Please change moa

Can we please address how many mesmers i have seen running moa and just one shooting someone? specially chronomancers  without literally any counter play?

I have been thinking about it, and they need in my opinion to reword the signet. It is simply too frustrating to play without no counterplay, and specially in such a small map.

I would propose to change it into a spirit, where you can not deal damage but you also can not be hit, simple like if you where dodging permanently for about 2 seconds. That way it still give you a temporary numbers advantage like it does now, but also respecting the enemy player and being able to joint reposition and join the fight later. 

As of current, and i think it is really apparent in the current 2 vs 2 meta, they just moa and pray to god to one shot the enemy, they either need to try to kite, although it is really hard because 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3 maps are designed really poorly. 

And it just comes to that, the entire match. 

I can not stand it, this is so absurd and frustrating to play against and to play as a teammate. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 7

10 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

Big tell.

Can be dodged.

Can be blinded.

Has to be cast infront.

Can be blocked.

Gives you an evade skill.

Can still dodge.

Skill issue.

I might be mistaken... but I thought I was hit from invisibility with this.  Is that not possible?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

I might be mistaken... but I thought I was hit from invisibility with this.  Is that not possible?

You have some kind of map awareness right?

Edit: Also see other points about dodges and evades. If you got hit twice, that's kinda your fault as you should be looking for the 2nd moa by that point.

Edited by apharma.3741
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 24
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

You have some kind of map awareness right?

Edit: Also see other points about dodges and evades. If you got hit twice, that's kinda your fault as you should be looking for the 2nd moa by that point.

sure... it was in a 3v3 last season... dudes had inis for quite a while.  How does map awareness help when they can cross that map in a blink?

Note:  I'm not the OP.   They didn't need two moas to finish me... it was one from invis with a power spike and I was dead.

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Just now, shion.2084 said:

sure... it was in a 3v3 last season... dudes had inis for quite a while.  How does map awareness help when they can cross that map in a blink?

You couldn't see him on the map, you'd know he has moa from seeing him once in the match. You should anticipate that he's pushing to the 3v3. Just like you would think "Oh I can't see the thief, he's probably on his way to +1 a fight"

Lack of map awareness is your problem. You'd have died to anything else giving you a +1.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

You couldn't see him on the map, you'd know he has moa from seeing him once in the match. You should anticipate that he's pushing to the 3v3. Just like you would think "Oh I can't see the thief, he's probably on his way to +1 a fight"

Lack of map awareness is your problem. You'd have died to anything else giving you a +1.

No, it's a build used in 3v3 to exploit moa.   You don't seem to understand, it was mini season 3v3.   I ranked top 100 this season in 5v5.  I'm telling you that in a coordinated 3 man with 2 moa spike power mez and a stealth gyro, they're gonna insta gib you in the v3 maps.  Maybe you're far better than me and can "map awareness" through invisibility... but I more suspect you play Mesmer.

Note that the OP is also talking about 2v2 maps.

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

Turning people into chickens is fun roleplay and all, but what is essentially an unbreakable CC for 6s is just not suited for PvP/competitive environments.

And don't give me that crap about having a dodge/evade as being fair compensation. That MIGHT be a good argument if this were just 1v1s, but PvP is a team game. One evade plus a dodge or two isn't going to keep you alive when being focused by multiple players, meaning that being Moa'd is usually a death sentence in high-level play. Being able to potentially use it twice on Chrono (from stealth, no less) makes it even more egregious.

I've proposed this elsewhere, but I think a healthier version of SoH would be to make it an unblockable 2s stun that strips all boons from the target. Something like a 30s CD would be reasonable.  This would help it bypass defenses and create kill windows on boon-heavy targets, esp supports. Lower CD improves usability and lowers the penalty for missing. At the same time, the target has the opportunity to stunbreak, so there is more counterplay.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

Big tell.

Can be dodged.

Can be blinded.

Has to be cast infront.

Can be blocked.

Can still dodge.

Skill issue.

This is facts. Man this forum is full of people who are clueless....

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

And don't give me that crap about having a dodge/evade as being fair compensation

Here im givng you this crap. Its all fact. GGs.

2 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

Big tell.

Can be dodged.

Can be blinded.

Has to be cast infront.

Can be blocked.

Can still dodge.

Skill issue.

• Like 4
  • Confused 9

Yet another example of why moves should reveal on cast not on hit. 

But since Anet wont do that, I propose an alternate solution. 

Buff Moa. 

If Chicken got hands, people will fear the chicken. 

No longer will our avian adversaries be forced to run away in fear. No, they will evade their way into the enemy lines and maul their target with such ferocity they'll rue the day they bestowed such power upon you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Its generally good etiquette to not constantly defend your position if you main a class that has a broken mechanic, as this turns discussions over whether it needs adjusted or not into an argument about how you're right and everyone else is wrong just because you want to keep the mechanic.

My biggest issue with moa is the escape skills don't work if you get caught on uneven terrain, as it gets stuck on small objects very easily, sometimes even just simple rocks. Moa should be a double-edged blade; using it should take your enemy out of the teamfight, but also heavily risk them getting away if you're trying to use it to solo them. This is how you make something balanced.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

54 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

Its generally good etiquette to not constantly defend your position if you main a class that has a broken mechanic, as this turns discussions over whether it needs adjusted or not into an argument about how you're right and everyone else is wrong just because you want to keep the mechanic.

My biggest issue with moa is the escape skills don't work if you get caught on uneven terrain, as it gets stuck on small objects very easily, sometimes even just simple rocks. Moa should be a double-edged blade; using it should take your enemy out of the teamfight, but also heavily risk them getting away if you're trying to use it to solo them. This is how you make something balanced.

Do you remember when the skill was actually polymorph: moa?
You could cast it facing any direction, even while running from an enemy so you could start casting it and blink away and it would still hit. It also lasted 10s.

Since then it has been nerfed to:
Require you to face your target.
Reduced to 6s.
Has a massive signet appear above you in addition to it's original effect.

Edit: It also became a signet so you know when the mesmer has it now!
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Humility

Before March 2022 it stayed at 180s cool down and no-one used it at all because it just didn't get you kills anymore after the reduction to 6s. Reducing the cool down meant that at least you get more attempts.

As for etiquette, it's also good etiquette to critically think and debate in good faith however it's very clear that the OP has absolutely no intention unless you are unable to see through what they were saying. I'll explain it to you, they want to change it so that instead of being an ability you use to finish fights, they want you to give them mist form, the really strong defensive skill from ele. All of this based on a 2v2/3v3 game mode that is not supported and has so many other broken things in it you wouldn't believe.
If that doesn't reek of kitten then you sir need your sense of smell checking out.

Know what is really a problem? Continuum split. Can you figure out why and give a proper reasoning for this? I'll even let you copy my homework but you'll have to hunt through pages of replies.

Edited by apharma.3741
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

Yeap apharma is right here. The Problem is continuum split. It allows you to Double moa enemys. Means you could Dodge it but waste 2 dodges (means every Dodge for Most classes) Just to evade to get moa is a Bit stupid when this class could also 100% to 0% you in Seconds even without moa. (Power Mes is meant Here and yes you could again say Just Dodge but for real we Not gain one trillion dodges Block invus as for example Mes himself xd)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

moa might not be OP but it's a broken spell that  serves only the purpose for bad player to get a kill on players better than them: unbreakable cc that can come from stealth and that can be used twice in a row on chrono, also if you get rooted you're dead because you can't do literally anything; it's bad design at it's finest

Edited by gianpiede.7294
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Yet another example of why moves should reveal on cast not on hit. 

But since Anet wont do that, I propose an alternate solution. 

Buff Moa. 

If Chicken got hands, people will fear the chicken. 

No longer will our avian adversaries be forced to run away in fear. No, they will evade their way into the enemy lines and maul their target with such ferocity they'll rue the day they bestowed such power upon you. 

https://youtu.be/miomuSGoPzI

• Haha 1

I wanted to say several things, but apharma and agrippa literally said everything that needed to be said. Signet of humility is the natural answer to y'all degenerates getting carried by the most despicable builds (used to run it against flamethrower scrappers, back in the day). You might be forced to learn to play and that is good for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5