Please stop players getting into keeps and towers with no siege

Karagee.6830

40 minutes ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

What is not bannable is allowed, have fun loosing upgraded keeps and towers! :classic_cool: Working as intended.

But then Anet should just come out and say it's ok: exploits are not hacks. Then we'd all be doing it and it would be fine. However as long as Anet sticks to the story this is bannable, then they need to act accordingly.

Interestingly I also caught the group probably doing it. Me and 2 other roamers killed all 6 of them. It's funny how it's always people who can't play resorting to these sort of things or who make towers and keeps into death stars building siege right up to the limit, isn't it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Karagee.6830 said:

But then Anet should just come out and say it's ok: exploits are not hacks. Then we'd all be doing it and it would be fine. However as long as Anet sticks to the story this is bannable, then they need to act accordingly.

That's why you do it on one of your many worthless F2P accounts instead of your main one.

2 hours ago, Karagee.6830 said:

Every now and again we need to bring this up so they don't think we forgot or think it's ok.

This type of thing is worse than the worst balance they ever managed to create.

I don't think anybody is ok with this (except the perpetrators of course), but I also don't think that people are going to put more energy into something that they know Anet is unable/unwilling to fix. It's not about anger for many of us but rather resignation or apathy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yesterday (31.10.2022) we had some group of players (5 or so) from guild Hunt For Pleasure [Hunt] from WSR server around 11 a.m. (UTC+1) exploiting into the green keep (teef portal exploit). Not once but twice or even more (wasn't camping whole day in keep).
Last week there was only 1 teef doing same exploit. 
I'll get probably banned for it but whatever, these kind of gibberish behaviour should be witch hunted by community.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

you can literally jump into the alpine garrisons.... reported it 3 years ago... still possible.... yeah...

I know there was a commander on Desolation who was doing trainings with a full blob of 40-50 players how to jump in Garri and towers

Edited by Daredevil.2745

2 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Yesterday (31.10.2022) we had some group of players (5 or so) from guild Hunt For Pleasure [Hunt] from WSR server around 11 a.m. (UTC+1) exploiting into the green keep (teef portal exploit). Not once but twice or even more (wasn't camping whole day in keep).
I'll get probably banned for it but whatever, these kind of gibberish behaviour should be witch hunted by community.

In before moderator locks the topic and says we should report them in-game. There's no way to report it in-game.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Svarty.8019 said:

In before moderator locks the topic and says we should report them in-game. There's no way to report it in-game.

Report for Botting per the help/support page 

• “Use the Botting reason if reporting someone who is cheating, hacking, or exploiting a bug for unintended gains. The Support Team will investigate further!“
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Svarty.8019 said:

Report for botting in-game. Make screenshots (or a video) and report the hacking also via email to support@arena.net and attach the screenshots to the email.

Anet will of course not respond to you about their methods and their findings. But after a player hacked a lot into our keeps and was reported, this hacking somehow stopped after the reports. Maybe it was coincidence, maybe not.

in NA theres a "notorious" guild that we caught hacking into SWT. We've (less of us) beat them back multiple times. Another guild also has many people go under the map right in front of you and pop up in a keep and port people inside. Ironically the guilds that do this have one of those guild names that you look at it and say "why am I not surprised".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/31/2022 at 9:15 PM, Morden Kain.3489 said:

Does PvD count as "no siege"? 😁

stack lots of mechanics and the awfull and the hatefull  camp charr  vehicle (forgot the name).. gates melt.

I reccall back in 2014 several engie turrets would melt a t2 to t3 gate, i think mechanics can reach almost the same effect  if reccall its dps wasnt reduced i think, perma quickness golem pvd on gate.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

16 hours ago, Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

in NA theres a "notorious" guild that we caught hacking into SWT. We've (less of us) beat them back multiple times. Another guild also has many people go under the map right in front of you and pop up in a keep and port people inside. Ironically the guilds that do this have one of those guild names that you look at it and say "why am I not surprised".

QQ? I stomped hadi a couple weeks ago after he and his friends did this. His pocket firebrand was just a little too slow to break in and save him rofl.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

stack lots of mechanics and the awfull and the hatefull  camp charr  vehicle (forgot the name).. gates melt.

Nickname Charr Car, real name Dune Roller. Still in line with rams and catapults for walls and gates. Requires multiple shots per 1% reduction. Louder than a cata or ram since its firing more often and has a higher pitch. Admit if a guild claims a camp and doesn't add buffs, that one I will throw in place since its mobile siege and it seems to be easy to lure people with since they feel the need to chase it, hence great bait. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
spelling
  • Haha 1

On 11/2/2022 at 3:25 AM, Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

I have also watched single toons, to entire squads use "Special Skills" to move around maps:

1.  Port an entire Squad of 40 to a friend across the map i.e. Teleport to a Friend... "Special skill"

2.  A Mes who is under the ground perma invis'd in fire keep.  

3.  It looked like someone was using a Druid skill with a cable attached to 30+ people to drag them around

4.  A FB who doesn't take any damage at all.  Many other classes who take no damage, or when they are downed flick some invis switch to instantly pop up to full health and all buffs. They will do this 2-3 times, then the smart ones finally die knowing somehow that skill  is not allowed.  And to the questionable people in this thread who are protecting them... NO no one was downed to enable them to RALLY.

------------------------------------------------------

5.  On and on..  Yet all I see are us HONEST people getting nerfed on FB, scrapper etc...  For example, how come my FB has 26k health and when I log into WvW I only have 23k?

6.  How come my 3600armor doesn't mean anything to damage. Especially condi, do they seep through my armor, I cannot wear a mask to contain the plague?

7.  My nerfed Scrapper at 21k health dies to a Necro axe 3, it hits me three times and I am downed?  WTkitten there?  Balance?  Allow these "Special Skills" but keep nerfing us.

8.  Anet needs to get their priorities corrected and fix these "Special Skills" before we even discuss or put resources into Balancing PVE, WvW or PVP.

Edited by Soupeod.5714

On 11/1/2022 at 2:33 PM, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

I don't wanna say anything about that guild that may get me in trouble, but they deserve to be exposed for what they really are. Let's just say they are towards the top of a personal list of mine and leave it at that...

Edited by Karagee.6830

As much as I'd like that to happen, its  nearly a pipedream to expect them to fix anything map-related. They can't even bother fixing the map jank in Desert bl like the Stoic outer comers blocking projectiles and de-rendering the map. Or like how's there's still random projectile obstructions in Alpine/EBG camps.