Is Bitterfrost Frontier's Icebound Chests better than Silverwaste as a gold farm?

AyunaAni.5071

Title.

I've been opening chest in Bitterfrost Frontier for quite a while now and I'm seriously starting to think it's better than Silverwaste. Instead of tagging events, waiting for the chest train, you can open chests in Bitterfrost Frontier for an unlimited amount of time as long as you have 3-4 characters you can switch to before the meta restarts.

Furthermore, you can open chests at a rate of 1 per 5 seconds and it contains more or less 4 unidentified gears: blue, green, and rare every chest. And instead of buying keys, you can just open it with a torch where you can light up called Braziers, and these braziers have event rewards as well, and they give you unidentified gear rewards as well.

Also combined with the fact that there's a chance you can get Winterberries and a guaranteed chance of getting Unbound Magic. 

So question is, am I overestimating? Is Bitterfrost Frontier really better than Silverwaste in terms of gold per hour? Have anyone tested this out? 

Edited by AyunaAni.5071
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

accordly to farming sites, no... but if u are interested in ascended trinkets, yes.

Hello, 

What farm site are you basing it on? If you mean fast.farming-community, I don't think they have database on the Icebound chests. Only the "Winterberry Farm". I also have not read any threads or forums about this topic so I'm even more curious. 

• AyunaAni.5071 changed the title to Is Bitterfrost Frontier's Icebound Chests better than Silverwaste as a gold farm?
11 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Just curious...what is a 'guaranteed chance'?  I mean is the reward guaranteed, or is there a chance for the reward?

unbound magic is a currency for season 3, just like volatile magic for season 4.

Edit: I saw your 22k posts indicator and a laughing reaction, so I think I might be missing a joke.

Edited by Gehenna.3625

3 hours ago, AyunaAni.5071 said:

Title.

I've been opening chest in Bitterfrost Frontier for quite a while now and I'm seriously starting to think it's better than Silverwaste. Instead of tagging events, waiting for the chest train, you can open chests in Bitterfrost Frontier for an unlimited amount of time as long as you have 3-4 characters you can switch to before the meta restarts.

Furthermore, you can open chests at a rate of 1 per 5 seconds and it contains more or less 4 unidentified gears: blue, green, and rare every chest. And instead of buying keys, you can just open it with a torch where you can light up called Braziers, and these braziers have event rewards as well, and they give you unidentified gear rewards as well.

Also combined with the fact that there's a chance you can get Winterberries and a guaranteed chance of getting Unbound Magic. 

So question is, am I overestimating? Is Bitterfrost Frontier really better than Silverwaste in terms of gold per hour? Have anyone tested this out? 

Bitterfrost is the best solo farming map, imo. Easy mobs which are easily avoided for very fast chest farming, no keys needed, vast open area where chests can be easily spotted. Unlimited chest farming if you have multiple alts, except those period interrupted by the storms and meta. In addition, all characters on account can farm winterberry and volatile magic orbs daily (subjected to individual soft-reset).

Tips on Winterberry farming: Use tools with Reaping Glyphs. In, reap, mounted and away before the mobs can even react.

Tips on chest farming at several areas: Use mount stealth to get to chest, farm, mount and run. Don't waste time fighting. (For avoiding drakes and Elementals). Wait a few seconds for Vets to get out of range on their patrols.

Tips on additional gold: Any time you see brazier events with Shield Icon, don't ignore them. Kill 3 mobs for gold, 2 for silver and 1 for bronze chests. Can do it RIBA style if you want; just kill 3 and move. Let others finish the events since they can be done very very fast. Chests from these are usually worth 5 to 30X that of icebound chests.

Tips on farming Unbound Magic orbs especially for Daily: Use a skimmer and go underwater. Fast and easy with 33 orbs there.

26 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

Bitterfrost is utterly boring though. As a map, as a farm train, just as a whole.

Best map to practice Roller Beetle moves, good Griffon practice map for beginners and ride the ley-line merry-go-round high above the the open ice for free. Tons of fun for beginners.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

The chests are very good, yes, probably not the best but it's easy, plop on a few movement skills for when you get aggro, have your raptor at the ready and go nuts, once upon I got Dusk and I was instantly almost 400 gold richer!

It's just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tedious, I usually only do the berries once a day on my Daredevil for mobility,  I main Thief but even if I didn't I'd still do it cause my god, the amount of mobs is insane, I've seen goddamn groups of Griffons spawn RIGHT behind me as I'm harvesting berries

16 minutes ago, Mortime.1359 said:

As someone who never farms for gold I have to ask, at which point does it stop being a game and starts being a job?

Game? ....Oh, you're actually serious. 😲

But in all seriousness, each meta cycle is 1 hour, which means if SuavePuppy.2809 used alts to do 1 rotation, that's hardly any more difficult, time-consuming or tedious than most of the other form of farming. Be it at metas, instanced events or just basic running around.

Edited by Silent.6137

11 hours ago, AyunaAni.5071 said:

Hello, 

What farm site are you basing it on? If you mean fast.farming-community, I don't think they have database on the Icebound chests. Only the "Winterberry Farm". I also have not read any threads or forums about this topic so I'm even more curious. 

https://fast.farming-community.eu/keys/no-key/icebound-chest

13 hours ago, Mortime.1359 said:

As someone who never farms for gold I have to ask, at which point does it stop being a game and starts being a job?

Guess it really depends on whether or not you enjoy it. But from this I also get winterberries and unbound magic for trinkets for all my toons. There are plenty of ways of getting gold - this is just one that I do when I'm chillin'

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your response everyone! That was very insightful and funny. Guess I'll continue doing Bitterfrost then :>
Good huntings!

On 9/25/2022 at 7:52 AM, Silent.6137 said:

Tips on Winterberry farming: Use tools with Reaping Glyphs. In, reap, mounted and away before the mobs can even react.

Tips on chest farming at several areas: Use mount stealth to get to chest, farm, mount and run. Don't waste time fighting. (For avoiding drakes and Elementals). Wait a few seconds for Vets to get out of range on their patrols.

Tips on additional gold: Any time you see brazier events with Shield Icon, don't ignore them. Kill 3 mobs for gold, 2 for silver and 1 for bronze chests. Can do it RIBA style if you want; just kill 3 and move. Let others finish the events since they can be done very very fast. Chests from these are usually worth 5 to 30X that of icebound chests.

Tips on farming Unbound Magic orbs especially for Daily: Use a skimmer and go underwater. Fast and easy with 33 orbs there.

Best map to practice Roller Beetle moves, good Griffon practice map for beginners and ride the ley-line merry-go-round high above the the open ice for free. Tons of fun for beginners.

Also, thanks a lot for this one, much needed!

On 9/25/2022 at 7:47 PM, Mortime.1359 said:

I play it while i'm at work, I just wait around for the night champion killing time so I guess it is my job......?

On 9/25/2022 at 12:52 PM, Silent.6137 said:

This Skimmer isn't only good for underwater orb farming but it is by far the best mount for collecting chests and berries since it does not have an AoE dismount (its like a weird line attack). This mean you will not enter combat and able to mount up right away.

Edited by Mell.4873

Note that you can dismount on any mount without having it do its attack if there is an object to interact with, or if you try to summon another mount (in my case, I have different keypad numbers summon the different mounts, so going to a different mount is easy).

I think however that for BF, you don't have any option to use the torch to melt the chests if mounted, so interaction does not work for those, but will still work if you are harvesting berries.

• Like 2