My First Precursor Drop

Been here since betas, and got my first precursor drop. Tooth of Frostfang!

What greatly amused me is that it was from identifying an unid I got from my home instance. I don't even have a very stocked home instance.

So let that be a lesson, kids! Always do your daily chores. 😄

• Like 15
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 4

rng is rng, might as well mass farm/buy rares instead. Pretty sure the only precursors I got were from flushing weapons down the drain though.

Maybe anet should consider having a stickied "look what I got today!" thread, seeing these recent "I got infusion/precursor/something" posts? 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

25 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

rng is rng, might as well mass farm/buy rares instead. Pretty sure the only precursors I got were from flushing weapons down the drain though.

Maybe anet should consider having a stickied "look what I got today!" thread, seeing these recent "I got infusion/precursor/something" posts? 😄

Yeah, I wouldn't have posted just because it dropped, but I did find it funny that RNG granted it through something so amazingly heroic as doing my daily home instance run. 😄

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

Fantastic, congratulations! 

My only non-MF drop was for the staff, "The Legend"...  I couldn't tell you how long ago, but to put in perspective, it was from the Queensdale Runestone Troll... back in the day when it was a Champion and folks were running the 'QD Champ Train' at the beginning of the month to complete the 'Monthly Champ Slayer'... Seems like forever ago...

Anyway, hope luck comes in three for you... maybe time to open a BL Chest!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Nice. And coincidentally I have also been playing since beta and that is also the same one and only precursor I've ever had drop. And mine came from a PVP reward chest on one of the very few occasions I tried PVP many years ago. I made the legendary and sold it btw.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Been here since betas, and got my first precursor drop. Tooth of Frostfang!

What greatly amused me is that it was from identifying an unid I got from my home instance. I don't even have a very stocked home instance.

So let that be a lesson, kids! Always do your daily chores. 😄

gz

i noticed many ppl play from start never got a drop.

to blame is rng but mostly the kind of play style ppl have.

i had at least 8 pc drops but only from the time I played loot intense content. when u play the tag game and farm ur chances rise with every mob u kill.

its still rng but more loot means more chances.

nowadays i play non loot intense modes lile pvp and ofc zero drops.

so that's my advice for ppl want a pc drop and maybe a explanation for not getting one in years

• Confused 2

Congrats!

I got my first one about a year ago, after almost 7,000 hours of in-game time since launch, and it came from a noxious pod in Dragon's Stand. I didn't actually notice at first, I was too preoccupied with keeping an eye on how many machetes I had left and how much crystalline ore I had (I was in the process of making my 5th legendary weapon). It was only when I went to sort my inventory out that I noticed an exotic drop and that it had an unusual icon. I had to check the log in chat to find out where it came from.

I'm not really surprised it took me so long though. I almost never put equipment in the Mystic Forge (and when I do it's often low level stuff) and spend a lot of my time playing lower level characters or doing stuff with few/no drops, so I've always had fewer chances to get precursors than people who spend all their time farming meta events or whatever. It doesn't bother me, as I said I've made 5 legendary weapons and I actually prefer making the precursors anyway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

5000 hours in, the only precursor drop was Frenzy; the absolute cheapest, for the harpoon.

I cant remember how many hours I had but I play since release and my first was The Hunter from TD map but it was already when PoF was out but after that my luck went crazy and I got like 10 precursors as a drop (2 in an hour in wvw so that was some luck) and many, probably over 40, from mystic forge and thanks to endless extractor they were even free :D.

• Like 1

Also beta player. Think it was a couple of years ago, I was doing map exporation and ended up in a pve place with ice, snow, lake and a massive group of people. Saw a blue dragon land where everyone was gathered. It got killed and dropped a chak egg sac, found out later on the forum there was an event where pve bosses were dropping rare stuff. I squeed, never had a precursor drop, but worth it 🙂 I will never, ever sell it, even if it becomes common. Like a digital momento.

Edited by asterix.9614
  • Like 1