GW2's biggest flaw

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Good luck then getting a pusher instead of handkiter. I'm sure it's gonna work just fiiine.

8 minutes ago, cyberzombie.7348 said:

Nah, the biggest flaw is that they never rollback anything. From content to class balancing.

Rollbacks represent a total catastrophic failure in software development.  See New World.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah, I don't see not. 

There's nothing preventing people from using both systems, just like people can use hot join (manually groups), unranked and ranked. 

I would also add, banning people selling runs with gold or real money like ff14 and wow.  The company could put more items in the open world like Chak egg to be solg for 10-20k instead 

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Pomdepin.7068 said:

The problem is that players always want the most optimized team composition and kick whoever doesn't meet the requirements. Then they complain it takes too much time and that the game is too easy...

I PUG instanced content (majority strikes) quite a bit and this doesnt match my experience on average. Mos5 pug groups just ask for heals, alac, and quickness, and then dps. Not much in the way of optimization as long as you can do one of those (and normally they arent asking how you are going to fulfill your role).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

such auto-groupfinder exists in swtor (star wars) game and works very well there.

you can enter what content you want to play, what role you have and then the tool merge you with other players who are looking for same content and fit from their role to yours so a team gets formed.

would work in gw2 as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

On 10/28/2022 at 12:00 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

I don't know how other MMOs do it but Elder Scrolls Online's group finder works purely on trust. It defaults to whichever role it thinks you are based on your currently equipped weapons but if you change it (or if you're not using the appropriate skills) the game will let you queue for whatever you claim to be.

Whether that's good or bad depends on the group you end up in. Some hate it and the forum is constantly full of complaints about 'fake' tanks and healers. Others actually like it because even though the game was nominally built around the old trinity system it's not relevant everywhere and often another damage dealer is preferable to a tank who won't have anything to do.

The problem of course is you don't get to choose which type of group you go into and the group doesn't get to choose who they get because there's no option for that (even though it's frequently requested). You just get put into the first group with a space and the game assumes that will work out. If it doesn't you have to leave and start over.

ESO's group finder works because I queue as a fake-tank, taunt the boss, give you fat heals while also doing triple your DPS.

In other words, no it does not work and its a horrible example. Its literal proof why the ''holy trinity'' of dps/tank/healer is literal trash design.

If you ask me, GW2 should have sticked to adding more fractals. While fractals have some annoying mechanics like AR the content itself is well designed and teaches good habits, forcing players to do teamwork, coordinate, pay attention to mechanics and do a little bit of positioning/dodging while at it.

Its just proof you can have a fun yet challenging dungeon experience without the need for a ''tank'' or a ''healer''.

Edited by rainhelm.3827
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

I agree, finding groups for everything is a pain, the whole UI of LFG is a pain i often dont even know where to click to find the right map i am on.

The far bigger problem for me is the whole system of support roles, dps, tanking based on toughness and the direction the game is heading. it was designed with NO holy trinity in place, yet they added content requiring it and some classes were never designed into this scheme, such as warrior.

Also giving boons and filling these roles, whole having to tag mobs with dps spells to receive loot, or farm specific runes etc just to be able to fulfill your role. I am just not fan of this system, there are 100 ways to make it more enjoyable and overall better

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Beowulf.4360 said:

yet they added content requiring it and some classes were never designed into this scheme, such as warrior.

Early into the game's life Warrior was the DPS in Dungeons, you either brought Warrior or you were out.
Currently Warrior can generate Quickness and can even tank as Spellbreaker(~15k DPS and 25 stacks of Might, not sure about Quickness uptime).
Before the banner rework Warrior was essentially a must have in every squad due to Banners.

• Like 3

On 10/29/2022 at 2:44 AM, Sarius.9285 said:

yea the LFG is totally amazing and there's no need to improve it...../s

Needing improvement and needing autogrouping are different things entirely. I agree LFG could use some love. The type of love is important however.  In a game where your entire role system is healer, tank and DPS, sure group finder can work. This game has other roles that are quite specific for which group finder doesn't work.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Needing improvement and needing autogrouping are different things entirely. I agree LFG could use some love. The type of love is important however.  In a game where your entire role system is healer, tank and DPS, sure group finder can work. This game has other roles that are quite specific for which group finder doesn't work.

thing is, this group finder doesn't have to be used for high end instanced content, it could be used for things like dungeons where your build doesn't matter, it could be used to teleport people to a meta event, by scanning through the listings that commanders put up, etc. 

Basically if we had an automatic tool for dungeons and similar content it could seriously revive them a bit 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

thing is, this group finder doesn't have to be used for high end instanced content, it could be used for things like dungeons where your build doesn't matter, it could be used to teleport people to a meta event, by scanning through the listings that commanders put up, etc. 

Basically if we had an automatic tool for dungeons and similar content it could seriously revive them a bit 

It's a fair point.  Of course, you don't really need a group finder, if you don't need specific roles because when I list dones they get filled. I'm not sure why a group finder would make that better.  Either people want to do a dungeon or they don't.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

It's a fair point.  Of course, you don't really need a group finder, if you don't need specific roles because when I list dones they get filled. I'm not sure why a group finder would make that better.  Either people want to do a dungeon or they don't.

because dungeon groups in reality don't fill unless it's Ascalon, TA or CoF P1.....as well as the mess that the dungeon lfg is with more categories than most addons

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

because dungeon groups in reality don't fill unless it's Ascalon, TA or CoF P1.....as well as the mess that the dungeon lfg is with more categories than most addons

I sure agree with the dungeon category being a bit annoying to navigate. I said it in the past that at the very least it could use some kind of "main" dungeon tab where all dungeon groups are listed. It's even more true right now, after the dungeon currencies were unified into one.

Maybe the clear distinction between dungeons in lfg is somehow supposed to help the newer players to find group specifically for the dungeon/path they want, but I'm not sure it's worth it. We can probably compare it to strike missions/raids/fractals (to slightly lesser extent I guess, because of the 4 subcategories... which still makes it 25 different fractal levels available per tab, when compared to ~24 total dungeon paths) and start wondering why dungeon lfg is still in the form it currently is. At this point, I'd probably be ok with dungeons lfg getting just two subcategories: story and explorable.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I mean it can work like in ESO where you tick the box of which role you want to apply as. But doubt they'll add it because it'll shatter that thin veil that the game doesn't have roles 🤣

The biggest flaw I find is that they have set up great opportunities for both content and lore then fail to build on them.

• Like 2

The improvement I would like to see:

• One-click access to the LFG. It's just really annoying that you have to click a button to open another screen and then click a tab in that screen again. It may not seem like much but I prefer that the LFG has it's own clickey in the top left of the screen.
  • Non-auto-collapsing categories when you re-open the LFG screen. It's annoying to check, say a specific dungeon or map meta, and after closing the LFG you have to re-open it all again when you take another peek at the same thing a few minutes later.
  • Tabs in the LFG. The list of categories is a bit too long. Maybe a couple of tabs would be handy, like OW stuff and Structured Group Content, for example. 

And none of that has to do with an automated GF because of the reasons @Vayne.8563already mentioned.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

The thing about gw2 is, that the roles are not as straight forward as tank/healer/dps.
We need to find a specific set of boons, some healers fill the tank role etc.

Not sure if this is something Anet is able to address that with a simple group finder.

A LFR doesn't  need any specific roles in this game .

It will be an easy inv 5/10 people and do the content (just like dungeons and Strikes)

If you look carefully the "roles" that the company listed :

a) They dont list tanks, because NPCs will auto attack randomly a team8s . And then he will do the aoes attack to the whole group .  If someone wants to use tank gear then he simply tanks the normal attacks .

b) Healers are optional , if people use their defensive specs (that most OW does) then they wont have a problem . They have to worry about 1-hit-ko attacks

c) The don't list kiters ...and i hope never again .... we dont want to repeat the Raid history where 9 people just dps the boss and 1 person does the job ...better to use the OW + Cm Temple formula , where ALL people should do the mechanics

The only minor thing , if people want to  speed up the kill-boss is to use Boons , otherwise the content like the Non-Cm strikes can be done without a problem . And people that want faster kills they can create parties throught Guilds or 3rd party tools that are using atm

(i hope we never again continue the Raid formula where you NEED TANK-HEALERS-BOONS ... lets forget that existed . kitten at the CM TEmple race , people rather than worrying about sending 6 people to stand of the green aoes and avoid the 1-hit-kos for the whole group  ... the worried about Quickness Uptime and tried to 1-shot the boss.... Lets move away from the Raid mentality plz)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

A LFR doesn't  need any specific roles in this game .

It will be an easy inv 5/10 people and do the content (just like dungeons and Strikes)

If you look carefully the "roles" that the company listed :

a) They dont list tanks, because NPCs will auto attack randomly a team8s . And then he will do the aoes attack to the whole group .  If someone wants to use tank gear then he simply tanks the normal attacks .

b) Healers are optional , if people use their defensive specs (that most OW does) then they wont have a problem . They have to worry about 1-hit-ko attacks

c) The don't list kiters ...and i hope never again .... we dont want to repeat the Raid history where 9 people just dps the boss and 1 person does the job ...better to use the OW + Cm Temple formula , where ALL people should do the mechanics

The only minor thing , if people want to  speed up the kill-boss is to use Boons , otherwise the content like the Non-Cm strikes can be done without a problem . And people that want faster kills they can create parties throught Guilds or 3rd party tools that are using atm

(i hope we never again continue the Raid formula where you NEED TANK-HEALERS-BOONS ... lets forget that existed . kitten at the CM TEmple race , people rather than worrying about sending 6 people to stand of the green aoes and avoid the 1-hit-kos for the whole group  ... the worried about Quickness Uptime and tried to 1-shot the boss.... Lets move away from the Raid mentality plz)

How about NO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

How about NO

How about  banning any form of selling raids with gold or real money , like FF14 and WoW , because if some "fraud you" (cassus belli) , the company cannot do much  ?

(the company can create more OW items like Comfetty and Chak and people should use the "official-safe trade mechanic")

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

How about  banning any form of selling raids with gold or real money , like FF14 and WoW , because if some "fraud you" (cassus belli) , the company cannot do much  ?

(the company can create more OW items like Comfetty and Chak and people should use the "official-safe trade mechanic")

Sure why not it dont hurt the people actualy doing the content in an way.

Please add more instance content were your preformance matter and ban selling to that too.

It only hurts the people who cant do it or dont want to learn it so good idea @Killthehealersffs.8940

Count how many infusions are in instanced content and compare it to open world bud, it is already the case that open world get more.

But what do this reply got to do with easy instanced content that anyone can do with zero effort?

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Sure why not it dont hurt the people actualy doing the content in an way.

Please add more instance content were your preformance matter and ban selling to that too.

It only hurts the people who cant do it or dont want to learn it so good idea @Killthehealersffs.8940

Count how many infusions are in instanced content and compare it to open world bud, it is already the case that open world get more.

But what do this reply got to do with easy instanced content that anyone can do with zero effort?

(i don't know .... rly ..

People give me answers they already know  deep down , but haven't thought activly .. Like for example we can use the LFR and combine with your quote "Sure why not it dont hurt the people actualy doing the content in an way." . Or use more words to defend something than a simply "NO"for LFR .)

We are doing some conversation while i wait for the next anime episode to load :

(Yamato nadeshiko Shichi Henge .

edit: maybe i should switch it up to "Ouran High School Host Club" that loads faster)

• Confused 2