Increase the Guild "joined" limit to 10

• 8 months later...
20 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Won’t you be able to wvw without a guild anymore?

I don't think you will "need" a guild for WvW, it'll just match you randomly if you don't. Making being in a guild a requirement for WvW would be weird...

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Won’t you be able to wvw without a guild anymore?

OP is either misinformed or trying to mislead to support their goal.

Not having/specifying a WvW guild just means you won't be guaranteed to be on the same server as a specific group of other people.

Actually, I think it should be like this: You can only be in ONE guild at a time, BUT you can "friend" an infinite number of guilds. If you're a friend of a guild, then you can see the MOTD, member list, and participate in the guild chat. That's it. Guild friends will have a designation next to their name in chat showing that they are only a guild friend.

Edited by Arnox.5128
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

While it's easy to ask "where to draw the line" I do honestly think that 5 is not enough for the current state of the game. Even breaking the game into relatively large chunks you have:
Core game metas
HoT metas (VB should possibly even be its own thing)
HoT raids
PoF metas (Some like Serpent's Ire are nearly impossible to find outside guild runs, of particular note)
PoF raids
Strikes
EoD metas (DE might be its own thing again)
EoD Strike CM's (since some of these are again very hard to find outside statics)
WvW
sPvP

Chances are most guilds focus on one, maybe two of these things. And that's ignoring the fact that maybe having the ability to have themed/hangout guilds on top is a good thing as well.
There's just nowhere near enough ability to play and socialize with people in relevant activities via guilds.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SolarDragon.7063 said:

While it's easy to ask "where to draw the line" I do honestly think that 5 is not enough for the current state of the game. Even breaking the game into relatively large chunks you have:
Core game metas
HoT metas (VB should possibly even be its own thing)
HoT raids
PoF metas (Some like Serpent's Ire are nearly impossible to find outside guild runs, of particular note)
PoF raids
Strikes
EoD metas (DE might be its own thing again)
EoD Strike CM's (since some of these are again very hard to find outside statics)
WvW
sPvP

Chances are most guilds focus on one, maybe two of these things. And that's ignoring the fact that maybe having the ability to have themed/hangout guilds on top is a good thing as well.
There's just nowhere near enough ability to play and socialize with people in relevant activities via guilds.

You can always join discord communites for some of those no need for more guilds.

39 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You can always join discord communites for some of those no need for more guilds.

You can do anything outside the game, but still I like to do game things inside the game.

The main point of a guild seems to me: you get another communication channel and I like to do that in the game and not via external tools.

selling some more guild slots in the gem shop looks quite natural to me.

• Confused 3

20 minutes ago, Xephir.7635 said:

get out of those useless guilds.

The amount of useful guilds is much higher than 5 (of course some aspects can maybe combined, but that doesn't only depend on you)

1. Personal Storage Guild/Shared Storage for your Alt Accounts
  2. Guild with HoT-Hall (make the Heart of Maguuma resouce garthering dailies fast)
  3. Guild with PoF-Hall (make the Desert resouce garthering dailies fast)
  4. WvW Guild
  5. Alliance Guild (still needed, as long as your wvw-guild cannot join an alliance)
  6. PvE/X main Guild
  7. The dead guild(s) kept for sentimental reason (and to notice when old companions come back to the game)
  8. Raid static/learn Guild
  9. Strike static/learn Guild
  10. Fraktal static/learn Guild
  11. PvE Community Guild (like 3-H Worm orga)
  12. Role Playing Guild
  13. ...

And I am sure other people have other uses as well.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 6/10/2023 at 2:32 PM, vares.8457 said:

Exactly. 
Five guilds is more than enough. 

What's the reason of your argumentless post to restrict of other people?

Are you a guild leader that has trouble getting members? Fear they leave your guild when they know to many alternatives? When people can have twice as many guild-slots, guilds can have automatically twice as many members 😉

Otherwise I don't really see a harm in having unused guild slots.

edit: ah a downvote 🙂 another I’m against without argument 😉

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

What's the reason of your argumentless post to restrict of other people?

Are you a guild leader that has trouble getting members? Fear they leave your guild when they know to many alternatives? When people can have twice as many guild-slots, guilds can have automatically twice as many members 😉

Otherwise I don't really see a harm in having unused huild slots.

I am not a guild leader. 

13 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

The amount of useful guilds is much higher than 5 (of course some aspects can maybe combined, but that doesn't only depend on you)

2. Guild with HoT-Hall (make the Heart of Maguuma resouce garthering dailies fast)
  4. WvW Guild
  5. Alliance Guild (still needed, as long as your wvw-guild cannot join an alliance)
  6. PvE/X main Guild
  7. The dead guild(s) kept for sentimental reason (and to notice when old companions come back to the game)
  12. Role Playing Guild
  13. ...

This list is nonsense, sorry. 
You can have a WvW guild with HoT guild hall and your PvE guild can have a PoF guild hall, my raid guild is the same as my strike and fractals guild. 
The vast majority of players don’t do RP, no need for a RP guild. And I don’t see the need to be part of a dead guild for sentimental reasons, just lol 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

This list is nonsense, sorry. 
You can have a WvW guild with HoT guild hall and your PvE guild can have a PoF guild hall,

Yeah. as I said:

16 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

of course some aspects can maybe combined, but that doesn't only depend on you

Should I leave my WvW guild with HoT guild hall, just because the leader now likes an EoD guildhall?

How well you can combine these factors doesn't depend on you.

Your only argument still is: I don't need it, therefore others should not get it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Dayra.7405 said:

Yeah. as I said:

Should I leave my WvW guild with HoT guild hall, just because the leader now likes an EoD guildhall?

How well you can combine these factors doesn't depend on you.

Your only argument still is: I don't need it, therefore others should not get it.

You really don’t need an extra guild just for daily maaguma or desert resource gatherer. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

You really don’t need an extra guild just for daily maaguma or desert resource gatherer. 

It is definitely not you to decide what I need or want. Restrict yourself to decide what you need or want. 😉

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

It is definitely not you to decide what I need. Restrict yourself to decide what you need. 😉

Yeah I only need five guild slots. For me guilds are about the social aspect. I definitely don’t need an extra guild just to do one daily a bit faster, that’s ridiculous 🤣

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

4. WvW Guild
  6. PvE/X main Guild
  12. Role Playing Guild
  13. ...

Oh if you want to break it down that way, are you sure 10 is enough? How about a guild for each race? A guild for each profession? A guild for each gender? A guild for non-binary gender? A guild for each of the LGBTQIA+ group? The list can go on and on...

Yep, this is nonsense.

Edited by Min Min.9368
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1