November 29 Balance Update Preview

Double Tap.3940

9 minutes ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

The balance team is incompetent. For engi, mechanist is now even more clunky to play, and in the same time reduce the skill celling?!?! Scrapper is still useless (even more since they remove quickness in pvp because bad design). And they buff Holo to the point of brokenness, holo was already fine, just a fiew buff here and there, dont shoot for the moon. Oh and remember the change they did to rifle to had impact, gone now its just a slow pea gun as it was before. Not gonna lie this is for my class a bad patch day, not gonna spend money in gem till they revert their this stupid patch as far a engi is concern. Roy and cmc balance the game for pvp, a DEAD game mode, the reason nobody play pvp, its because its aint fun to be condi bomb and cc spam, oh and playing capture the zone for ever and ever get old fast.

Dang 😞  I was hoping, thanks for the update, logging in. 

1 hour ago, Ruisenior.6342 said:

Hopefully they'll let us play the game during christmas

Thx Anet for all the hard work made on 2022!! You made the impossible a reality!!

Keep it 1️⃣🅾️🅾️!!

Like the Christmas they screwed up WvW (4 vs 1) and all took off for Xmas vacation and laughed at us all in the dark web?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Also.. guess I missed the timing on this topic. The new patch notes haven't been there yet before I decided to write it. Only saw the patch notes topic after I finished this (though the time of posting is 17 hours ago? was I blind until now or is that time on the patch topic off?). Eh well. Guess I can go read now and find out ^^

I believe the patch notes are written early and then hidden until time of release, presumably allowing for changes and so there’s less of a rush at the start of their day. 

2 hours ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Also.. guess I missed the timing on this topic. The new patch notes haven't been there yet before I decided to write it. Only saw the patch notes topic after I finished this (though the time of posting is 17 hours ago? was I blind until now or is that time on the patch topic off?). Eh well. Guess I can go read now and find out ^^

You are correct. I checked for the patch notes early this morning and there was nothing there but then they dropped in with a time stamp of 17 hours ago. 

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That was supposedly in the past. They did say that they will be releasing balance patchnotes early specifically so we can coment on changes before they'll go live, and thus have a chance of catching and correcting any mistakes Anet might have made before release.

Apparently, as it has been in the past, talk is cheap but actions speak a different story.

Yeah, that's what I mean. The purpose of the preview patch notes was supposedly to get player feedback on the changes and adjust as needed. However it doesn't really seem like this has been the case - the final patch notes are pretty much identical to the preview regardless of player feedback.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Herald:

Burst of Strength cooldown still 15 seconds

Also, having the three utility facets on different cooldowns plays really badly. Even more spammy than before. Please drop the cooldown on the last facet active (Gaze of Darkness) to 12 seconds too. Its not as if that skill actually DOES anything in pve except do dmg and give quickness.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That was supposedly in the past. They did say that they will be releasing balance patchnotes early specifically so we can coment on changes before they'll go live, and thus have a chance of catching and correcting any mistakes Anet might have made before release.

Apparently, as it has been in the past, talk is cheap but actions speak a different story.

The hell are you talking about?

They literally made numerous changes to the patch based on feedback, both adding and removing stuff.

Do people expect *an entirely new set* of notes, based on *any single player* posting a confused-out cry thread?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Anet released patch preview.

Players posted feedback.

Anet changes patch, removes hated bits, added more buffs to stuff.

Yet players here are *still* crying.
Unbecredible.

It's called feedback.  At least it has a purpose here, unlike your post complaining about people providing feedback in a thread made for that purpose.

Personally, I'm disappointed that we didn't get anything for sword weaver.  It's great that scepter seems in position to be competetive in the Meta.  So hopefully because people like me are making our thoughts known on the subject it will be a priority next time.  And hopefully sooner rather than later!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

32 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

It's called feedback.  At least it has a purpose here, unlike your post complaining about people providing feedback in a thread made for that purpose.

It's called feedback.  At least it has a purpose here, unlike your post complaining about my post complaining about people announcing their departure in a thread made for providing feedback, which obviously worked.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Anet released patch preview.

Players posted feedback.

Anet changes patch, removes hated bits, added more buffs to stuff.

Yet players here are *still* crying.
Unbecredible.

Seriously, the deadeye range was likely the least important and least impactful issue being brought up by the community for the preview patchnotes. It ended up to be the only one addressed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Funky.4861 said:

They listened to player feedback about the proposed deadeye rifle changes; they just didn't mention it in the patchnotes. If you're specifically looking for anet to do shout-outs to players, that's a very rare occurrence.

For visibility it would be helpful if they did mark which changes were adjusted from the preview patch notes - else one would need to be checking them side by side to find the differences. And usually people only care about the changes to the class(es) they play and only glance over the changes to other classes, so the adjustments from feedback are easily overlooked.

I'm glad that anet does listen to some of the feedback, even if it wasn't in regard to the class I care about ^^

Edited by Chyro.1462
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Chyro.1462 said:

For visibility it would be helpful if they did mark which changes were adjusted from the preview patch notes - else one would need to be checking them side by side to find the differences. And usually people only care about the changes to the class(es) they play and only glance over the changes to other classes, so the adjustments from feedback are easily overlooked.

I'm glad that anet does listen to some of the feedback, even if it wasn't in regard to the class I care about ^^

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/z81e3q/changed_profession_skills_compared_to_the_balance/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Seriously, the deadeye range was likely the least important and least impactful issue being brought up by the community for the preview patchnotes. It ended up to be the only one addressed.

The other things people didn't like and wanted removed (in actual voiced quantity) were:
1. "Oh no my firebrand!" - A deserved change. Good thing they stuck with it.
2. "My mech needs a leash now!?" - I hoped this wouldn't make it in. Oh well.
So, all in all, good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

Okay, Anet, take credit when credit is due. I had low expectations on this patch, but i really think it is a good one after the additions. 

First of all i want to thank you for adding something for weaver and proving me wrong on "they dont listen to feedback". I admit i was wrong. 

Now the feedback:

The buffs to catalyst are good and it is really strong atm. Both quick cata and dps cata. Ill just leave it be and wont say anything more here (ill do so in the ele subforum). 

Power sword weaver is in a better place now, it actually does dmg and is doing good dmg. 

Condi sword weaver got a bit buffed, but not enough to compete with scepter/focus.

Scepter focus weaver got buffed both by adding some dps on the trait and giving scepter QoL it deserved. Its still meta when it comes to condi dps for ele. 

Alac mirage changes were nice, since i never used the axe clone thing, all ive gotten is more dps and more alac uptime from this patch. It is very strong atm. 

FB changes are good in general. Sure a few tweaks may be needed on the cds and page costs, but new system actually rewards more situational gameplay instead of just spam all of the pages asap. Im talking from HFB perspective. HFB came out as a winner. Cant comment on other roles of FB.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, soulknight.9620 said:

FB changes are good in general. Sure a few tweaks may be needed on the cds and page costs, but new system actually rewards more situational gameplay instead of just spam all of the pages asap. Im talking from HFB perspective. HFB came out as a winner. Cant comment on other roles of FB.  

Anything relating to CFB or QFB feels really terrible to play. Nevermind performance, we haven't even gotten there. It's just incredibly clunky and not fun to play. At all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

The other things people didn't like and wanted removed (in actual voiced quantity) were:
1. "Oh no my firebrand!" - A deserved change. Good thing they stuck with it.
2. "My mech needs a leash now!?" - I hoped this wouldn't make it in. Oh well.
So, all in all, good.

If you think so, you haven't been actually reading the balance feedback at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

What do you think are the biggest points of contention raised between the preview release and yesterday that hadn't made it through/weren't addressed/reversed on?

Well, for starters there were the two points you already mentioned. And while i agree that Firebrand was in need of "adjustments", this specific design is just plain bad. If you want to know why, read tons of posts about it in the balance preview feedbacks. (here is one of those, for a short read). Then, there's the ele's Water Trident nerf for healer tempest, and the whole Reaper discussion about how Anet's changes do absolutely nothing to address Reaper's key issues (hint: while they added some decent buffs to Reaper since preview, guess what, none of them addressed those abovementioned issues at all. Some actually doubled down on them, which is certain to bite us in the behind sometimes in the future). There was also a lot of questions about killing mirage staxe. Personally i don't think that build was good enough to warrant nuking it from orbit), but that may just be me.

Out of all the abovementioned things, Anet listened only to the feedback about the deadeye range (which was truly loud and widespread, but the issue itself was practically insignificant - almost noone uses deadeye at max range outside of WvW sniping anyway, and that last one actually does deserve to be cut down a little). And maybe to the "reaper bad" part of reaper feedback (but that would be ignoring that the changes Anet made - increasing Reaper's dependency on shroud and gravedigger spam - were the exact opposite of what players asked for).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7