OJ's

AlCapwnd.7834

Just now, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Server where I first encountered it labeled it just after the color of the icon and people associated the color to the drink so, Orange Juice OJs. Whoever was the Wiki contributors thought along the same line. But the mileage will vary.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World

Make sense i guess. Thanks Grimm

6 hours ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

Where did the term come from? I've heard it meant "Oh Jesus" from way back in the beginning of the game. Anyone have any input?

I believe it was first uttered upon this world by the glorious Jedsus of Strike Force.  Just random musings from our lord and savior  who zerged for our wins, but spread on the winds as his words often did.

Interestingly I never heard the term "OJs" on international EU servers in all the years we have been linked with some. I mostly heard the terms "cross(es)", "orange", "swords".

I only ever heard "OJs" in twitch streams of NA players, so for me if someone uses "OJs" my first thought is that they must be an NA player (similar thing is the use of "driver" vs "commander" where I only ever hear/read NA players using the term driver). In NA streams I only ever heard the OJ = orang juice explanation.

That said on german servers we simply call it "Schlachtkreuz" = "battle cross" or some may use "Partykreuz" = "party cross".

Edited by Nauda.3678
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nauda.3678 said:

That said on german servers we simply call it "Schlachtkreuz" = "battle cross" or some may use "Partykreuz" = "party cross".

Dang..  I think I am gonna start using ‘party cross’.  Because that’s effectively how it’s viewed.  Party on the cross.  Nice!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

lol anet should make their version of the koolaid man but its oj man who runs around starting conflicts in the mists.

This is a joke but it could be a great tool to spice things up in wvw.

Random NPC just shows up yells out OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH and busts through all the gates/walls on something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/6/2022 at 5:23 PM, SFShinigami.1572 said:

I believe it was first uttered upon this world by the glorious Jedsus of Strike Force.  Just random musings from our lord and savior  who zerged for our wins, but spread on the winds as his words often did.

I've seen the term OJs used for as long as the game has been around, but since I spent my first 10 years on SBI...and Strike Force started out on SBI too...that would make sense.

Yeah, I specifically remember Jed saying it and everyone being like "buh?"  I don't know if he was the first utterance but it was the first time anyone else had heard it, and he was never on another server that early.  If I had to choose a person, he would be my best guess at who did it.  Its a very Jed thing to do.