Which major, unrealistic feature would you gladly skip an expansion for?

Aodlop.1907

On 11/11/2022 at 5:17 PM, Aodlop.1907 said:

I'd be down with 2/3 years worth of no real content updates if I knew Anet was working on turning the game into an open world MMO.

Is that two thirds or two-to-three?

Edited by Svarty.8019
NOTHING WILL BE DONE
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

A big graphics and optimization improvement ! Make it so we can lower other players' particle effects so that it doesn't give people headaches and top 144 FPS with modern pc hardware. 

Edit: And rework all dungeons to make them worth doing and fun like modern encounters!

Edited by Pomdepin.7068

On 11/12/2022 at 4:21 AM, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

I think the name you were looking for OP was "single shard open world MMO", because GW2 is already "open world MMO" it is just not a single shard one.

As for the topic.... I don't think there is any special unrealistic feature I would love to have in the game....

Actually I think the word is seamless.

14 hours ago, Bern.9613 said:

Open world pvp. Nothing would be more satisfying then jumping in on a deadeye, like in Drizzlewood Coast, and sniping people.

But how would this work? In WoW you have clear factions with the horde and alliance, but in GW2, we are one big happy family.

You could maybe divide by race, but that just creates more problems as that would mean you could not group up with other races anymore.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scalacious.4139 said:

But how would this work? In WoW you have clear factions with the horde and alliance, but in GW2, we are one big happy family.

You could maybe divide by race, but that just creates more problems as that would mean you could not group up with other races anymore.

Just a free for all with major cities and built up encampments as "safe" zones. Guilds/alliances could fight for and control dungeons for a week earning gold for the guild/alliance. If this sounds familiar, it is. I played Rappelz 20+ yrs ago. Open world pvp is not as scary as some will have you believe. No doubt in my mind the ones venomously opposed to it are the first to berate a soldier but cry the loudest for help when they're in danger.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bern.9613 said:

Just a free for all with major cities and built up encampments as "safe" zones. Guilds/alliances could fight for and control dungeons for a week earning gold for the guild/alliance. If this sounds familiar, it is. I played Rappelz 20+ yrs ago. Open world pvp is not as scary as some will have you believe. No doubt in my mind the ones venomously opposed to it are the first to berate a soldier but cry the loudest for help when they're in danger.

So you want that for every other player on the map, that is not in your group or guild, to be your enemy? I don't think that that is a good idea, sorry. Instead of players helping each other in events, you would always be on the lookout for pvp enemies. Nobody would do any meta events.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scalacious.4139 said:

So you want that for every other player on the map, that is not in your group or guild, to be your enemy? I don't think that that is a good idea, sorry. Instead of players helping each other in events, you would always be on the lookout for pvp enemies. Nobody would do any meta events.

Nah you can flag up and kill guild members as well. Why are you and others like you, so afraid of pvp open world? You do realize death in a game doesn't equate to death irl, right? It just means learn, adapt, overcome and get out of your rut of same mechanics from every boss. Besides this is a hypothetical wish question but it sure did flush out the snowflakes, didn't it?

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Scalacious.4139 said:

Oh, if it is optional, like a menu setting, then I am all for it. I doubt more than 1% of the playerbase would use it though.

No he means everyone would have an option to flag up to enable them killing any other player, with other player only option there being wether or not they are able to successfully defend or not, akin to games like BDO. Which is a very.bad.idea.

1 hour ago, Bern.9613 said:

Why are you and others like you, so afraid of pvp open world? You do realize death in a game doesn't equate to death irl, right? It just means learn, adapt, overcome and get out of your rut of same mechanics from every boss.

Because it encourage toxic behaviours, kills other people enjoyment of the game, and nearly every game that tried it ends up being small niche of already niche market?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Bern.9613 said:

Why are you and others like you, so afraid of pvp open world?

As someone not liking pvp, (would even say I hate it) reason is I do not enjoy fighting other players. Not because I’m afraid of it, but since I personally embrace positive gameplay and not negative experiences and pure drama over who’s more “powerful and skilled”. I do not feel I have to prove to myself or others how “good” I am at a game as long as I have fun playing. I simply don’t enjoy competition games. Which is one of the reasons I stayed in gw2 as it truly embrace the players cooperating rather then competing about loot, harvesting nodes, world bosses and so on. 

That said, I understand players are different and find pvp fun. So for that reason I hope anet keeps adding content for the players who enjoys it and balance the game correctly as long as they keep pve out of it. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bern.9613 said:

Nah you can flag up and kill guild members as well. Why are you and others like you, so afraid of pvp open world? You do realize death in a game doesn't equate to death irl, right? It just means learn, adapt, overcome and get out of your rut of same mechanics from every boss. Besides this is a hypothetical wish question but it sure did flush out the snowflakes, didn't it?

Why are you and so many others afraid of using the formats that are already provided for PvP?  Just because players don't want open world PvP doesn't make them snowflakes.  Here, you show why players don't want it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Scalacious.4139 said:

There are at least a few ways to do it, for example flag/pk system in L2. Not that I think there's any need for that in gw2, considering all the aoes while zerging events would result in mass accidental kills (or trolling by just chipping away at people's health to let them get finished off by bosses) as well as the existance of wvw which already fills up the role of faction-based open world pvp.

• Confused 2

On 11/18/2022 at 4:25 AM, Bern.9613 said:

Because people choose to do it, I dont really care if they implement a toggle in open world for people that want to kill each other, I'll bring the popcorn. But forcing players just trying to level or do achievements in open world into pvp is not good gameplay. So yes by all mean anet add open world pvp with a off on toggle it would be amusing. 

On 11/19/2022 at 7:53 PM, Artemis.8034 said:

Because people choose to do it, I dont really care if they implement a toggle in open world for people that want to kill each other, I'll bring the popcorn. But forcing players just trying to level or do achievements in open world into pvp is not good gameplay. So yes by all mean anet add open world pvp with a off on toggle it would be amusing. 

And make sure all those that do set this toggle on are shunted off to a separate map instance, where they can duel in peace. Assuming there will even be asmuch as 2 of then on the same map, of course, which i doubt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

a complete and utter rework on the overall systems, fixing launch problems, making RPG an actual thing, not making achievements matter but instead some good crafted quests, a rework on the world so it makes allot more sense. (the sea should've been retreating from land over 90 years ago, something comes out of the sea doesn't raise the sea level, it lowers it)

• Haha 2

Major, unrealistic feature? A complete modernisation/update of the engine. You know, so it can handle the open world zergs that half the content revolves around. It would probably take them an expansion's worth of work just to get half way there. I guess at that stage we're just talking about a sequel. But I'm not wholly on-board for the dreaded "3" just yet.

Maybe this one isn't unreasonable but turning the LFG tab into something beautiful, fulfilling and complete? Something you don't have to constantly refresh, something that you don't have to spam a "Join instance" button on. A fitting portal to the game's content, full of evocative art pertaining to said content, laden with details about dailies, weeklies, achievements and other awards. That better succeeds in connecting players with one another and the stuff they want to do.

Instead of a half-assed, rush-job, no imagination after-thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hairstyles, and more "basic" armours that look good as a set and mix and matched (kind of like the level up armours).

Fashionwars is the true endgame.

If we're being SUPER unrealistic, bring back race/class/backstory related edits in the script. Bring back charm/dignified/ferocious, have them measured, and have our characters and others react according to the totals (leading to ferocious characters having many "Commander! You can't say that!" moments)

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Like 2

On 11/18/2022 at 11:08 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

Why are you and so many others afraid of using the formats that are already provided for PvP?  Just because players don't want open world PvP doesn't make them snowflakes.  Here, you show why players don't want it.

Because he doesn't want a fair fight, he wants to prey on people who didn't want and weren't expecting to be suddenly hit with PvP. WvW means that everyone is at least at some level accepting the possibility of being attacked and is therefore somewhat prepared for it, as well as having level scaling so the bullies can't get easy greifings simply by outlevelling their victims (although outgearing them is certainly possible, especially since good PvE gear doesn't always translate into good WvW gear.)

Ultimately, sometimes people want to PvP, sometimes they just want a relaxing time running around in open world.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Because he doesn't want a fair fight, he wants to prey on people who didn't want and weren't expecting to be suddenly hit with PvP. WvW means that everyone is at least at some level accepting the possibility of being attacked and is therefore somewhat prepared for it, as well as having level scaling so the bullies can't get easy greifings simply by outlevelling their victims (although outgearing them is certainly possible, especially since good PvE gear doesn't always translate into good WvW gear.)

Ultimately, sometimes people want to PvP, sometimes they just want a relaxing time running around in open world.

There's no such thing as "a fair fight", and although I'm sure there are people who live for the enjoyment of murdering newbz, they're a very rare breed.
As Bern pointed out - and is actually one of Ventari's tenets, ironically (or, rather, wondrously precisely) enough - hard ground makes sore feet stronger roots. Realistically, sure, people who would fight randoms in the open world just to help them get better at the game are about as numerous as the malicious stabbers from two sentences ago, but, in this case, every such impromptu fight would invariably teach the respawning combatant something.
Perhaps we wouldn't need any tutorials whatsoever after a while, because people would naturally be pushed into exploring their skills, reading their traits... improving overall, which would positively affect basically every part of the (end)game.

Spoiler

And the totally legitimate AFK farmers would start hearing the sounds of scythes being sharpened in the distance.

Not saying it should be implemented even if it were as easy as snapping one's fingers.
Saying adversity is not evil incarnate simply because comfort is more immediately delightful.

In truth, if there is one singular thing most closely resembling hell in effect, it, in my eyes, is exactly comfort.
Sweet, silent, slow... like expiring in honey.

• Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Vyr.9387 said:

There's no such thing as "a fair fight", and although I'm sure there are people who live for the enjoyment of murdering newbz, they're a very rare breed.

Have you played other games with open world pvp? In the games I did, they swarm around the start area where new players are and one shot them. Unless the game is dead. Making new players having to switch instances to get away from them (if they can). When these new players, IF they stay in the game, level up and gear up, many of them will go back for "revenge" on other new players when the time is right. It's a bad circle of grief and negative gameplay thinking "now it's my time to make other new players suffer". Sure higher level zones in these games are better when it comes to this, but the most important place for new players and the place they make their first impressions of the game is the starter areas and not those specific endgame zones.

32 minutes ago, Vyr.9387 said:

As Bern pointed out - and is actually one of Ventari's tenets, ironically (or, rather, wondrously precisely) enough - hard ground makes sore feet stronger roots. Realistically, sure, people who would fight randoms in the open world just to help them get better at the game are about as numerous as the malicious stabbers from two sentences ago, but, in this case, every such impromptu fight would invariably teach the respawning combatant something.
Perhaps we wouldn't need any tutorials whatsoever after a while, because people would naturally be pushed into exploring their skills, reading their traits... improving overall, which would positively affect basically every part of the (end)game.

This may work for some players. But it will not work well in the long run. Players will not stay in the game if their gameplay is negative. Which many players think when they get one hit by some high level player. A high percentage of these players will just quit the game as it's not the gameplay they wanted. You'd be surprised how many players just want a casual chill gaming experience. Not learning mechanics or care about build or gearing or "git gud mentality". Which gw2 open world lets them do. That is also why open world pve in gw2 is the most popular gamemode. It is that for a reason. 

• Like 3