Dragon's Tooth is a problem

Ovark.2514

4 minutes ago, FrigginManatees.1268 said:

I mean the rest of their kit. You still have to dodge dragon's tooth, but the point is to not have your hitbox visible to them 100% of the time.

This is what I'm saying. You still have to dodge after you LoS dragon's tooth, but the rest of it you want to force them into poor positioning. Usually a big, big part of survival as a fresh air scepter ele is to keep as much spacing as possible - you see a lot of about-face and superspeed utilization from them to achieve this.

Again with the assumption that there's something to immediately, and I mean immediately,  like of sight behind. You're dealing with primarily instantaneous ranged attacks supported by dragon's tooth and on the biggest offender, catalyst, massive aoes to avoid. You can also get into someone's face with arcane barrier and burst them down and teleport out if they somehow manage to counter through blocks, stability and resistance. Also superspeed.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2023 at 10:02 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

the tradeoff on using Dragon's Tooth yourself, that the ele can't be in water or earth when using it,

What kind of nonsense is this? Are you really trying to say that not having access to other skills is a tradeoff? Is revenant not having access to their second legend at all times a tradeoff to using the first? What about almost every class with their second weapon set? This is some top tier pity party 'Oh, woe is me' by ele's if any of you whine you can't access all your skills at any time when no class can, and you have more of them. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

What kind of nonsense is this? Are you really trying to say that not having access to other skills is a tradeoff? Is revenant not having access to their second legend at all times a tradeoff to using the first? What about almost every class with their second weapon set? This is some top tier pity party 'Oh, woe is me' by ele's if any of you whine you can't access all your skills at any time when no class can, and you have more of them. 

There's top tier players that fight Ele's and force their hand into certain attunements. Any class can do this, but this happened a lot back in the day with rangers. When I went Ranged attacks, the enemy went greatsword melee (which is a tough weapon to go blow for blow with) forcing me to swap out as fast as possible. When I tried to burst, the ranger kited or went stealth while the pet attacked. Forcing me to go defensive. 

This is what the quote meant. Scepter Ele's in fire attunement are at their most offensive, but also their most vulnerable... With practice, you can control the fight by paying attention to what attunement the Ele is in. It's their counter. 

Just like Rev, when you see them activate certain legends, you already know what skills they have available and what they will be using next. That gives you an upper hand

Edited by Stallic.2397
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Jake.7526 said:

Dragon tooth does a bit too much damage for a lock on skill that forces a dodge. The skill is very easy to dodge though u guys are just noobs that need to learn timing.

You know what you have in common with 99999 posts forum warrios? Both are bad at the game and tell others how everyone should l2p while their class is overperforming af.

Whats different? Unlike you, they dont ask for more buffs, yet.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

34 minutes ago, Hederrain.9207 said:

You know what you have in common with 99999 posts forum warrios? Both are bad at the game and tell others how everyone should l2p while their class is overperforming af.

Whats different? Unlike you, they dont ask for more buffs, yet.

Its not being bad at the game, its lust for power. Its very human.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Its not being bad at the game, its lust for power. Its very human.

While its true but not in this case, willingly spend all their time on the forum instead of playing the game to git gud.

Other class is OP? Ofc they will be there to spam NERF NERF NERF (even if this class wont be actually broken but they are bad and cant/refuse to l2p) but when their class is broken, its for sure, l2p issue 😂

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Hederrain.9207 said:

While its true but not in this case, willingly spend all their time on the forum instead of playing the game to git gud.

Other class is OP? Ofc they will be there to spam NERF NERF NERF (even if this class wont be actually broken but they are bad and cant/refuse to l2p) but when their class is broken, its for sure, l2p issue 😂

Still falls under lust for power. A lot of pvpers seem to fall under the antisocial sort of class and carry the same sort of behaviors you'd expect from that classification: very poor emotional regulation, delusions of grandeur, little to no ability to handle social situations, overwhelming desire to be admired by peers despite lack of reason for them to, and what people typically note and are disturbed by when thinking of antisocial types; temper tantrums.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Hederrain.9207 said:

Other class is OP? Ofc they will be there to spam NERF NERF NERF (even if this class wont be actually broken but they are bad and cant/refuse to l2p) but when their class is broken, its for sure, l2p issue 

Really? Cause nearly all of what I've read from war mains on the forum for 2 years or so has been "please buff war so its on par with XYZ". Not asking for nerfs on other professions.

A lot of them are turning a blind eye on the current state, but are right when saying anything other than spb is still bad. What is broken is condi spb and defense dagger/gs spb.

Hammer is a l2p weapon to fight; I had 0 experience fighting it 3 months ago, now I know what to dodge and when to stunbreak. Most of the attacks you can walk away from, like usual with war weapons.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Really? Cause nearly all of what I've read from war mains on the forum for 2 years or so has been "please buff war so its on par with XYZ". Not asking for nerfs on other professions.

A lot of them are turning a blind eye on the current state, but are right when saying anything other than spb is still bad. What is broken is condi spb and defense dagger/gs spb.

Hammer is a l2p weapon to fight; I had 0 experience fighting it 3 months ago, now I know what to dodge and when to stunbreak. Most of the attacks you can walk away from, like usual with war weapons.

They were complaining about others just as much but in the same time they were more reasonable than others until now. 

What did you expect? FC is literally busted since its release, warrior got much better defense traitline - spb instantly broken in all shapes and forms, I wouldnt ever expect condi spb to become even remotely viable ever but here we are.

Everyone is gangsta until they meet not an average gold hammer enjoyer but a decent player and would be farmed into oblivion by these (its not even about the hammer, its about how strong dagger is at  starving your defenses with FC). If you want to talk about warrior, feel free to relocate to warror thread

Edited by Hederrain.9207
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

To be fair, the warrior mains are pointing to a very specific bug fix that will reduce FC's effectiveness by 15%, which is the exact thing that needs to happen. it isn't like they are turning a blind eye here, there is just a lot of l2p that needs to be relearned. Warriors hadn't been running hammer or defense since Feb2020 until Oct2023, so people (like you against hammer) need to relearn how to counter them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/3/2023 at 8:24 PM, Jake.7526 said:

Dragon tooth does a bit too much damage for a lock on skill that forces a dodge. The skill is very easy to dodge though u guys are just noobs that need to learn timing.

I don’t know about you, but the animation disappears for me.  Also you are correct that it’s easy to dodge if you have a full endurance bar and noone is attacking you.  Then quite easy to dodge…. But that’s not how games tend to go.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

I don’t know about you, but the animation disappears for me.  Also you are correct that it’s easy to dodge if you have a full endurance bar and noone is attacking you.  Then quite easy to dodge…. But that’s not how games tend to go.

Same for me. I can still see the red circle on the ground, but there's no indication what it's from.

BUT...

I figured out a work around!

If half my health suddenly disappears after 3ish seconds, then I know it was Dragon's Tooth 😅

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Same for me. I can still see the red circle on the ground, but there's no indication what it's from.

Dtooth ... red circle? what? never seen it because of all the Visualvomit thats happening when fighting cata 😉

Honestly... i have not seen the Dtooth disappear yet.  The Dtooth scales with height... maybe this is causing problems?

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Dtooth ... red circle? what? never seen it because of all the Visualvomit thats happening when fighting cata 😉

Probably you are playing something tanky enough to stay in the aoes. When you run out of the aoes (cause otherwise you'll melt) its very visible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Probably you are playing something tanky enough to stay in the aoes. When you run out of the aoes (cause otherwise you'll melt) its very visible.

I dont need Red circles at my feet to realize there is a giant Rock over my head. Never paid attention to it tbh. 

I simply dodge it by musclememory, without thinking about it.😅

Playing ele for a decade does this to you i guess.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I dont need Red circles at my feet to realize there is a giant Rock over my head. Never paid attention to it tbh. 

I simply dodge it by musclememory, without thinking about it.😅

Playing ele for a decade does this to you i guess.

But what about when you can't see the big rock? The bugged animation is a real problem with a skill that hits that hard

1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

But what about when you can't see the big rock? The bugged animation is a real problem with a skill that hits that hard

Ya the rock is invisible half the time, but it’s fine because the tracking nuke might as well have stealth as well.

Seriously though, it’s a major animation issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

The bugged animation never happened for me! 

I think its a bug caused by a certain charckter height / race... thats why some people are experienecing it alot, but some people havent encountered the Bug at all.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...