Colored Skins for The Binding of Ipos

phs.6089

I'm sure this was asked before but I couldn't find the topic on the forums.

Can we have colored skins for The Binding of Ipos? It's fancy looking legendary but the it only goes with necro really.

Can we have blue for guardian, orange for ele, pink for mesmer, white for ummmmh  dunno, everyone?😉

Edited by phs.6089
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

I make a periodic suggestion in the gem store suggestion thread. I would love to be able to purchase a focus skin based off Binding of IPOs, but with a white magic theme.

Because it would be a gem store skin, it wouldn’t have legendary footfalls or projectile reskins.

It would have a color scheme of leather and cream and gold. The eye would be replaced by a gem. Instead of the claw, the player’s hand would be obscured by a ball of magical energy and symbols.

I almost never by gemstore skins. I think I’ve bought one outfit and one armor set over the last ten years. But a skin like I described would get me to buy gems.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, crepuscular.9047 said:

The Binding of Ipos is as mystifying as it is venomous, dripping with ancient knowledge. Any warrior brave enough to carry this tome will be gifted with millennia of sinister magics.

For a focus that warriors can't use? Could the book be predicting the warrior's Elite Spec weapon in the 4th expansion? Even before reading that I did think it likely the focus would be used in Elite specs in the next expansion, being the only not aquatic one that isn't yet.

• Confused 1

If you're not evil enough then maybe you should not use it. 😜 

I would be so pissed if they sold an Ipos skin or similar in the gem store. 

Go make a Gen3 if you want different colors to a legendary. 

Although I will agree that they are way past due for making all weapons dyeable. I would even pay for that.

Ipos looks perfect on my evil little mesmer.  😈 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Funky.4861 said:

They don't have the tech/political motivation to implement dye channels for weapons. We can reskin it ofc with trans charges, but it's hardly the same as dyeing the flames a different colour.

You don't need trans charges for it, it's a legendary.

I've never understood why they never added dye channels for weapons. Literally was a feature in the 1st game, not very advanced but I had a lime green chaos axe that was totally fantastic. Now I'm not one to constantly compare the titles as they are similar in name alone, but are you telling me it was that hard to do? Don't give me the bantha poodoo about too many weapons. If they had added the option from the start they would have easily been able to keep up. Just like with armor and other things.

Edited by patton the great.7126
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, patton the great.7126 said:

If they had added the option from the start they would have easily been able to keep up.

That's the problem with software. You don't add something at the beginning and then it can become a huge pain to do later because you were probably rushed and didn't have time to consider what might be wanted down the line.

Not to sound like I'm defending them though. Without knowing what their code looks like in detail, I find it hard to believe they can't allocate some resources to adding a feature like this, just gradually over time if it's too much to QA all at once. I find it a lot easier to believe it's that they don't actually want to because it's easier to keep making BL skins that seem fresh for years to come.

• Confused 1

On 8/27/2022 at 5:12 PM, Funky.4861 said:

They don't have the tech/political motivation to implement dye channels for weapons. We can reskin it ofc with trans charges, but it's hardly the same as dyeing the flames a different colour.

no need for transmutation charges when it comes to legendaries.

Nope, putting legendary skins/recolors in gemstore is a terrible idea, never do it, thanks. If anything gen 3 was done correctly when it comes to different flavors of the same leggy weapons.

On 8/27/2022 at 7:04 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

and looked significantly different

OP asks for recolors of that skin,  it would not "look significantly different". 🙄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 8/27/2022 at 10:29 AM, phs.6089 said:

I'm sure this was asked before but I couldn't find the topic on the forums.

Can we have color skins for The Binding of Ipos? It's fancy looking legendary but the it only goes with necro really.

Can we have blue for guardian, orange for ele, pink for mesmer, white for ummmmh  dunno, everyone?😉

slippery slope idea unfortunately.

If devs were to (for some reason) agree to recolouring this particular weapon or giving it several colour options, then you'd get a fair amount of backlash if they didn't also do the same for all gen1/gen2 legendries. We're then looking at creating several versions of those skins... lets say 4 per weapon = 64 for gen2 and 84 for gen1 (numbers may not be accurate but are in the same ballpark).

Although I understand where you're coming from, I just see this as an insane amount of effort and work for a miniscule aesthetic improvement.

Personally if devs said they would put all other projects on hold for 2 years to "recolour some weapon skins" I would be rather unhappy.

On 8/27/2022 at 7:12 PM, Funky.4861 said:

You guys and gals are missing the point. Not a die channel to color but skin. Like gen3 has. Maybe some collection to unlock skins but legendary skins. Not die colors, not cash shop skin.

On 8/31/2022 at 4:37 AM, phs.6089 said:

You guys and gals are missing the point. Not a die channel to color but skin. Like gen3 has. Maybe some collection to unlock skins but legendary skins. Not die colors, not cash shop skin.

Well that wasn't clear at all; you're basically asking for an aurene-type lege weapon collection. This is not what you originally asked for; which was just a way to change the colour.

On 8/27/2022 at 6:59 PM, patton the great.7126 said:

I've never understood why they never added dye channels for weapons. Literally was a feature in the 1st game, not very advanced but I had a lime green chaos axe that was totally fantastic. Now I'm not one to constantly compare the titles as they are similar in name alone, but are you telling me it was that hard to do? Don't give me the bantha poodoo about too many weapons. If they had added the option from the start they would have easily been able to keep up. Just like with armor and other things.

Indeed. They did not code it in from the start and would require a great deal of work to be able to add it in retroactively. There have been dev posts where they metaphorically kick themselves over the error this represents.

• phs.6089 changed the title to Colored Skins for The Binding of Ipos
8 hours ago, Funky.4861 said:

Well that wasn't clear at all; you're basically asking for an aurene-type lege weapon collection. This is not what you originally asked for; which was just a way to change the colour.

That is my English failed me again. No I'm suggesting skins with different colors that can be unlocked trough some collection/achievements etc.

4 hours ago, phs.6089 said:

That is my English failed me again. No I'm suggesting skins with different colors that can be unlocked trough some collection/achievements etc.

Yea easiest to get something implemented from Anet is to say hey can you put recolours of legendary weapons in the gemstore for like 2400 gems please.

Ofcourse you can only see them if  you unlocked said base legendary already otherwise people would think you could buy legendary weapons for gems.

Then in turn call it pay to win.