Alliances will flop

Riba.3271

I am the doomsayer 🧙‍♂️

As tightknit groups form, enemies will plague the ranks of war. From same village but shunned will one be. Lost will be us, not aware of the time to war.

Loud will not be the call of the arms as the wills waver, soon lands empty will be. Nations disappear with reason in its hands. Emptiness will plague us all

Guys it was fun, but WvW is ending soon. It is closing and some kind of arena game is taking its place. Unfortunate, but the end is near.

Bye, Teammates.

Bye, Rivals.

Bye, Home border.

Bye, Cooperation.

Bye, Communication.

Bye, Fights.

Bye, Points.

Bye, Scouts.

Bye, Public discords.

Bye, Caring.

Bye, Reason.

Bye, WvW

You will  all be missed. WvW, you were so succesful but still must be torn apart by those who do not care about you. It was amazing 10 years. R,I,P WvW. At least we will have Randoms vs Randoms instead of World vs World. I hope they don't forget the renaming.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

Alliances can't flop if if they are never released. Which is the more likely scenario at this rate.😂

Though to be fair, the vast majority of WvW players probably don't have a strong server identity anymore, that kind of thing died out a while ago. Last truly big  moment was when they had WvW seasons. Other than my guild and a few trolls on team chat I barely recognise most other players anymore. 

So I wouldn't count it as one of the things lost. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

Though to be fair, the vast majority of WvW players probably don't have a strong server identity anymore, that kind of thing died out a while ago

This is not true. Even when you leave a server, you're still contributing to how that same server expresses itself. to what is its character and its identity. Think about it, you're doing it even when you abandon it. simply because this mode is server-based expression and construction. There is no need to go around this. It is simply a fact. Even if you don't accept it or don't see it, nothing changes. It's still a mode based on servers confronting each other.  (+ a series of problems caused essentially by the players themselves, because they refuse to play honestly the games that Anet proposes )

That said. Alliances and WRs are indispensable if we want to see our way grow, change and naturally improve. We just have to define how to fit alliances within WWW.  There is a whole world to decide how to use alliances. You just have to define it.

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

What is insignificant, although many find it difficult to digest, is yours or my guild. In comparative terms (fundamental in a PvP game) in this mode it counts for nothing. because it is impossible to compare different things. My guild is 200 players your guild is 50 players. That's why this mode was designed on a server-based basis. Because this container (if managed and controlled as it should) is the only way to allow huge teams to confront each other. 

It is no coincidence that this section of the forum refers to World vs World. and not to guild vs guild.

You should somehow make peace with yourself and accept this reasoning, because it is a fact.😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Development is essentially adding two new things. the ability to aggregate + reed guilds if on different worlds. And it is adding the ability to redistribute all of us, in an orderly manner (without losing guildmates on the street) so as to get very similar teams in terms of flow. To say that alliances will fail is like saying nothing. Because it all depends on how Anet wants to take advantage of these two new tools so that this game mode is more engaging and more fun for all its players.

Of course if everything is limited to the concept of ''rinse and repeat'' every 8 weeks automatically without meaning, we will not go very far. It is necessary that Anet adds all that part that (as far as is known) is missing at this time.

Also because on alliances and wr there is a huge expectation widespread in the various communities of players. Inside and outside GW2

• Haha 1

Just now, TexZero.7910 said:

that's probably why they've stopped calling it alliances and swapped to world restructering beta

They never called it alliances. Alliances has always been a 500 man group of guilds while the system as a whole has been world restructuring. It's all the people the forum that constantly mistake and confuse the two.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Alliances will be the drama, WR might the 'who are you and why should I respond to your callout' bit with added Alliance versus Alliance drama sprinkled in. It will be social experiments meets math mixed with gamers trying to game things mixed in. But it is where we are headed so, feedback feedback feedback. Though I go round and round about doing both testing and bonus rewards at the same time, yes I am sadistic, since its hard to see how the the matches worked versus how they would work without people playing for extra reward. Again apply the extra reward before and after to understand how people played and how impactful the WR balancing was for play versus the extra gains unless the bonus rewards is going to added all the time to bring more people in. Else you have two variables in the same test without knowing how each stood alone. I get testing to understand how it can handle population increases but there is not a real good baseline defined for just the WR beta impacting populations and if the matches being more balanced actually drew people in or if it made people step away from the game mode when their match was not or if they said, I don't really care why stress it I don't know these people anyway. Today people might stick out a fight since their favorite tag is in a fight or they want to defend people they have seen for years even without being in voice with them since they are out there scouting and trying to keep our stuff and you want to support that. People will play just to have fun, people also play since its the local pub or bar and they are jumping on to fight with peeps they see normally. Extra rewards during beta test kind of mask that. And no I don't see WvW as a money maker so not saying we shouldn't get bonus weeks, if anything it should be added as once a month thing or better rewards and more activity leads to better rewards kind of systems and reasons to win. Mixing them leads to mixed results and what did what kinds of questions. IMO.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

we will have Randoms vs Randoms instead of World vs World

more like "alliance raid vs. bags" 😏

so, choose your side wisely 😁

agreed on all your points, may we have a poll for: "How much would you like to play EotM with better rewards?"

the answer will pretty much tell if World Destructuring will prevail or fail

• Like 1

3 hours ago, enkidu.5937 said:

more like "alliance raid vs. bags" 😏

so, choose your side wisely 😁

agreed on all your points, may we have a poll for: "How much would you like to play EotM with better rewards?"

the answer will pretty much tell if World Destructuring will prevail or fail

Yeah but to be fair to that poll you would have to also have an option would you just prefer that map brought over. But I admit if I get locked out of queues it is still fun to visit until queue pops and on reset there is a number of people out there to be found.

3 minutes ago, MaLong.2079 said:

I don't think guild leaders will enjoy the extra work of having to allow or reject those who want to represent the guild.

Not like it will be something they need to do a daily basis, just a one time thing the week before the selection locks for a week before new world creations. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Xenesis.6389

49 minutes ago, MaLong.2079 said:

I don't think guild leaders will enjoy the extra work of having to allow or reject those who want to represent the guild.

Guild representation has nothing to do with world restructure, your WvW guild, alliances, or anything other than having the guild tag by your name.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, TexZero.7910 said:

that's probably why they've stopped calling it alliances and swapped to world restructering beta

ArenaNet has NEVER, not even ONCE called the whole process of World Restructuring "alliances". 

The concept of the "alliance-system" is a concept, that was entirely player-made, in an attempt from the PLAYERS to solve population imbalance. This name basically established itself within the community, even before ANet even STARTED to even begin planning for a world restructuring. If you check the old forums ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum ) you will find posts dating back to early 2016 and earlier, discussing potential solutions for population-imbalance, including alliances. The first time ArenaNet actually used the term "alliances" is in the February 1st 2018-post, announcing that they actually work on World restructuring: 

If you read carefully, you will notice that they don´t call it "the alliance system". The official name of the whole process (replacing servers, building new matchups, seasons and the transition to the new system) is ALWAYS called "World Restructuring". 

the only context ANet uses the word "alliance" is always in explanation of a PART of the system. The "alliance"-part is exclusively the option for players to band together to get placed into the same team, and potentially multiple alliances banding together. This does NOT include anything else (like matchmaking, seasons, or any other rework that may come with WR)

And it´s fascinating, that even to this day, people are confusing "World Restructuring" with "alliances", not realizing that alliances are only one PART of world restructuring. 

Edited by Custodio.6134
  • Thanks 3

It will be interesting to see how WvW ends up when they pull servers out from under the casual WvW population. I really don't see how it won't cause a sizeable drop in population.

We'll see but I just hope that the alliances release date doesn't clash with Star Citizen's.

Edited by RlyOsim.2497
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Custodio.6134 said:

And it´s fascinating, that even to this day, people are confusing "World Restructuring" with "alliances", not realizing that alliances are only one PART of world restructuring.

Yea, kinda like even to this day people think in Lost they were dead on the island the whole time (although not nearly as bad as that).  Even after being told that's wrong by the showrunners.  People are funny; they can convince themselves of anything.

I do think Anet will need to give some reason to the people who aren't in Alliances or Guilds to play consistently.  I fear there are way more people who were motivated by being a part of a Server than we think.  And these people may drift away from coming out thus diluting the population even more.  I would suggest some sort of "season" which would be the 8 week period of play between population reshuffles.  It can't be for rewards because then people will burn themselves out for it.  But it should be something.  Maybe titles, prestige, simply a list posted on the forums or in game.  Maybe make a monument in LA listing the names of the worlds and how they fared.  I don't know... but something.

7 hours ago, RlyOsim.2497 said:

It will be interesting to see how WvW ends up when they pull servers out from under the casual WvW population.

It will surely come as a shock to every casual thats seen 50-70% of their server members get replaced bimonthly for the last half decade.

• Haha 3

I hope wvw will be changed soon, too much farming, less competition,... how many times have I captured empty towers and keeps together with the other 20+ players.

its so strange that we don't even have basic tools, like ladders, to get over the walls, meanwhile the pve world is filled with the flying mounts and zip lines.

Edited by Chaos God.1639