Bank Tab Expansion Expansion to 17+ [Merged]

Hi will there be plans to expand the max bank tabs beyond 17? I know it was updated back in 2016 from 12 to 14 and in 2018 from 14 to 17 so was wondering, with all the "stuff" we have to carry now 4 years later, if there are plans to increase max tabs. What do you all think? Are most of you maxed out?

Edited by Pimsley.3681
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/14/2022 at 2:00 PM, Pimsley.3681 said:

Hi will there be plans to expand the max bank tabs beyond 17? I know it was updated back in 2016 from 12 to 14 and in 2018 from 14 to 17 so was wondering, with all the "stuff" we have to carry now 4 years later, if there are plans to increase max tabs. What do you all think? Are most of you maxed out?

I'm currently at 16 tabs and I have a couple of them near-empty. I think it's very subjective which stuff you feel you have to keep.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

If you're wondering why these limits exist, its because every player's shared inventory and bank consumes space in their database (which doesn't seem like alot, but imagine hundreds of thousands of players), so they likely have to do a minor infrastructure upgrade every time they increase the limit.

If you're already at max tabs you may want to make a mule and start offloading some of the stuff you never touch onto it, rather than waiting for them to add more bank tabs.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi All thanks for the feedback, lol. I have around 20 characters and since a lot of the stuff I have are account bound, I don't know really what to keep or get rid of. As someone said, it's about time to expand to a max of 20 or even more just so it's on pace with all the new content and things we have to carry. 

• Like 2

On 8/14/2022 at 5:00 AM, Pimsley.3681 said:

What additional stuff do we have to carry where we need more than 17 slots?

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Confused 3

Probably a similar reason for why material slot upgrades max at 2000.  There has to be a limit somewhere.  Presumably for materials, it means that when people fill those up, either they make things or sell the extra.

I'm not sure what a reasonable limit for bank slots is - I have 17, but manage to fill them up with crap, but it does force me to go through and clean things out now and again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solvar.7953 said:

Probably a similar reason for why material slot upgrades max at 2000.  There has to be a limit somewhere.  Presumably for materials, it means that when people fill those up, either they make things or sell the extra.

I'm not sure what a reasonable limit for bank slots is - I have 17, but manage to fill them up with crap, but it does force me to go through and clean things out now and again.

It is 2500 now mate

On 8/14/2022 at 2:00 PM, Pimsley.3681 said:

i have maxed out bank tabs and material storage and honestly i woudnt mind bank tabs going to like 30 and storage to 5k min.

I'm curious what people keep in their bank that takes up so much space. I recently bought a 10th bank tab, because it's become a tradition for me that I get one every August but I'm thinking this will be the last year I do that because I really don't need it. The only reason it isn't empty is because I spaced things out after buying it.

I've got 3 tabs for spare equipment, 1 for books and 1 for nostalgia items I don't need but want to keep (like a 2nd mini Liadri, a celebration hat and one of my original Gift's from Scarlet), 1 for tools and gizmos, 1 for tokens and bits of items (like SAB currencies, black lion scraps and the Gift of Exploration), 1 for material storage overflow, 1 for boosters and stuff for new characters and 1 for stuff I need to remember to use up (like banners, food, a spare research kit...I keep it at the top because in theory that will prompt me to use it.)

So I think I've got a bit of everything in there, including a lot I should either use or delete, but only 2 of those tabs are full (one of the equipment ones and the book one). I could probably have two empty tabs if I condensed it a bit and 3 at least if I got on and used stuff I keep forgetting about.

8 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I'm curious what people keep in their bank that takes up so much space.

Probably hoarding everything that drops.  Adding more space is just going to encourage them to hoard more before they’re right back where they are now and need more space. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

One thing that adds up for me is the various collections for the Gen 1 legendary weapons.  I may get some drop, the description of the item itself doesn't say what it is really for, I toss it in the bank because I don't feel like dealing with it.  Then sometime in the future, I go through that pile of junk and find out is is for something I don't plan to make or have already made, and don't need it.

I have a bunch for runes/sigils/insignia/inscriptions, just because I don't know how a future balance patch may change things and those become useful.

• Like 1