Between harbinger, Virtuoso and Willbender....this game balance is behind awful...it's a joke

Arheundel.6451

We're talking about 2-3 celestial harbingers every 10m of the map....celestial willbenders that outrun half zerg while having perma protection/regen then with access to aegis, resolution etc etc.....virtuoso that has perma distortion literally 3/4 of the time...you can't do anything literally nothing. The balance in GW2 is awful. How can a game developer in all good conscience consider this anything but stupid design: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elixir_of_Ambition , no Cast time....aoe range...gives all boons on user and all condis on enemy...on a 72s CD.

This https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Distortion is not something that should be available for 10s.....awful...disastrous balance 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6

12 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

They're balancing to sell the expansion. 

Never forget...

Anet buffed deathly chill on the reaper through the roof.

It singlehandedly brought about the condi meta of WvW. 

People complained about it for 8 or so months. Anet did nothing. 

Then PoF released. Everyone abandon the deathly chill meta because the scourge was much better with all it's pre-nerf barrier generation and pumping out a metric ton of AoE. 

1-2 weeks later... Deathly chill was nerfed.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Never forget...

Anet buffed deathly chill on the reaper through the roof.

It singlehandedly brought about the condi meta of WvW. 

People complained about it for 8 or so months. Anet did nothing. 

Then PoF released. Everyone abandon the deathly chill meta because the scourge was much better with all it's pre-nerf barrier generation and pumping out a metric ton of AoE. 

1-2 weeks later... Deathly chill was nerfed.

they nerfed it to non usable, from being op it went to just non existing almost. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hey look, another cele thread. But its most definitely not a cele problem, its just those evil builds (that now literally every profession has at least one of). Its the traits and the runes and the skills right?

Anyway, weird to not mention cele catalyst. Its the one build  that actually does power dmg too, not just condi vomit. Scepter and hammer are just that broken.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Hey look, another cele thread. But its most definitely not a cele problem, its just those evil builds (that now literally every profession has at least one of). Its the traits and the runes and the skills right?

Anyway, weird to not mention cele catalyst. Its the one build  that actually does power dmg too, not just condi vomit. Scepter and hammer are just that broken.

They nerfed catalyst not only in pvp but also in wvw...while willbender, harbinger were only nerfed in pvp when nobody cares anyway. I used to see catalysts everywhere few weeks ago....then all of a sudden...gone, you only see 1-2 in large groups now...not solo roamers tanking the world. GW2 players won't leave base alone unless playing something completely broken. You meet a solo ranger once in a blue moon in T1-2, not hugely popular anymore as a class. Warrior or revenant roamers are not existent. All you see is 1-2  harbinger with scrappers on the side or 1-2 willbender outrunning anything but thieves.....the occasional virtuoso rotating distortion for 10s +....this is wvw right now

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

You're being delusional if you think celestial gear is the only reason these classes are overperforming, I think everyone here can see that the strongest builds utilize both celestial stats and/or some stacked elite spec. In general, I don't mind celestial gear because it gives awesome build variety that every class has access to. My main issue is that some builds are way stronger when using that gear set than others, usually because of bloated class design. Ideally, anet would start tweaking and reworking the worst offenders before nerfing the stat set.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

You're being delusional if you think celestial gear is the only reason these classes are overperforming, I think everyone here can see that the strongest builds utilize both celestial stats and/or some stacked elite spec. In general, I don't mind celestial gear because it gives awesome build variety that every class has access to. My main issue is that some builds are way stronger when using that gear set than others, usually because of bloated class design. Ideally, anet would start tweaking and reworking the worst offenders before nerfing the stat set.

They should remove boon duration on cele  and look how much affected it got. When it is not enough they should start nerfing the stats. It is becoming really boring to face cele over cele.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Burial.1958 said:

They should remove boon duration on cele  and look how much affected it got. When it is not enough they should start nerfing the stats. It is becoming really boring to face cele over cele.

I want to point out it's not like celestial builds are the only playable builds or that there aren't plenty of people who play power. If a celestial gear nerf is a must-have (a viewpoint I don't agree with), then the best option I can see would be to reduce the stats of ferocity, concentration, healing power, and expertise by some amount. The best option is one that solves the majority of the issue with the minimum impact. Also, I don't find fighting cele builds boring unless it's one of the broken ones.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034
  • Like 2

When will everyone learn they don't balance WvW around smallscale? 

Yes, these classes are broken in WvW smallscale, and yes if they have support, they can be nigh unkillable even if they faceroll on the keyboard.

Anet. Doesn't. Care.

At best you can hop in to WvW, grief some people, and leave.  That's roaming now.  

They won't touch cele because largescale is all boon ball and cele promotes this; they aren't going to disrupt their own meta (however bad it is) for small scale of all things.  

Look, for a quick example of how much smallscale matters--if an enemy takes north camp on alpine it is to their distinct advantage because of all the guard CC spam at spawn door + ability to build all kinds of siege in the camp.  If an enemy takes north camp on desert, it is only slightly less advantageous because no guard CC spam, but friendlies also have to walk 3 miles to get there, and the enemy has THE HIGH GROUND.  

If you're wondering why this example matters, it's because even structurally smallscale is ignored.  Literally everything favors attacker, and everything favors larger numbers.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

They won't touch cele because largescale is all boon ball and cele promotes this; they aren't going to disrupt their own meta (however bad it is) for small scale of all things.  

There are no cele builds in zergs. There is only minstrel and zerk...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

When will everyone learn they don't balance WvW around smallscale? 

Yes, these classes are broken in WvW smallscale, and yes if they have support, they can be nigh unkillable even if they faceroll on the keyboard.

Anet. Doesn't. Care.

correction: UNLESS YOU’RE A THIEF.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

There are no cele builds in zergs. There is only minstrel and zerk...

My point was cele promotes boon spam which they balance around. 

But to your point, the problem lies between--with minstrel and zerk you have to at least choose what you are (support vs. dps), where cele has both, but again won't be touched because they seem to be adamant about keeping roaming revolving around support/dps combined monsters.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

Can someone link the alleged build please? thanks

No builds but some ideas to take in:

Mesmer:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blurred_Inscriptions

Signets get distortion.

Then take

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Illusions

This refreshes Shatter skill.

So what you can do is use f4 shatter to get yourself distortion, then cast signet of illusion to recharge the f4. The signet also gives you distortion and then press f4 again to yourself distortion again. This gives you time to cast another signet of your choice, maybe Midnight for the stunbreak/stealth, or the heal so you can heal and those also give you distortion.

Also if on Chrono, I recommend Moa for maximum salt. I've been reported many times for it according to the whispers, but apparently using skills in the game is not breaking the rules.

If you practice chaining them enough while making clones in the process you should cycle back to repeat the whole thing again.

There's also a curious trait that I never knew existed called:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Auspicious_Anguish

which converts 2 damaging condis when you gain distortion or when you get disabled. Basically easy condi clear in the only scenarios that you'd be afraid of dying.

Of course, this is entirely selfish and does not help your team. If you do it enough, you get threads like this. And I feel it keeps equally as annoying builds in small scale in check anyways. xD

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

WvW smallscale / roaming is a balance of imbalance - everything that does well is "broken" in some regard, and has been for years. The lines that weren't supposed to be crossed, where fight deciding effects were limited and would be applied deliberately in a much lower frequency, have gone out of the window over years. Every viable spec has "too much" of something: sustain, evasion, boons, pressure, burst, mobility, stealth, cc, conditions... take your pick.

However, relatively, builds are still excelling in some of those areas and doing worse in others - there's variety, hard counters, soft counters and somewhat even matches between a lot of different builds. The burstiest specs still lack defense or mobility for example, a lot of the sustain builds aren't well suited to finish enemies off etc. Some of the most played specs are also the most overrated ones. A good player experienced in playing a good build still makes a force to be reckoned with, no matter the class (for especs at least, some cores are not up to speed).

I won't argue it's perfect, but it's not as bad as some claim it to be. There's no "apex predator" in roaming with no downsides, only some builds that do better against more others. And a meta can keep those in check by adjusting and playing what works against them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2