You can get your legendary wvw armor in one evening with EBG castle repair reward bug

Pol.5082

You get tons of tickets by putting 1 supply reward in wall of Stonemist Castle.

Some people already got 1 piece of legendary armor only by repairing it.

And soon they will have a full set.

There is a 81 Q at 22:40 for EBG.

Edit: You gain 1 WvW level each 6 minutes too

Edited by Pol.5082
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

38 minutes ago, Eudaimonia.8695 said:

I highly doubt that. 

yes, an armor piece is around 1400 tickets, you get 1 every 3min from this, IF SN is constantly owned by yourt team, the enemy always attacks and you always have supplies. I don't really believe someone did that already for over 66 hours 🙂 But for just repairing, the reward is probably to high. Or they do some kind of diminishing return for it, e.g. you can get it only X (5?) times an hour or you don't get anything, if you don't leave the SN area or ... .

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Thanks 2

While the thread is vastly exaggerated, people seem to be forgetting that going from 22 weeks to 66 hours (theoretically, let's be honest, no one is going to 66 hour this yet even cutting down the time by 1/3 or 1/2 causes very questionable reward motives), is a HUGE change.

Now putting for a moment beside the point of players actually going for this, the main issues are as follows:

- it encourages players to waste supplies only to get that defensive tick, no matter the catapults or trebs aimed at the wall

- it encourages players to spend insane amounts of time on basically very boring tasks (players WILL do such things for hours on end because shiny!). This in turn leads to burnout, even more than before

In short: the developers have implemented something which does not work fully as intended. This leads to unhealthy (both from a game perspective as well as actual health) interactions with the game.

I mentioned this already, these changes are fundamentally wrong and will do more harm than good in the mid- to long-term.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6

18 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

you always have supplies.

I helped defend SMC for several hours yesterday. We ran out of supply fairly quickly under the constant onslaught of both other teams hitting us continuously. I did, however, get hundreds of player kills and credit for the defend event over and over again.

Edited by Ashen.2907

1 minute ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

While the thread is vastly exaggerated, people seem to be forgetting that going from 22 weeks to 66 hours (theoretically, let's be honest, no one is going to 66 hour this), is a HUGE change.

Now putting for a moment beside the point of players actually going for this, the main issues are as follows:

- it encourages players to waste supplies only to get that defensive tick, no matter the catapults or trebs aimed at the wall

- it encourages players to spend insane amounts of time on basically very boring tasks (players WILL do such things for hours on end because shiny!). This in turn leads to burnout, even more than before

I mentioned this already, these changes are fundamentally wrong and will do more harm than good in the mid- to long-term.

Maybe,

I mean going from a hard cap on weekly skirmish tickets to no cap changes things quite a lot. In terms of how long you spend playing wvw to get the rewards i'm not sure its drastically different?

I think it needs tuning. I think most game modes can reward players who dont 'deserve' it. They wouldn't be my primary concern.

I spent about an hour last night defending SM. Had no supply to drop on walls and no yaks coming in. Think every outer wall and gate were down by the end of the hour. Just running back and forth and fighting. It was quite fun and reasonably rewarding but im pretty sure the rewards would pale next to an hour of fractals / strikes / map metas.

It rewards and encourages some good things as well is all I'm getting it I think

Considering how long it took to get WvW leggy items.. I don't see it as a problem to much. You still don't make anywhere near enough gold to make all the other parts of it. So you either have to credit card up or go farm fractals anyway. They will adjust SM. They have to, but I think the direction they are taking is a HUGE improvement to what we know and love.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dukefx.9730 said:

I wish I'd spend my 66 hour evenings repairing walls for which I get ZERO credit without killing at least one invader. Repairing is pointless anyway. The walls are constantly down on multiple sides anyway.

Try spending more than 5 supply to get credit.

The idea was to reward "Defenders" who stay at one location, always watchful, always waiting.  And you are rewarded for defending and repairing.  Give you a rough idea.  In the first three years of playing WvW, I was a Tower scout, and my rank only reached 333.  For front line combat players, they were up to to rank 3000 to 4000 after three years.  roughly 1000 to 1200 ranks per year.  Believe me, in the old days, as a tower scout, you were rewarded with nothing, and spent lots of gold, buidling and rebuilding loose siege to defend the location.  It was a loss for most players who watched or defended a location and got nothing in return.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

So you get all gift materials too? Getting tickets is like easiest part anyways, gift of battle is second easiest. Making gifts take forever.

Which is why the Crafting material coffers as rewards was actually pretty nice, but they nerfed it down to Heavy supply bag, which only offers 4 of the 8 materials now, cause ya know, wouldn't want wvw to destroy the material market.... 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1

No. You'll not have your legendary armor by just doing that. Remember that there is still other grind needed for the costly mats. (When I feel like farming for those ... I'll just use them together with the PvP stuff where I already earned enough tickets + ascended glory shards to make all 3 sets lol.)

The WvW level though ... seems nice. Since those progress pretty slow imo.  Unless you are playing mainly WvW - dedicating a lot of time to it per day or week ... it will be hard to even reach the level where you can max all the WxP masteries.

Edited by Luthan.5236

15 hours ago, Sporks.4395 said:

Considering how long it took to get WvW leggy items.. I don't see it as a problem to much. You still don't make anywhere near enough gold to make all the other parts of it. So you either have to credit card up or go farm fractals anyway. They will adjust SM. They have to, but I think the direction they are taking is a HUGE improvement to what we know and love.

Gold will hardly be a problem for all those PvE players that flood WvW for quick and easy legendaries ...

• Sad 1