What is the proof that Anet hates Thief?

Squeesidhe.4761

4 hours ago, Bern.9613 said:

How do you figure giving me something I already had as a buff? What they did was disembowel my ability to control the fight by forcing thief to not use stealth and DID NOT compensate with invulns, blocks, boon generation, retal, heal increase/trait for no particular reason, removed cd reductions, increase in starting hp pool. Tell you what, you give that single, dirty $1 bill and I'll give you 5 of these shiny new dimes. That's straight up better, 5 dimes in exchange for 1 $1 bill. Deal?

That's risky choosing to not use Stealth. I use it to drop as a target or for map travel and staggering Stealth for Stealth modifiers feels better than before. If I was the type of player who drops combat a lot to camp in stealth to wait for overwhelming odds then I might have a problem with it right now, but I feel like most people still have a system are doing fine with it. 

• Confused 1

the last patch is best joke ever Anet Devs hate thiefs and loves their mechs it is what it is and to all devs you suck at your job really hard .

only thief get hard nerv at 4.10 and all other gets buffs or even better but thief mh what can we do to nerv it more and kitten the ppl that play this class as main......

and to if dont like like it what i say here then bann me pls then the game is done 4 me and i will never ever look back at this bs devs !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/12/2022 at 1:24 PM, Bern.9613 said:

How do you figure giving me something I already had as a buff? What they did was disembowel my ability to control the fight by forcing thief to not use stealth and DID NOT compensate with invulns, blocks, boon generation, retal, heal increase/trait for no particular reason, removed cd reductions, increase in starting hp pool. Tell you what, you give that single, dirty $1 bill and I'll give you 5 of these shiny new dimes. That's straight up better, 5 dimes in exchange for 1 $1 bill. Deal?

Stealth as a defensive tool sucks. Any good player can and will punish you for trying to stealth up, it was mostly a non-combat tool anyway. Thats why whenever you do enter stealth, you want to leave stealth ASAP. And now, they made that a lot stronger. You get the condi cleanse, the heal, the initiative, all immediately without having to stay in stealth. Thats a lot stronger.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Ele shouldn't have got sword, cuz war already had sword so ele didn't need it, ranger and ele shouldn't have got hammers, but warrior had hammer so they didn't need it. Rev didn't need greatsword as Warrior already has one so wasn't needed. All these weapons and more were added by popular request of the players, DE is no different. I love the logic of some players, I hope he's trolling. Every ranged spec was in no need of access to melee weapons and vice versa lol.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/6/2022 at 1:05 PM, JaxLeo.7912 said:

to me one of the biggest proofs is how they refer to thief as the "selfish" class (as seen in many of the streams showing previews of gameplay), Guild Wars 2 is a game that is inherently social by design, and here's the thing, social games always have an issue with selfishness.
for example: let's imagine a D&D campaign, you and a group of people are playing together, one of them chooses to play a selfish character, in his selfishness he is likely to end up sabotaging or betraying the group, thus causing frustration to you and the rest of the players, and in the end nobody will have fun due to that one player and the Game Master for allowing that kind of gameplay in the first place.

Weird, when I think of selfish game-ruining classes, I think of Necromancer minions or ranger pets. Throw in a stray rune of golamancy or two, and now your group can't stack/move npc's.

Maybe Thief needs game-ruining winions to justify more nerfs?

• Confused 1

Thief players are the most mechanical adept in the game.

Facerolling casuals (necros) will always despise us

Rev's want to be us 

Guards pray we're there for the +1

Mesmers scramble when they see us

Engi's can't catch us

Ele's love/hate us

Who cares about rangers, most braindead, AI reliant class I've ever seen. 

Yep, that's all the classes. HAHA, eat it warrior.

• Confused 1

Thief is for players that are... well... lets say 'special' 😬. That is why not many people play it in WvW and that is why it is mostly ignored by other players there.

That is also the same reason why it is allowed to be broken. It is inconsequential at the moment.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

On 10/21/2022 at 4:11 PM, MaLong.2079 said:

Thief is for players that are... well... lets say 'special' 😬. That is why not many people play it in WvW and that is why it is mostly ignored by other players there.

That is also the same reason why it is allowed to be broken. It is inconsequential at the moment.

So it's for 'special' players by which you presumably mean players that aren't good enough to play other classes, and it's basically unplayed despite the fact that it's broken. Yep, makes total sense. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 10/5/2022 at 5:05 PM, Squeesidhe.4761 said:

Not referring to the nerfs - the hate is self-evident there. I mean things Anet has said in the past. I keep seeing reference to the fact that "Anet hates Thieves / wants to remove the entire class / has wanted it gone since game launch / no one on team plays Thief / etc."

Thief is a nightmare.

What I perceive as problems with thief;

1. It's super flimsy and it's defensive mechanic, stealth, is something nobody can deal with. NPCs don't deal with it in a satisfying manner and players (on the whole) struggle to deal with it.

2. It's got enormous burst potential. This is bad in competitive modes because there's no counter-play to something that comes from stealth, and the new design philosophy (as of last week) specifically states that they want counter-play and non-instant attacks. Where NPCs are concerned, the damage is good but it's not going to delete a boss without some defensive play.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it'd be nice if they let us get up to 50% speed but honestly with how cheap (for some reason abbreviating Deaths Advance is censorsed) is if you trait the initative on stealth (its 4 to place smoke and 2 to shadowstep so you get 2 back from stealth/unstealth and probably 1-2 more its maybe okay

Edited by Venport.3925