Could we get a better rifle/pistol sound?

Valisha.8650

Title. The current sound does not resemble an actual firearm, like, at all. Neither a modern gun, nor a black powder weapon. Believe me or not, but audio aesthetics are just as important as the visual ones, since the playtime on a character can go into hundreds, if not thousands of hours. There is a TON of all sorts of firearms gunshot sounds available online, either for free or costing a small purchase fee. I doubt the cost of making the change would go higher than ~100$ for anet, in return granting us a more pleasing experience.

(To be fair I would not mind paying gems for a different sound unlock)

Example;

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

I like Aurene’s Persuasion sound. It surprised me first time I heard it. So now all I can do on my mechanist is run around in open world spamming my skills. Even if no mob is there. It’ll probably take a few days before I get tired of doing that 👀 Poor ambient creatures never knew what hit them. yes I should probably go outside and touch some grass now and listen to birds chirping 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

I like Aurene’s Persuasion sound. It surprised me first time I heard it. So now all I can do on my mechanist is run around in open world spamming my skills. Even if no mob is there. It’ll probably take a few days before I get tired of doing that 👀 Poor ambient creatures never knew what hit them. yes I should probably go outside and touch some grass now and listen to birds chirping 

Never forget that if the grass could eat you it would.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Freya.9075 said:

Since you are running around spreading Aurene’s Persuasion. When can we start Aurene's Cult that rival Human Gods?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

It's a fantasy world with bouncing rabbit mounts and walking salads. I'm personally glad they don't sound authentic to where I feel like I need to go put in a pair or ear plugs for the range.  

Pew pew.

Just because something is not exactly realistic, doesn't mean it has to sound like a 10-for-2$ firecracker from Wish, you know.

I guess you play with ear plugs in all shooter games?

5 minutes ago, Valisha.8650 said:

Just because something is not exactly realistic, doesn't mean it has to sound like a 10-for-2$ firecracker from Wish, you know.

I guess you play with ear plugs in all shooter games?

Yes, it really adds to the real world feel 😉

Lol just hasn't really bothered me in GW2, as it's not intended to be realistic or frankly to even mimic reality.  If I am playing a game that is going for historical accuracy or realism, then I expect it to sound like an actual firearm.  GW2 I expect pew pew...pop pop.  

6 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

There is a wide variety of ammunition and guns for many different combinations of resulting sounds. The most inaccurate part is the consistency. A coilgun should not sound the same as a flintlock. Then there are the "rifles" that look more like a shotgun

I agree on the consistency.  They could definitely do better on that.