Ahem...so...for the next expansion in the future...

1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Rise of the Deepwalker!

Rise of Demons!

RoD. Calling it now

I thought for sure you'd end out this list with RoI, Return on Investment.

Should be interesting to see how their new content delivery plans work out since the upcoming expansion will be the first example of it in practice.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Anguish of Darkness. 

Twilight of Shadows. 

The Endless Night.

7 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

"Guild Wars 2: Abaddon's Awakening."

Abaddon was destroyed in the end of GW: Nighfall, and Kormir absorbed his powers to become a god.. so I think it's more likely it'll be Menzies the Mad.

Robert Ludlum had a bunch of best selling books that followed a formula. It's like a signature. You keep things uniform sometimes to enhance recognition.  The vast majority of Ludlum books and all the onse that were in the same genre were the, proper noun, noun.

The Matlock Paper
The Materese Circle
The Bourne Identity
The Hoelcraft Covenant

The Scarlatti Inheritance

The Icarus Agenda

The Janson Directive

The Osterman Weekend 

And many more. If it's good enough for Robert Ludlum it's good enough for Anet.

Edit: Ludlum also wrote the Road to Gondolfo, but it wasn't in the same genre as the others.

Edited by Vayne.8563
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Andy.5981 said:

Three titles with "of" in the middle? 

Everquest is on its 29th expansion, 23 of them have "of" in their title... 3... lol.....

The first four Harry Potter books all have "of" in the titles as well.  And worse still, they ALL have "the". Probably a lack of creativity. /s

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

the "End of Dragons" is the odd title compared to predecessors.... it should be "Dragons of the end".

Sorry, I have no Idea how to describe a criteria where  "Dragons of the end" fits with the previous titles...

A way to describe the pattern so far is [noun] of [noun(s)]. With the first noun being related to a position/location. Pluralization of the second noun is variable simply because it is improper to pluralize 'fire' that is implied to be continuous.

Before End of Dragons the pattern could be [noun] (made) of [noun(s)]. But that is up to interpretations as "Hearth of Thorns", can be interpreted as, a heart made of thorns, or (the) heart (center/roots?) of a patch of thorns (the jungle/Mordremoth). "Path of Fire" likewise can be interpreted as a Path made of fire, or (the) Path (of destruction) left by a fire (Balthazar).

If we get really interpretive. even "End of Dragons" can be used to say, End ofby Dragons. If we decide that the use of "of" is an attribution of authorship. That is an uncommon use for "of" but it is somewhat valid. After all, this end was orchestrated by two dragons (with help from a third lesser dragon).

Titles in general are ambiguous and usually stripped of much of any clarifying words. So there is kind of an art to using that ambiguity for literary effect. I think "of" might also just be a fun word to play around with.

17 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Rise of the Deepwalker!

Rise of Demons!

RoD. Calling it now

If the story is moving into demons, and include the Realm of Torment and River of Souls, I say, "River of Demons" could be a legit name. It can either be interpreted as a large flow of demons, or A river controlled by demons, and it follows my previously stated pattern of [noun/location] of [noun(s)].

On 6/24/2023 at 1:19 AM, JTGuevara.9018 said:
  • Heart of Thorns
  • Path of Fire
  • End of Dragons

Thank you all and good day!

If you just would speak german, so much more variety!

"Herz DER Dornen"
"Pfad DES Feuers"
"Ende DER Drachen"

Okay, still all a boring "of", but at least the gender of the noun varies it a bit ^^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1