing on the same issue in forever lol so let's keep it up.

Mirage Second Dodge in 2023 Let's go! 🥲

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 2/3/2023 at 9:27 AM, apharma.3741 said:

Not evade frames, true invuln and block. Mesmer through signet of illusions, inspiration and blade renewel has 50% more invuln at least than catalyst can have (discounting earth shield as it roots you but I also believe earth shield needs to lose the invuln) and also a lot more block time especially if we count weapon skills. You could technically use mimic with blade renewal to get another one but I think everyone would rather use blink.
By no means do I think current catalyst is in the least bit balanced sitting there with perma prot, resolution, stability, regen, fury, 25 might, vigor and then resistance, quickness and everything else it can get from jade spheres in WvW with it's cele build. I'm under no illusions that catalyst is basically a raid boss in 1v1 and small scale that you need necros to kill or that mesmer boon strip can't keep up with the boon spam.

You are mixing up your logic too much to follow what ever youre attempting to claim. For instance, you say more invuln and blocks than cat on Mirage (remember the topic was Mirage specifically) then you start saying cause Blade Renewal. We are talking about Mirage not Virt. Mixing up things like this is basically miss information.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

On 2/3/2023 at 10:06 AM, apharma.3741 said:

I was looking through the old forum, man we became so jaded now, so many names no longer around either 😿
Edit: Fay and Pyroatheist, man I haven't seen them in years, looks like they dropped off end of 2019 and 2020.

Yeah I mean Im still here but I stopped playing Mirage around the start of 2021 and I felt like I held out using it in wvw much longer than most. I still do play Mes for a few specific raid roles when needed or when I want a port slave but thats rly it.

I suspect allot of people just swapped to other classes or moved to other games cause the one dodge split-mode thing was a pretty obviously bad direction that was bound to get worse when you look objectively. I just had so much time invested in the game and my Mesmer that I will never, drop the bone, so to speak. That said, Im also never investing more $$ or putting time into new specs or anything like that unless they can give Mirage a consistent number of dodges across all game modes.

I love my Mesmer but I was very much into playing pve and wvw and switching between the two frequently depending what was going on in game timing wise. The one dodge in wvw then 2 in pve made playing it feel super awkward compared to when it had a consistent number of dodges. So after a while I chose wvw over pve and for 2020 I only used that toon in wvw because I didnt to mess with my timing on dodges in wvw to use it in pve. After more nerfs landing through 2020 by early 2021 I finally retired that toon. Since then when I play wvw I play Necro, Rev, Ranger, Engi like most people because they are easy to use a powerful and versital and mostly everything they have works pretty well. I cannot say I feel that way for Mirage.

Also I realize Mesmer has other specs, but I have been down that road and was into chrono prior to Mirage and hesitated to change to Mirage. Im sick of trying to force myself to waste many hours to adjust to new specs or new major overhauls like distortion cs, etc changes over the years. I was willing to relearn things and adjust and invest more time untill the Mirage one dodge split-mode changes that no one seems to think was good design. At best people say it was OP and so ohh well as a response. Its clearly just bad lazy design to remove one dodge in SOME modes from any class. Particularly from a spec who is reliant on its dodge for its abilities. (So I play faceroll easy stuff like Scouge, scrapper, ren, Herald ) I know staff/staff Mir is pretty facerole in pve but I never liked the dual staff thing either. I use it some times because people ask for it and it works, but its really another example of lazy poor design to avoid any comprehensive balance of Ambush effects.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

You are mixing up your logic too much to follow what ever youre attempting to claim. For instance, you say more invuln and blocks than cat on Mirage (remember the topic was Mirage specifically) then you start saying cause Blade Renewal. We are talking about Mirage not Virt. Mixing up things like this is basically miss information.

I was saying how I was trying multiple different builds, from mesmer but also other classes, I mentioned how I and others on virtuoso (very specifically said Virtuoso) can dive into 20 people and chain blocks and invulns enough to basically walk out. I didn't mention mirage at all when talking about diving into 20 people.
You should go back and check because I think you're mixing up your quotes and logic.
If you can't follow a thread why insert yourself and then come to the wrong conclusion and dig it all up again?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

This patch low key nerfs roaming Mirage, with the change to the Master of Manipulations trait. So we'll loose cd reduction on blink and we'll loose superspeed for aegis instead... like I dont know what to say at this point.

While I agree that removing mobility is an issue given how slow Mesmer already is, the master of manipulation changes are an overall buff. What they should do is make the cd reductoin for blink basline while keeping the other changes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ascii.1369 said:

While I agree that removing mobility is an issue given how slow Mesmer already is, the master of manipulation changes are an overall buff. What they should do is make the cd reductoin for blink basline while keeping the other changes.

How is it an overall buff if you're literally saying that the thing they removed should be baseline.

Well, its' not, and there's no cd reduction anymore so i'm struggling to see how it's a buff...

And you also said how slow Mesmer is, but aegis over superspeed is a buff?

You're contradicting yourself.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

How is it an overall buff if you're literally saying that the thing they removed should be baseline.

Well, its' not, and there's no cd reduction anymore so i'm struggling to see how it's a buff...

And you also said how slow Mesmer is, but aegis over superspeed is a buff?

You're contradicting yourself.

It's a buff because aegis is insanely strong. The superspeed and cd reduction has always been meh if blink is the only manipulation you use.

And I'm not contradicting myself. A buff doesn't have to mean "better in that specific thing". Aegis spam with blink and mirror increases survivability by a ton while the superspeed and cd reduction on blink still left Mesmer rather slow.

So overall it makes mirage stronger in roaming through survivability even though it's slower.

Edited by ascii.1369
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ascii.1369 said:

This is not a buff, removing the CD reduction in itself is already bad in addition to the fact that superspeed holds more value then Aegis. Not to mention there are too many unblockable skills/traits that make Aegis ineffective compared to superspeed.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ascii.1369 said:

It's a buff because aegis is insanely strong. The superspeed and cd reduction has always been meh if blink is the only manipulation you use.

And I'm not contradicting myself. A buff doesn't have to mean "better in that specific thing". Aegis spam with blink and mirror increases survivability by a ton while the superspeed and cd reduction on blink still left Mesmer rather slow.

So overall it makes mirage stronger in roaming through survivability even though it's slower.

I wasn't thinking mirage, I was thinking condi chrono personally or maybe a power version with chaos in WvW.
Chaos: Master of manipulation for aegis, staff trait, PU or BD
Heal: Mirror
Utilities: Blink, Arcane Thievery, either decoy, mirror images or mimic.
Elite: Mass invis for condi, Gravity well for power.

If you're going power you'd probably take shield, mirror images and BD, if you go condi you'd probably take decoy, torch and PU for more aegis.
Slot on defender runs and you get a 5% heal each time aegis blocks, each time scepter blocks etc. It all adds up to some decent sustain and given mirror is now spammable at 12s CD that's a decent heal with the aegis proc, especially in a high vit build.

For mirage I don't think it's any more of a nerf or a buff, it's just a different flavour as you won't be using defender runes. Survivability for mirage is more often how many times you can mirage thrust away rather than superspeed. Superspeed on manipulations did nothing compared to current WvW roamers who are all faster and have more superspeed.

Edited by apharma.3741
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Yeah I mean Im still here but I stopped playing Mirage around the start of 2021 and I felt like I held out using it in wvw much longer than most. I still do play Mes for a few specific raid roles when needed or when I want a port slave but thats rly it.

I suspect allot of people just swapped to other classes or moved to other games cause the one dodge split-mode thing was a pretty obviously bad direction that was bound to get worse when you look objectively. I just had so much time invested in the game and my Mesmer that I will never, drop the bone, so to speak. That said, Im also never investing more $$ or putting time into new specs or anything like that unless they can give Mirage a consistent number of dodges across all game modes.

I love my Mesmer but I was very much into playing pve and wvw and switching between the two frequently depending what was going on in game timing wise. The one dodge in wvw then 2 in pve made playing it feel super awkward compared to when it had a consistent number of dodges. So after a while I chose wvw over pve and for 2020 I only used that toon in wvw because I didnt to mess with my timing on dodges in wvw to use it in pve. After more nerfs landing through 2020 by early 2021 I finally retired that toon. Since then when I play wvw I play Necro, Rev, Ranger, Engi like most people because they are easy to use a powerful and versital and mostly everything they have works pretty well. I cannot say I feel that way for Mirage.

Also I realize Mesmer has other specs, but I have been down that road and was into chrono prior to Mirage and hesitated to change to Mirage. Im sick of trying to force myself to waste many hours to adjust to new specs or new major overhauls like distortion cs, etc changes over the years. I was willing to relearn things and adjust and invest more time untill the Mirage one dodge split-mode changes that no one seems to think was good design. At best people say it was OP and so ohh well as a response. Its clearly just bad lazy design to remove one dodge in SOME modes from any class. Particularly from a spec who is reliant on its dodge for its abilities. (So I play faceroll easy stuff like Scouge, scrapper, ren, Herald ) I know staff/staff Mir is pretty facerole in pve but I never liked the dual staff thing either. I use it some times because people ask for it and it works, but its really another example of lazy poor design to avoid any comprehensive balance of Ambush effects.

I know Pyro or Fay switched to guardian at PoF which considering the historic "mesmer is just a budget guardian" of the past is understandable, I think the only thing guards don't really have is....er....distortion.
The food for thieves thing hasn't really gone away in WvW so you either really outplay them or you just get bodied. That's without mentioning a willbender dashing and teleporting onto you out of nowhere for 80% of your health or a soulbeast 100-0 you from 1800 range or worse yet they just run after you auto-attacking for 3K+2K OWP. Then there's the unkillable stuff like druid, catalyst and spellbreakers now with perma stab that you can't even interrupt their completely broken heal.
Most mesmer players I know have all left now, I occasionally see them log in but they don't stay long, most are tired with the game. It's not just the way mesmer has been handled but the gravitation towards faceroll builds really put them off. They know they could play inspiration or chaos and have an easier time but they don't want to play broken stuff, otherwise they'd just reroll to the even more broken stuff on other classes. Been having a whale of a time myself on nades holo, 8K grenade barrage with no real effort, 25 might, just spam nades and stuff dies. If I get pressured superspeed and stealth away and heal. I get 3 conditions cleansed entering and leaving photonforge, only time I feel I'd have escapped with mesmer is when REALLY outnumbered as I could probably have stealth blinked away.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

Most mesmer players I know have all left now, I occasionally see them log in but they don't stay long, most are tired with the game. It's not just the way mesmer has been handled but the gravitation towards faceroll builds really put them off. They know they could play inspiration or chaos and have an easier time but they don't want to play broken stuff, otherwise they'd just reroll to the even more broken stuff on other classes. Been having a whale of a time myself on nades holo, 8K grenade barrage with no real effort, 25 might, just spam nades and stuff dies. If I get pressured superspeed and stealth away and heal. I get 3 conditions cleansed entering and leaving photonforge, only time I feel I'd have escapped with mesmer is when REALLY outnumbered as I could probably have stealth blinked away.

My first 25 matches on vindicator. Your post is exactly what's happening to me right now hahahaha. Doesn't really matter what I pvp, Mirage is always going to be my vibe, and it really sucks that the one dodge limitation absolutely butchers it in any kind of competitive play atm. I mean yes, I can make it work, but it's so much effort compared to any other spec out there, just no point in making myself suffer when I can have such an easier and more chill time on something like vindi.

Braindead gameplay where stats carry you more than skill. I can literally run people down knowing full well that the mechanics of vindi will win the fight. Now I am not the best vindi by any mile mind you, still so much about rev I don't know compared to Mirage, and obv vindi is getting nerfed soon, but I don't pvp anymore anyways. Spending most of my time doing PvE stuff now because at least there Mirage has 2 dodges lol. PvP for me atm is just meh, why bother.

I think the next time I'll try to take pvp seriously and climb is when Mirage gets it's second dodge back tbh.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

I know Pyro or Fay switched to guardian at PoF which considering the historic "mesmer is just a budget guardian" of the past is understandable, I think the only thing guards don't really have is....er....distortion.
The food for thieves thing hasn't really gone away in WvW so you either really outplay them or you just get bodied. That's without mentioning a willbender dashing and teleporting onto you out of nowhere for 80% of your health or a soulbeast 100-0 you from 1800 range or worse yet they just run after you auto-attacking for 3K+2K OWP. Then there's the unkillable stuff like druid, catalyst and spellbreakers now with perma stab that you can't even interrupt their completely broken heal.

Omg this is exactly my life!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

Yeah I have played with the nade holo, personally I was enjoying the scrapper Monkee and some variants that uses Elixers + the Four Winds Sigil+ mort for 3 sec of crit + cleanse 3 condi + super speed on mortar swap that also has stealth on a scrapper that gets 1500 range. The mortar does less damage I guess but it has better range and I like that it triggers on use of elites with very low cooldown + also triggers weapon swap cause engi is so crazy broken. I swapped over to Herald recently but only because of the gyro changes + ground targeting changed/broke when they changed Mortar. (You used to be able to point mouse to redirect the target point while still on instant ground targeting). Now you have to use fast w indicator which bugs snap ground target when the mouse moves around. So I opted for herald and if I play scrapper I avoid using gyros for the most part. Herald is crazy fun tho and can just run around in full glass zerk + scholar like Monkee scrapper so they both can get good burst. Some ppl run Monkee w Cele stats but then it really lacks that lethal burst they can have.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Confused 1

Ok people! 

Up with this thread cuz it should stay up no matter what! The second dodge needs to come back, mirages traits needs to get fixed, ambushes and skills needs to get buffed again!

For those of you who still scream mirage has broken mechanics, well go and complain to Anet, cuz all other professions are already broken as it is! Mesmer as a class dont need any more nerfs, it needs buffs, it needs to get on the same level as the other professions are at today. Period!

Some of you complain that we are so hated by the rest of the players and streamers, and shouldnt ask for any buffs, cuz that will just bite us in the end... well if we continue like this nothing positive will ever happen to this class. So I for one will not just succumb to every other nonmesmer players hate. We need to get buffed up, and we need it badly! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

Ok people! 

Up with this thread cuz it should stay up no matter what! The second dodge needs to come back, mirages traits needs to get fixed, ambushes and skills needs to get buffed again!

For those of you who still scream mirage has broken mechanics, well go and complain to Anet, cuz all other professions are already broken as it is! Mesmer as a class dont need any more nerfs, it needs buffs, it needs to get on the same level as the other professions are at today. Period!

Some of you complain that we are so hated by the rest of the players and streamers, and shouldnt ask for any buffs, cuz that will just bite us in the end... well if we continue like this nothing positive will ever happen to this class. So I for one will not just succumb to every other nonmesmer players hate. We need to get buffed up, and we need it badly! 

We'll keep this up!

When Catalyst got nerfed a bit - nowhere near how mesmer was - the whole reddit was in an uproar, as well as the forums, memes were being made. Mesmer is in the worst condition than has ever been, especially Mirage, and people still manage to do mental gymnastics on how Mirage needs more nerfs. 

Mirage needs its second dodge back, and mesmers need fixing! It's unacceptable how everyone else is treated so much better than we are. Literally every other class i play that i have, they're so much above Mesmer in every game mode that i can't describe how much easier it feels to play them. And i'm not against complexity on Mesmer, but every other profession feels so much more polished, it feels like i'm not playing the same game.

There HAS to be a way to get through to Anet.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

Ok people! 

I highly doupt they will return the second dodge and also buff ambushes. I think they will nerf the ambushes even more if they return the second dodge to PvP. 

Honestly at this point I'm in agreement with people who are pessimistic about Mesmer buffs. I'm kinda scared what they are going to cook up to fix Mirage. 

• Confused 7

1 minute ago, Mell.4873 said:

I highly doupt they will return the second dodge and also buff ambushes. I think they will nerf the ambushes even more if they return the second dodge to PvP. 

Honestly at this point I'm in agreement with people who are pessimistic about Mesmer buffs. I'm kinda scared what they are going to cook up to fix Mirage. 

Good for you mate. 

The rest of us will keep this up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, katte nici.9483 said:

Can we build a rock solid care why Mirage needs it back? Something that is obvious and easy to understand and can be turned into memes? We know it is true but we must convince the rest.

I mean, Mirage being the only one with a nerfed core mechanic at this point - even when the profession that was designed around it, got 2 dodges, and they're stronger, have more utility than mirage cloak will ever have - that should be enough proof and a rock solid case, but here we are i guess...

But if you have something in mind, anything helps really... Start posting on reddit as well. That will help the case too.

The only thing we shouldn't do is stay quiet and give up.

I'd say involve gw2 community youtubers like MukLuk, Teapot or Noxxi, but the first two i have a feeling hate mesmers themselves cause the amount of mental gymnastics about how mesmers are super strong from Teapot, and MukLuk's offhand remarks lead me to believe they'd just worsen the issue. Idk about Noxxi though.

But one idea i had was to compare all the skills, utilty and traits with other professions just to see how ridiculously OP everyone else is compared to us.

And today again, in WvW, 5 people were chasing down a Catalsyst for about 10 minutes and the Cata was surviving with invulns, blocks and blinks, we barely got him out of sheer annoyance after almost losing, all 5 of us to 1 Catalyst!!!

That's ok, but Mirage Blink is apparently a problem and needs to get nerfed, and 1 dodge is so OP that giving it back wouldn't even scratch the surface of what's wrong with Mesmers...

Just look at our Blink vs Mech blink.

Our blink - 35 sec cooldown, stunbreak teleport.

Mech blink - PASSIVE bonus to movement speed, condition clense, stunbreak, same range, lower cooldown on activate.

Totally fair.

And if ANY of you have some gaming journalist friends, now would be the time to bring about the favoritism in GW2 issue with them and how a whole group of players is being discriminated against.

How do i know we're being discriminated against?

Well, i made a Rifle Mech build, and this has got to be the most braindead OP not even funny things out there. Which is great for my arthritis, now i can do strikes by just pressing F skills off cooldown while autoattacking.

But the difference is staggering, and NOT ok.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 9

@Veprovina.4876Good breakdown, let's hope Mirage can catch up to other Classes or even its other two Elites.
I mean there is really no excuse for Virtuoso to have so much survivability compared Mirage at this point.

I just realized to that Virtuoso will only become more powerful soon since it will have better access to Aegis through the Master of Manipulation changes. 
Imagine Duelist's Reversal + Blink or Mimic, sounds pretty crazy. Even something like Arcane Thievery could be very fun, double Quickness.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I just realized to that Virtuoso will only become more powerful soon since it will have better access to Aegis through the Master of Manipulation changes.

Yeah, Aegis is not really that hot of a defensive buff when every elementalist out there has skills that blast you for 2k crits 3 times a second. You'll absorb one, but 2 seconds later you're dead if you don't dodge out of that or invuln through it. Every time i get hit by it, i have to double dodge out, and i'm at 25% from full health in a second!

Not to mention all other million times hitting skills, even Virtuosos own skills have multiple hits (except none of those hit as hard as other professions cause we can't have nice things). 

Superspeed however - made you make some needed distance in a lot of situations. 

But anyway, if even you say that Mirage needs to catch up to other classes and even other Mesmer elites, then i KNOW Mirage is absolute trash right now, and desperately needs the dodge returned and be buffed. :classic_wink:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/6/2023 at 2:07 PM, katte nici.9483 said:

Can we build a rock solid care why Mirage needs it back? Something that is obvious and easy to understand and can be turned into memes? We know it is true but we must convince the rest.

1. Mirage is a class that has a unique mechanic that is tied with our dodge and that is ambush.

2. Due to this Mirage is forced to either use it offensively or defensively in most cases its the latter rather then the former meaning we are losing out on damage.

3. Many of our traits ties to our dodges, Mesmer in whole requires dodges because of clone uptime, Mirage especially would want this more so then any other Mesmer specs due to its ambush mechanic being more of a passive playstyle rather then an active shatter like Chrono or Core.

4. The game was built upon 2 dodges. Mirage was made with the mindset of 2 dodges, look at vindicator for example, even with a class that was made with one dodge in the end was given 2 dodges because having one dodge is unreliable.

5. Due to vindicator made with the mindset of one dodge and now given 2 dodges, there is no excuse for a profession that is made with 2 dodges to stay with 1 dodge.

6. When we had 2 dodges they nerfed our vigor uptime, our damage, condi application and duration along with increased cooldown on weapons and utilities. For some reason decided to take away our dodge without reverting some of the nerfs.

7. Wasted resources, Mirage due to one dodge makes sigil of energy a waste of resource because we overcap the dodge bar, as well as it takes 8 seconds for our dodge to recharge with vigor and food buff.

8. Sigil of Energy is almost mandatory because of this making many of our builds extremely linear.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2