Living World Season 4 - November 28th!

Kronos.3695

Oh, so we're going to have new maps? I didn't see any new maps in the trailer so I assumed that it would be like LS1 with the PoF maps. And that volcano where we left Taimi's (shouldn't it be in pieces by now?) dragon-killing machine.All I saw was our current PoF maps burning... I dunno, maybe ANet will just literally set everything on fire :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Embered.5089 said:Oh, so we're going to have new maps? I didn't see any new maps in the trailer so I assumed that it would be like LS1 with the PoF maps. And that volcano where we left Taimi's (shouldn't it be in pieces by now?) dragon-killing machine.All I saw was our current PoF maps burning... I dunno, maybe ANet will just literally set everything on fire :D

Actually we will find out if a new map is coming next week. What we got isn't really a trailer. It is just a teaser.

Honestly, I'm surprised that we're getting LS4 so soon considering that Wintersday is just next month. I'd have expected LS4 to resume in January. Still, not complaining. Be interesting to see what happens next, and whether there's any lingering fallout from Balthazar's death especially in terms of reactions from Kryta.

@Embered.5089 said:Oh, so we're going to have new maps? I didn't see any new maps in the trailer so I assumed that it would be like LS1 with the PoF maps. And that volcano where we left Taimi's (shouldn't it be in pieces by now?) dragon-killing machine.All I saw was our current PoF maps burning... I dunno, maybe ANet will just literally set everything on fire :D

They said that from the Living Story 3 going on, we're going to get a map every episode release.Since then we got 6 maps out of 6 episodes, so I suppose (and I hope) the trend will continue that way.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:It looks like Crystal Oasis is getting "branded"And please don't tell me it's a map further south.

We are going SOUTH.

Not judging by that trailer. What we see in the trailer is 100% Amnoon

Exactly! That could mark only the beginning of the Living World Season 4 where the story line will start. Kralkatorrik was noted, by the Commander after Balthazar's defeat, 'branding' more of the desert. On the old map the branded trail ended at The Tomb Of Primeval Kings/Glint's Lair. On the new map the trail has progressed further south into the desert and into Vabbi, ending around the Kodash Bazaar (which is considerably further south and past the Crystal Desert). This would most likely be the starting point for Kralkatorrik's flight and since Kourna and Istan are not desert-like, my opinion would be Kralkatorrik flew NORTH out of Vabbi, over the desert (again), and it would not surprise me if parts of this season will turn out to be played in areas like Blazeridge Mountains (east of the Iron Marches) or even the Blood Legion Homelands. We'll just have to wait and see....

Ok nice, living story again after season 3 and PoF (which was a big living story). Happy to see that but what about WvW new contents, PvP and new HL PvE (raids, dungeon, etc.)? I think it's a little bit more important than the living story, I hope we will not have again a new map to farm a new money, but a new map with a real new content =).

I expect to see dragonbrand and branded minions everywhere. And I hope it brings raids, maps, collections, new generation of legendary armor and weapons.Also I hope to see a new underwater mount with new mastery tracks. They have to bring some cool mastery tracks which improve overall QoL as well. And they should be usable everywhere.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Game of Bones.8975 said:I'll take any date for the roll-out, but this close to a (US) holiday I would have really liked a week earlier.

Sorry, you family wrote in and said they wanted you at the family dinner, not playing games. So based on that, we... ok, ok, I kid. :D

They they all gather around the computer and watch the gameplay and is all intrigued......then someone forgot the turkey in the oven and now it's scorched black......anyone a level 400 Chef?

• ArenaNet Staff

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:I'll take any date for the roll-out, but this close to a (US) holiday I would have really liked a week earlier.

Sorry, you family wrote in and said they wanted you at the family dinner, not playing games. So based on that, we... ok, ok, I kid. :D

They they all gather around the computer and watch the gameplay and is all intrigued......then someone forgot the turkey in the oven and now it's scorched black......anyone a level 400 Chef?

Exactly! And Aunt Minnie in the corner muttering "Computer games! Bah!"

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Butch.4957 said:I want an Aurene skin for the Griffon! I wanna ride Aurene around the maps! Plz Anet Plz!

That will come sooner or later but since it's not a simple re-skin it will probably be 2k gems deal like the reforged jackal

In a way it would somewhat be a re-skin. Just have to take Aurene's model and set her bone structure to the Griffons.Don't need a seat or anything. Just let me get on her back all natural-like and fly around.

I would assume un-dyable, even though I would be 100% fine with that.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Game of Bones.8975 said:I'll take any date for the roll-out, but this close to a (US) holiday I would have really liked a week earlier.

Yeah and we're having Thanksgiving at my house this year, so my wife says no gaming for at least while everyone is eating.It's Thanksgiving!!! People will be eating from 10 am until either the food is gone or the football games are over!

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

That's when the Level 500 Chef orders pizza!

A question: how will it work for people who didn't buy PoF yet? Will they unlock the content to be played once they buy PoF later on, or it will remain locked unless they buy it with gems, even if they were online during the release?Obviously this question works if the content will stay in game, unlike LW1.

@Urud.4925 said:A question: how will it work for people who didn't buy PoF yet? Will they unlock the content to be played once they buy PoF later on, or it will remain locked unless they buy it with gems, even if they were online during the release?

For season 3, everyone who logged in during an active episode had it unlocked for free, although HoT was required to actually play it. They should be requiring the expansion to unlock it for free, but ArenaNet isn't actually trying to sell the living world, it's just an incentive to login.

Archived