Last Legendary Ring !

While i'd also advise to go for a WvW ring, i'd add a caveat, that, while easy, they may be really annoying to get if you're not into WvW fulltime. The skirmish tickets timegate can be extremely painful to get through if you cannot free enough of time off your normal GW2 schedule to dedicate to WvW to reliably go up to diamond every week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

While i'd also advise to go for a WvW ring, i'd add a caveat, that, while easy, they may be really annoying to get if you're not into WvW fulltime. The skirmish tickets timegate can be extremely painful to get through if you cannot free enough of time off your normal GW2 schedule to dedicate to WvW to reliably go up to diamond every week.

This is very true. If you've done WvW before and got to a decent rank then it's easy. But if you've never done it before, well, let's just say there is a steep learning curve for new players and the wvw tickets and memories of battle that you need will come very slowly initially. 

I'm making my second Conflux now (because you can equip 2 on a character) and for me it's a matter of 5-6 weeks. For new players it will be months at least, maybe over a year to get there.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

New legendary may come with new lw/continuation of Eod but it probably won't be released until they finish that as like other lw legendaries it will probably have list of achievements required from all new maps.

Basically will need to wait a bit longer op.

Would be nice to add more stuff - as long as no raid content is needed. The amulet currently seems easy. The accessories as well. Just simple PvE stuff. Takes a bit time - but no special content required. The rings really seem a bit problematic.

Either having you do raids ... or WvW - to get one. (Afaik the WvW one can be made twice.) And WvW is a lot grindier than PvP ... but for the PvP there was just the amulet. They could add one ring to PvP and then one for non-raid PvE to the living world maybe.

Well ... I have enough tickets for the WvW rings. But they slowly gathered over the last few years. And I plan to get the legendary armor from PvP. So no need to save the tickets there. It would still be a grind and you'd need to be either masochistic or like the WvW a lot to get those tickets. 😄 With playing 2-3 hours each day this might still take some time. (Considering you have the +1 commitment bonus for pips and a low rank ... bronze. No extra pips from higher ranks.) For people that also might like to get the legendary armor from WvW this could be annoying. (Then again: Wanting to get the armor from WvW ... probably is something only the players want that already play WvW a lot cause they like it.) The diamont chest is probably something only hardcore WvW players will get.

While PvP is balanced in a different way. With the chests being tied to the season - not to a weekly match. (Playing just about 3 matches a day will easily finish it before the season ends - with even time to spare.) And 2-3 matches are not that long. Less than an hour unless you have very long queue times + the matches always running long + nobody clicking ready.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Dibit.6259 said:

New legendary may come with new lw/continuation of Eod but it probably won't be released until they finish that as like other lw legendaries it will probably have list of achievements required from all new maps.

Well since living world is dead we dont know if this is the case mate.

New eod expasnion will only have 1 map added divided into 2 parts so abit to few to award a ring dont you think?

20 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well since living world is dead we dont know if this is the case mate.

New eod expasnion will only have 1 map added divided into 2 parts so abit to few to award a ring dont you think?

That is why I'm asking them to release the last PVE ring. The LW is dead and they don't seems to want to create new raids. So there is not a lot things left to have the last PVE ring related to Aurora/Vision/Coalescence. Maybe they will introduce it with the new fractals ? 

• Confused 5

5 minutes ago, Khaos.6479 said:

That is why I'm asking them to release the last PVE ring. The LW is dead and they don't seems to want to create new raids. So there is not a lot things left to have the last PVE ring related to Aurora/Vision/Coalescence. Maybe they will introduce it with the new fractals ? 

It was never promised tho so there is no last pve ring to release.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dibit.6259 said:

I doubt it very much. We didn't get that with IBS either. And as you can tell from the first quarterly update, they follow the pattern of IBS with releasing half a map at a time (like Bjora and Drizzlewood).

We might get it with new expansions though. They said they will be smaller and more frequent and since they will be lighter in content, they might just fill that up a bit with a legendary trinket here or there. But that's still just a maybe. I wouldn't hold my breath personally.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

It could actually be a selling point for the further expansions - to add legendary options there. Since they are not free anymore as compared to the regular living world stuff ... but similar in content (smaller releases) it might not be too weird if they added such stuff as an additional incentive for buyers. Of course it would also make sense to split that over multiple expansions then. 😄 (Depending how big they are going to be.)

But first ... maybe some Largos content and underwater combat .... and
... a legendary aqua breather lol. 😄 (I'd buy it.) Underwater combat masteries would go well with that.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

18 hours ago, Khaos.6479 said:

Yes I know but amulets was always stand alone of the full set, for example you can't put an agony infusion on it. So it was not chocking to me that it's not part of the evolution skin. But if they want to add a new one and include it in the evoluting skin of Aurora/Vision/Coalescence, I will not spill on it. All I'm asking from now is the last PVE ring. ^^ 

The idea that there would be 5 legendary trinkets, all building on each other with legendary visual effects, is an assumption. There is no proof anywhere that this was ever the idea to begin with, no official statements to be found from ANet staff. Separating the nature of amulets from the other trinkets just because they use enrichments instead of infusions is also a self-proclaimed idea, with no proof for it. You can put it in a different category because of the enrichment thing, but that doesn't make the distinction an official one. Couple that with ANet's penchant for abandoning ideas and projects and I can pretty much guarantee you chances are slim to none we will ever get another trinket to add to the effect.

There's no point arguing this because you won't find proof either way. Memory is a fickle thing and ANet never made a statement that we would get a full set of PvE trinkets that would build on the same visual effect. All you can do is hope, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. If you really want ANet to consider this, post it in the Suggestions thread. That's where requests for ANet belong. Out here it won't be picked up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

There's no point arguing this because you won't find proof either way. Memory is a fickle thing and ANet never made a statement that we would get a full set of PvE trinkets that would build on the same visual effect. All you can do is hope, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. If you really want ANet to consider this, post it in the Suggestions thread. That's where requests for ANet belong. Out here it won't be picked up.

No need for YOU, I want it. I will not build Conflux and hide the effect because I find it ugly, it's a total no sense. The point of building legendary is the skin and show it.   

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Khaos.6479 said:

The point of building legendary is the skin and show it.   

Not necessarily. Ive skinned over almost all of my weapons, all of my armor and backpack, and dont show the effects for my trinkets. 

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, Khaos.6479 said:

No need for YOU, I want it. I will not build Conflux and hide the effect because I find it ugly, it's a total no sense. The point of building legendary is the skin and show it.   

The point of legendary for me is being able to switch stats and upgrades for free, and being able to equip a new character instantaneously. I have the trinket effects turned off on almost all my characters, and have reskinned most backpacks and all armor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

For ppl who told me that I have loss memory or even invented what I said ! Here the proofs, or maybe we are all liars ??? 🤣

PS : all those messages are from 2017, except for the reddit one ! 

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=23/12/mcou.png

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=23/12/9smt.png

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=23/12/3si4.png

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=23/12/tfso.png

Edited by Khaos.6479
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, Khaos.6479 said:

For ppl who told me that I have loss memory or even invented what I said ! Here the proofs, or maybe we are all liars ??? 🤣

NONE of this is posted by Arenanet, it's all speculation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Khaos.6479 said:

I didn't touch legendary trinkets until they introduced the possibility to hide thier particles so... 🤷‍♂️
I don't see the need to push that effect further and I think it's good that the player needs to play more of the game's content to get full legendary gear.

You're free to want whatever, but "I want it" is different than "they promised they'll do it!". 😉 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Khaos.6479 said:

All these quotes -posted by random forum users- said is that anet surely has all legendary trinkets release planned out and... we DO have all legendary trinkets in the game at this very moment. So whatever you think you're "proving" here, it surely isn't anything you claimed before in your posts.
Like... do you not understand what those users said? Where is there anything about anet saying there will be 5 trinkets advancing the same animation? Where is anything about full trinkets being acquirable through LW or even all of the pve? :classic_blink: 

Goalposts moving so fast, I can barely see them anymore.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Khaos.6479 said:

The point of building legendary is the skin and show it.   

The point of crafting a legendary item is to change it's stats for free and never buy this type of weapon/armor/trinket again, because thanks to legendary armory, you can use them on every character.

Who cares about lege skins? If you want a nice skin, then check gemstore, they're 100 times better.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2