Elves, flying Rainbow Kitties, Top Gun sunnies ... yet no Horse mount skin?!

Ashantara.8731

To be fair there wasnt any lore (that Ive seen at least) supporting the existence of Springer, Skimmer, Jackal, or Rollerbeetle mounts before they were introduced for PCs well into the existence of the game. Raptors and Griffons had existed but not as mounts until that option was introduced as well. There has been more lore for horses prior to the addition of mounts than for any of the options we have today.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I love horses so I would love some horse skins 😮

I am in horse community for a few different games now, BDO and RDR2 for example. People play these games purely for the horse aspect alone. If GW2 had a few good horses skins they could bring in a lot from that kind of community ^^ They come just for the joy of riding around and enjoying the horse. Horse breeding was why I started BDO for example, I only got into the rest of the game after training horses for over 6 months! The BDO horse enjoyers also drop a scary amount of money because breeding is expensive with the help of cash shop items ^^" 

Friesian horse mount skin please, they are so majestic and I have not seen an MMO use this breed for their horses yet! A lot of games get their proportions all weird and the movement poor too. I think GW2 could make a very good horse! 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

To be fair there wasnt any lore ... supporting the existence of ... Rollerbeetle mounts before they were introduced for PCs

GW1 had rollerbeetle racing.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Rollerbeetle_Racing

You could even get one as a pet later on. https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Racing_Beetle

Edited by squeegee.4320
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Why would you link a wiki article that contradicts your own point?

Maybe read the wiki link?

Horses are four-legged equines which are presently not seen in the accessible regions of Tyria. They have been historically used by humans as mounts and beasts of burden,

So at this monent there are no horses on tyria anymore I guess the Charr ate them all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Hmph.😞 Still, the dialogue about horses at Dwayna waypoint in DR is still there and won't go anywhere. 🙂

"Other games have it" is not a valid argument. If it was, we wouldn't have cutesy-wootsy kitty jade bots and other furry crap, nor would they introduce a lore-breaking thing like elven ears (there are definitely no elves in Tyria).

GREAT point!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Maybe read the wiki link?

Horses are four-legged equines which are presently not seen in the accessible regions of Tyria. They have been historically used by humans as mounts and beasts of burden,

So at this monent there are no horses on tyria anymore I guess the Charr ate them all.

Meatoberfest...well you know.

• Haha 8
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Meatoberfest...well you know.

🤣 You monster!

Anyway, the whole "exists/doesn't exist" discussion is soooo beside the point of this thread. As we already assessed, 99% of mount cosmetics "don't exist" in the world of Tyria. So, even if horses didn't exist, we could still get a decent horse mount skin for the horse lovers -- one more lore breaker won't kill you sissies. 😄

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

Of all the fantastical creatures that can exist in a high fantasy universe like Tyria, why in the world does anyone want a dumb horse?

More in-game creatures as mounts would be fantastic, though. The Sand Lion jackal, the Balthazar Hound, the Mordrem Wolf, the Kirin, are all great starts. I guess you can argue the Nian warclaws are lore appropriate too as they were a creature in GW1 and are depicted in Cantha with the exact same model. Still hoping for Sylvari Fern Hound as a jackal skin someday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1